What happens to BG Jackpot Hours when credits get removed?

• New

Om3Ga wrote:

@Dimriky:
      You can play your PvE all day and night long so stop forcing PvE to get involved into PvP events. Ridiculous.
      It doesn't seems like the presence of PvE quests reduces the queue time for this event, since sometimes it takes less than 1 minute to complete the queue, so I don't understand what's the problem. I don't even run the dugeons covered by the event, I'm doing it too using onling CS, but this doesn't mean they should remove them: anyone must have the chance to enjoy what they like, and at the moment everyone is doing it.
    • New

@Atmorph
      Please consider carefully the new proposed rewards vs what we are getting now. Triple rep and double rep is good, guaranteed rewards and is still somewhat worth a player's time if he has a bad day and loses a lot of games. I'm somewhat skeptical of the value (from players' viewpoint) of the suggested RNG, only for winners system.

You should open that excel and make the necessary calculations to arrive at such numbers, for whatever system you decide to implement, that gives around the same expected value for time spent in Battlegrounds as what we have at the moment with power hours. As a baseline it is reasonable to assume that a player will win 50% of his games. If this expected value is considerably decreased, people will not be happy. Pvp is a factor in the longevity of the game; once people are bored with the new dungeons, having fun and active pvp will keep many players playing the game longer.
    • New

Om3Ga wrote:

@Dimriky: Stop talking about PvE already. Nobody said to delete PvE from the current Event.

We are talking about future PvP/PvP events and PvE elements have nothing lost there.
      Then there was a misunderstanding. In my second comment I proposed a similiar thing too, with the difference I think that CS shouldn't be the only battlegrounf that has an advantage in this game. What I proposed is a mix between the current timed event and a weekly featured BG, in order to give more variability to the game. I proposed to give a different weekly badges reward too for PvP elements, in order to attract people to BGs. In the beginning I didn't even talked about PvE. So the only two things I pointed out from your comments where:
      -CS supremacy, that shouldn't be a thing;
      -The fact that PvP and PvE events can coexist: obviously at this point is mandatory to let BGs to be more appealing, but this mustn't blind you.
    • New

It is not like i personally made CS superior by some dark magic tricks.

When CS was new, Fraywind died. People liked it more because it was newbie friendly.
      No need for gear, no need for being a level 60 unlike FC.

And thats how over the years CS got branded in peoples mind as the #1 battleground + it was the only active battleground.

The last thing we need are 2 mass PvP battlegrounds trying to run at the same time. Nobody would get a queue which would lead people to not even try to queue for a battleground anymore.
    • New

Om3Ga wrote:

It is not like i personally made CS superior by some dark magic tricks.

When CS was new, Fraywind died. People liked it more because it was newbie friendly.
      No need for gear, no need for being a level 60 unlike FC.

And thats how over the years CS got branded in peoples mind as the #1 battleground + it was the only active battleground.
      That's right, back then it wasn't equalized and exclusive for lvl 60, but now they work the same way and let's be frank... Fray is as intuitive as CS, is way more pvp based and (credit wise) more rewarding... and CS depends a lot from the first team that attack: if it is the strongest, one game can last 3 minutes per round, if it is the weakest, one game can easily reach more than 15 minutes.
      "Cs best bg" is just an old days legacy.

Om3Ga wrote:

The last thing we need are 2 mass PvP battlegrounds trying to run at the same time. Nobody would get a queue which would lead people to not even try to queue for a battleground anymore.
      Just look back at this 2 weeks: during afternoon and late evening CS was active, and during reputation hours were active the others BGs, so pvp was always active; yesterday I started playing at 21.45 and I did easily 4 Fray games, and after 23 other 2 or 3 CS... so the reputation event isn't, objectively, an handicap for pvp.
      Even back in the old days Kumas an Cs used to coexist, yet queue time for the two were almost the same.

Ps: the best solution would be a multi-queue system to try queuing more BGs, but they never took this in consideration in the last years.
    • New

Dimriky wrote:

Ps: the best solution would be a multi-queue system to try queuing more BGs, but they never took this in consideration in the last years.
      Actually multi-queue was announced for the next patch, if I remember that right. It's sort of a shame they remove the credits though.
      Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 429/433 | Panic | Yurian | VM8
      Ultima | Lv65 Priest | ILv 417 | Panic | Yurian | VM6

Seadra | Lv65 Archer | ILv 422 | Panic | Yurian
      Veku | Lv65 Archer | ILv414 | Panic | Yurian
      Quest Zerk | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Xedra Brawler
      Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Legender Archer | Ranael Valkyrie

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget
    • New

Aeq wrote:

Dimriky wrote:

Actually multi-queue was announced for the next patch, if I remember that right. It's sort of a shame they remove the credits though.

Did Atmorph mentioned it somewhere in another discussion? Because that's the only thing mentioned about Bgs in the preview

image.prntscr.com/image/c742a62040774e5eb8601b0cf6e88dda.png
    • New

Aeq wrote:

Actually multi-queue was announced for the next patch, if I remember that right.
      Yeah? Guess I should start reading patch notes... It took them just 5-6 years?

Aeq wrote:

It's sort of a shame they remove the credits though.
      First no remodeller, then no healing/tanking items, then no stamina system and related consumables, which also lead to dead alchemy and almost no point of gathering, and now no battleground shops.

Is there going to be something that will replace the BG credits shop - some tokens or anything?
    • New

Dimriky wrote:

In K-Tera they did this
      Patch 55
      I've read this already. I'm asking if there's going to be something that will ACTUALLY replace the rep shops. Getting a box with some most probably retarded FIXED content is not a replacement for a shop where you could choose what to spend your credits on - be it enchanting mats boxes, gear crafting mats (including PvE, PvP and accessories mats, as well as resizing kits), even glyph boxes, crystals and mid-tier gear boxes (a gigantic waste of credits but yeah, feedback gets 'considered', right...).

I'm asking about an actual replacement such as new tokens like Elleon's Mark of Valour but obtained from PvP activities. Let's call it Balder's Badge of Cunning (or "BBC" for short ). We can have there alkahest, spellbind, SES, diadem fragments, MOUNT CRAFTING RUNES (it's currently cheaper to buy a Frostlion than crafting it - like, seriously?!), gear and jewelry crafting related mats. Judging by the state of Elleon's shop, we're more likely to get a big N-O-T-H-I-N-G instead of battleground rewards that are worth our time and effort. Heck, we never even got stun reduction on earrings 6 /SIX/ MONTHS after equalised battlegrounds change, and @Atmorph is still asking for feedback. Just wow...
    • New

Hey everybody,

thank you for your feedback.

I just wanted to clarify - as mentioned in my initial post, the intention is not to use random jackpots! We are aware of the fact that those are the worst possible solution right now, and are focusing our efforts on alternative ways.

That being said, Nyoka, Iaito and I were just talking about the credits event so far, and how we can adapt the MWA/SES/Spellbind-Boxes into a new system without credits.
      • Unfortunately, the previously proposed solution (timeframe shown in the VI-Quest) cannot be used, as it is limited via the event function to "1x only per quest type"
      Since we can't use this solution, we've decided to proceed as follows:
      • We create 4 new BG Boxes ('final candidates' below)
        • The 3 existing boxes stay in the BC/KS Credits Store for now (same prices, but tiered content gets updated to Tier 11 with P55)
      • Instead of Double/Triple Credits, we add one reward box per won match (every winner gets the box with 100% prob!)
        • Jackpot/BG can be repeated unlimited times during event period
      Here's a current version of how we'd set the new BG Boxes up:

On that note, thanks @Sunflare for the comparison of CS/FW Triple/Double Event outcome and what you're doing with the credits. Feedback like that really helps, and allows us to improve on the existing event (with the given tools) and create new boxes with similar/more content.

As always, let us know what your thoughts are!

Thanks,
      Atmorph
    • New

Please remove the normal Dyad Niveot structure/Fashion Coupons from the lootable - or at least the dyad. We have more than 100 of these in our bank and they are just useless because the smart dyads cost nothing on EU and in the end are the cheaper way to get the dyad niveot you want...
    • New

Atmorph wrote:

• The 3 existing boxes stay in the BC/KS Credits Store for now (same prices, but tiered content gets updated to Tier 11 with P55)

Will other items like circlet fragments stay in the credits store?

Ps: so losers aren't going to get anything other than that "scroll piece" (I don't remember the name)? This would he a shame since at the moment losers too can have double/triple exp

Pps: Since we'll get boxes both from normal game and jackpot, will Sea Chest still be here and will it be update?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Dimriky ().

• New

Dimriky wrote:

Ps: so losers aren't going to get anything other than that "scroll piece" (I don't remember the name)? This would he a shame since at the moment losers too can have double/triple exp
      Unfortunately we won't be able to set up additional rewards for the losers' side anymore, so yes, only winners will be able to get them. :(
    • New

Agreed that normal Dyad Structure has become useless item but rest is really good. With the loser thingy I dont mind that much. Maybe you could give out something small to everyone like for example the one loser piece more to losers and winners and 2 more when tripple event. Rewards looks like it will worth so fine for me.

Edit: Oh yes and moving Fashion cupons to the guaranteed instead the "jackpot" reward would be nice too. Getting them from the RNG part would feel like solid scam when you can get so much more valuable rewards instead.