What happens to BG Jackpot Hours when credits get removed?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• What happens to BG Jackpot Hours when credits get removed?

I have been enjoying some casual pvp lately, doing Fraywind every evening that there is 2x or 3x credits and the queue has been popping very fast and the BG has been both fun and felt like worth doing in terms of rewards.

What is the plan to replace these jackpot hours after credits get removed? It would REALLY suck if we went back to those times when Fraywind never pops :(
    • Fraywind would only deserve to come back if the stupid buffs finally get removed, so we can have clean eq PvP.

As for CS, it is about time that these stupid timed events end, they just made it even more inactive.

Currently CS is very active due to this new event.
      So just make this event for CS permanent where 1 char needs to play CS 10 times in order to get the rewards, like it is now but with a better guaranteed reward + better 1 of 4 random rewards.

Delete all the PvE event quests, obviously.
    • Fraywind is good as it is.

Of course it makes CS less active when people are are given the chance to play more fun BGs that are not all about bashing two stupid gates. People getting to play something else than CS for a few hours every day quite reasonable imho. You still got 21 hours each day to bash that gate.
    • All BGs suck the same because pvp is unbalanced. CS was not active all day long like omega says. Que popped every 20-30min before 4 years so stop lying omega! Now it pops in 2minutes. Basically in 3hours you can manage more games then in whole day before lol. And it's good that there are different battlegrounds so people can enjoy what they like (even though all are shit because of certian aspects)
    • Lol so anyways don't really care if CS is active or not, but I highly doubt removing Jackpot Hours would suddenly make people queue for it all day long. The problem with CS is that it's just so boring because there is so little pvp in it, but that is not the focus in this topic.

To get back on track,
      right now we have guaranteed times when people can queue BGs and expect short queues and decent rewards, and I would just like to get some assurances that this will not change for the worse with the next patch.
    • ^ Quite funny though because i have not logged on "zajeb" for about 4months now. I dont even have pvp gear nor is my weapon or any gear pvp rolled since i only play CS which is equlized. You confused me with someone. What gear did the character had? PLEASE take a screenshot. Im quite sure you can inspect him again right?
    • Terrark wrote:

zajeb is a noob he is another person who just lives in the forum instead of playing the game..
      go mystel and inspect his pvp stats his name is same as here on forums.
      I was laughing when i saw it.

if you really play so long you would know that cs was really active all day long and ques were like 10 minutes and 20 minutes ques were very rare.
      There were three reasons for the fact it was more active:
      -The population was higher
      -You was able to queue it even under lvl 60-65
      -There were only 2 battlegrounds + 3vs3

The second was the main reason it was pretty active, while the latter contributed to it thanks to the fact that Kumasylum could be the most frustating thing in the world, so people liked CS more... the moment they shifted CS to lvl 65 only, they killed it(how munch time ago was it? 3 years?).

Om3Ga wrote:

As for CS, it is about time that these stupid timed events end, they just made it even more inactive.

Really, you want to end the only thing that let BGs live until today? CS saw a little of light after they added that dragon item to the vanguard request (reducing the queue during afternoon to 15-20 minutes lol), but before that it was completely depending on the timed event you hate... and once in a while is cool to try others battlegrounds: Fray and Giri would be completely dead if they remove it.
    • Hey everyone!

I mentioned this in another thread already - but here we go once more:

Atmorph wrote:

As for BG changes - we'll follow-up on those once the details are final (Credits, Merchants, BG Boxes, Potential Daily Events, Achievements).
      To add a bit more info to the conversation (had a bit more time since to look into it) - it's very unlikely that we'll get the content of the reward boxes adjusted, as that is a global setting for all TERA regions.

A potential (event) feature I'm currently looking into is the following though, which should both increase visibility of "special hours" as well as what can be gotten quite significantly. Image is in German unfortunately (will be localised later of course ingame), but what I mean is basically the bottom part "Zusatzbelohnung" showing items and on the right side the timeframe.

Please let me know what your thoughts regarding this are, keeping in mind that:
      1. I'm still looking into this feature as I write this (limitations / possibility / flexibility / reward settings / etc)
      2. The items are just IDs I put there as a test
      3. I'm not yet sure whether this is
        • only for winning the round (probably is though)
        • can still be gotten when the daily 8 BG quests are done (probably isn't though)
      4. Alternatives are either RNG Jackpots (upon entry into the BG) are 'Challenges' as we currently have them (but these cannot be selected as wished / are less fit for 'special daily timeframes')
      So yeah, potential ideas currently are to
      • Use this system
      • Transfer current BG Reward Boxes from the reputation stores to these event-quests (either the box or part of the content)
      • Potentially, if manageable, add adjusted rewards if 8 BG quests have already been done that day
      I believe that, even if it should be 'winner only', this setting/option would be better than the previous random jackpots, which had no clear visual representation (beforehand) or 'safety' as to what we'd get when playing a BG.

Thank you and have a nice weekend,
      Atmorph
      Images
      • BG_Jackpots.jpg

25.77 kB, 757×204, viewed 415 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Atmorph ().

• zajeb wrote:

Idk what this zusa... means but if it is reward for winning between 18-21h i think its decent to get 10mwa and 1 ses (maybe would be better if you place 10spellbinds instead of mwa though :D ). Repeatable 8x times?
      Yes, you can translate "Zusatzbelohnung" in additional reward.

I hope, they are doing something against the Semi-problem and not only in pvp. Semis are harder to optain but need much more for the jewelery.
    • Atmorph wrote:

Please let me know what your thoughts regarding this are, keeping in mind that:
      1. I'm still looking into this feature as I write this (limitations / possibility / flexibility / reward settings / etc)
      2. The items are just IDs I put there as a test
      3. I'm not yet sure whether this is
        • only for winning the round (probably is though)
        • can still be gotten when the daily 8 BG quests are done (probably isn't though)
      4. Alternatives are either RNG Jackpots (upon entry into the BG) are 'Challenges' as we currently have them (but these cannot be selected as wished / are less fit for 'special daily timeframes')
      So yeah, potential ideas currently are to
      • Use this system
      • Transfer current BG Reward Boxes from the reputation stores to these event-quests (either the box or part of the content)
      • Potentially, if manageable, add adjusted rewards if 8 BG quests have already been done that day
      I believe that, even if it should be 'winner only', this setting/option would be better than the previous random jackpots, which had no clear visual representation (beforehand) or 'safety' as to what we'd get when playing a BG.

Thank you and have a nice weekend,
      Atmorph
      If you add back RNG Jackpots, make sure its the Jackpots we had 2015-16. Crap like 3 Elleons Marks, 1 Goldfinger Token, etc. has no place as Jackpot.
      Limiting the Event to "only" 8 BG Quests is no good in my opinion. There is alot of people who only play 1 Class, and are doing PvE as well, which is far more rewarding anyways.
      Since these Quests require you to win to earn a reward it might get frustrating in longer BGs like FW. But then again, Jackpots require you to win aswell. Jackpots should still be a given part of the game tho. Removing them was once again, no good.
      So yes, these additional Rewards should be obtainable even if the daily 8 BG Quests are done, but within a fixed time. That and bringing back Jackpots is a step in the right direction imho.
      Jackpots however, should have no timeframe. Maybe let BGs rotate on a daily basis such as:
      Monday - Gridiron Jackpots
      Tuesday - Fraywind Jackpots
      Wednesday - Gridiron Jackpots
      Thursday - Fraywind Jackpots
      Friday - Gridiron Jackpots
      Saturday - Fraywind Jackpots
      Sunday - Fraywind Jackpots

CS Jackpots should be activated permanently. Skyring should be also a daily thing, rotating between solo and premade like it is now.
    • What about something like the event that is online now?
      You could set a "weekly battleground playlist" that changes every week (maybe would be better only Fray-CS-Giri): after you completed/win tot matches, you are rewarded with utilities (x SES. x MWA, x MES, I don't know), however you should leave the evening event too (maybe with double/triple boxes/"the other losers item I don't rememebr" per match) in order to let people to play other Bgs during week.
      Moreover, the weekly featured BG would be removed from the evening event calendar in order to have more of the others BG during the week (or maybe it could be substitute with Kuma's, that is pretty dead at lvl 65).
    • @Atmorph Aren't there people within 'the Team' who actually play the game or at least understand that petty random jackpots are NOT desired? You even removed the Rejuvenation Potion and Divine Infusion from battleground rewards. And you expect anyone to take your request for feedback seriously, knowing you'll simply ignore it like you've been doing so for years now?

We (I personally anyway) don't want jackpots. Your money-grabbing RNG boxes and Wheel of Scam schemes are not welcome. If there's a chance for a random reward in addition to guaranteed power hour rewards, that's OK. I haven't seen a diamond in the game for 8 months now - since last PvP rankings reset. And it's been a year since you removed them from CS. Shame on you!

Right now, we can get a Circlet Fragment even after 2 lost matches during double/triple hours. If we win, that's more than 1 piece. And it doesn't matter whether we have Vanguard quests left or not.

14-min CS match - win - during triple credits - not leader:

full image

13-min FW match - win - during double credits - not leader:

full image

In the first example (3x credits), that's 1x vmwa box (16 vmwa + extra drop) + more than a circlet fragment (or one might want to buy a vses or t10 spellbind box after next match).
      In the second example (2x credits), that's 1/2x vmwa box (8 vmwa + extra drop) + a circlet fragment.
      These rewards aren't high at all, although this is the ceiling for these battlegrounds during these times and for these roles and ranks.
      If you don't know what the idea behind increased battleground drops is, let me tell you what you must try and achieve. You must make battlegrounds appealing. That is your only goal. This won't happen with ridiculous jackpots though. We had this and it didn't work. I don't know why it took you over half a year to see it and finally, read as very, very late switched them to guaranteed double/triple credit increase. Appealing battlegrounds -> active battlegrounds -> happy players -> more players. Needless to say, this means more potential Store customers. Are you really that short-sighted that you don't see how making battlegrounds (and dungeons of course!) more attractive is beneficial to this game (and to Gameforge, apparently!)? Instead of posting some screenshot in German, come here with good and practical alternatives to this new and stupid reward box system. And when you ask for feedback, at least pretend you're listening.
    • Looks like only Sunflare and terrark besides me have a healthy brain on this forum.
      And it also looks like all these other people don't even want active PvP to come back.

@Atmorph

We have currently a very active CS matching, make use of the event we have right now and use it for the future as a permanent solution.

- Remove the PvE quests like recommended above
      - Give us better fixed rewards
      - Give us better 4 random rewards
      - Add Jackpot chance (Diamond, Battlepacks, Spellbins etc.) to every CS match

This should be enough to keep CS active again after a long time.
      And as a bonus you can make Fraywind Canyon events every here and then.
    • The solution would be good, but I personally play 1 and half char and in the evening I mostly dont have many vanguard badges left so that would kinda make me get nothing out of this :/
    • Om3Ga wrote:

- Remove the PvE quests like recommended above

The fact that you like CS so munch doesn't mean that PvE quests should be removed, you know?
      I would understand if you said something like "let's split daily and weekly badges in PvE and PvP ones", that would actually work both for PvE players and PvP players... but why should you ruin PvE players fun? There are quite some solo PvE quests that let players (both PvP and PvE) to obtain good utilities.

Om3Ga wrote:

This should be enough to keep CS active again after a long time.
      And as a bonus you can make Fraywind Canyon events every here and then.

Same as the upper comment: the fact you like CS so munch doesn't mean every other BG should be put aside.

MarkBlax wrote:

The solution would be good, but I personally play 1 and half char and in the evening I mostly dont have many vanguard badges left so that would kinda make me get nothing out of this :/

For Atmorph: like I said in the first comment, could be a good idea to separate PvE badges from PvP ones and give two weekly rewards? This way people could have more freedom in choosing vanguard request quests.