Been longest patch ever yet we are just getting NM?

  • Zeldo wrote:

    Are you really saying that nobody knows anything about the hm? Pls, ktera got it like the 9th of february. Videos are everywhere.
    No. I'm saying it's fun when nobody in your party knows anything about it. If you have static or friends with same mindset and don't care watching videos of koreans playing tera, it's fun to go and find out what to do yourself the first time around. Of course it's not the same to join a random group being oblivious and annoying everyone else.
  • Most static never figure out mechanics since End of MCHM Content. Just watch Korean Videos and gg ezpz. Nowdays u just get gear carried. +15 from last content makes new content too easy. This is why SCHM took around 2 weeks for first clear... because nobody really was gear carried. Most people had +12 (only a few managed to get a +15 weapon thx to GG drop).

    And gear decides if u wipe or not especially for time based boss like schm >25% burn phase. Ofc movement/dodge is important.
  • KvaKva wrote:

    Bargg wrote:

    KvaKva wrote:

    I very much prefer two part dungeon patches over one simply because it creates a better background for players to learn the new dungeon because even the high end players run the same dungeons as low end ones.
    That's selfish
    Please elaborate why it is selfish.
    Because you want good players to run easy dungeons that bore them to carry newbies or bad players. Everyone should just do what best suits their ability. There shouldn't be a time when there's an easy dungeon giving out of proportion rewards which usually happens when there's no new hard mode release. Events for that particular dungeon or just high loot that will get nerfed once hm comes out. Or just being the only source of some material for BiS gear.
  • Bargg wrote:

    KvaKva wrote:

    Bargg wrote:

    KvaKva wrote:

    I very much prefer two part dungeon patches over one simply because it creates a better background for players to learn the new dungeon because even the high end players run the same dungeons as low end ones.
    That's selfish
    Please elaborate why it is selfish.
    Because you want good players to run easy dungeons that bore them to carry newbies or bad players. Everyone should just do what best suits their ability. There shouldn't be a time when there's an easy dungeon giving out of proportion rewards which usually happens when there's no new hard mode release. Events for that particular dungeon or just high loot that will get nerfed once hm comes out. Or just being the only source of some material for BiS gear.
    whats your problem with carrying ppl? I mean you can choose who you take in your group no? Also why its bothering you so hard that newbs are in your groups. You have to get through so or so to get drops. Its totally pointless if that takes 2 more mins with less experienced players. You should work on your team skills :).
  • New

    Kraxler wrote:

    This is why SCHM took around 2 weeks for first clear
    Bunch of good players weren't active during SCHM (remenber the MWA scandal? VM4 in GG?), so yeah I wouldnt blame everything on gear.

    Also the party that tried it (and actually got the 1st clear? can't remenber, the one with that warrior), only like their 2nd tank was good , rest was average at best.
  • New

    Schnarchgott wrote:

    Bargg wrote:

    KvaKva wrote:

    Bargg wrote:

    KvaKva wrote:

    I very much prefer two part dungeon patches over one simply because it creates a better background for players to learn the new dungeon because even the high end players run the same dungeons as low end ones.
    That's selfish
    Please elaborate why it is selfish.
    Because you want good players to run easy dungeons that bore them to carry newbies or bad players. Everyone should just do what best suits their ability. There shouldn't be a time when there's an easy dungeon giving out of proportion rewards which usually happens when there's no new hard mode release. Events for that particular dungeon or just high loot that will get nerfed once hm comes out. Or just being the only source of some material for BiS gear.
    whats your problem with carrying ppl? I mean you can choose who you take in your group no? Also why its bothering you so hard that newbs are in your groups. You have to get through so or so to get drops. Its totally pointless if that takes 2 more mins with less experienced players. You should work on your team skills :).
    Irrelevant what I think about carrying or who I play with. Kvakva said "it creates a better background for players to learn the new dungeon because even the high end players run same dungeons as low end ones."

    Basically it means; "It's okay to take the fun from high end players to make starting or bad player's runs faster". Whether it's true or not doesn't even matter, it's just how it looks like the way Kvakva wrote it. Which is selfish thinking. To make players do content they don't even want to do simply because there are rewards every "high end player" needs. - When there's normal mode released before hard mode, hard mode materials and/or boxes for best equipment only drop in normal mode and that normal mode gets events or just has high loot until the hard mode comes out.

    So how exactly is split patch better? To first release normal and hard later? Only good reason is earlier release date. Though not sure if we could in theory get them at the same time, since they've been out in Korea for a while already before we get them.
  • New

    Fxck normal mode, fxck this shit, if we dont get HM at the same time as NM I'm just gonna press the deinstall button bcus I hyped for a new patch for no reason what so ever, wasted my god damn time making a guide and then this shit tells us ok we're splitting the patch. We'll be forced to do NM for what 3 weeks and POOF no challenge what so ever to clear HM, yeah no good bye.




    + They've put korean patches together in to one before so why can't they do it now?? Splitting the patches is dumb >:c
  • New

    Kyanara wrote:

    Fxck normal mode, fxck this shit, if we dont get HM at the same time as NM I'm just gonna press the deinstall button bcus I hyped for a new patch for no reason what so ever, wasted my god damn time making a guide and then this shit tells us ok we're splitting the patch. We'll be forced to do NM for what 3 weeks and POOF no challenge what so ever to clear HM, yeah no good bye.




    + They've put korean patches together in to one before so why can't they do it now?? Splitting the patches is dumb >:c
    The rage though. I thought you were hot gamer grill :o

    Anyways, I agree. Although I wouldn't say grinding NM will be enough to easily grasp HM before ever doing it but it WILL be boring as hell since all NM dungeons are boring. Even the HMs are boring as hell but at least they give you some purpose in the beginning. But guess what, either gf can't do anything about it or they won't even if they can - oh no he didn't - yes, he did
    始まりの終わりと終わりの始まり :elin20:
    Twitch.Stream~
  • New

    Chaospfeil wrote:

    Kyanara wrote:

    Fxck normal mode, fxck this shit, if we dont get HM at the same time as NM I'm just gonna press the deinstall button bcus I hyped for a new patch for no reason what so ever, wasted my god damn time making a guide and then this shit tells us ok we're splitting the patch. We'll be forced to do NM for what 3 weeks and POOF no challenge what so ever to clear HM, yeah no good bye.




    + They've put korean patches together in to one before so why can't they do it now?? Splitting the patches is dumb >:c
    The rage though. I thought you were hot gamer grill :o
    Anyways, I agree. Although I wouldn't say grinding NM will be enough to easily grasp HM before ever doing it but it WILL be boring as hell since all NM dungeons are boring. Even the HMs are boring as hell but at least they give you some purpose in the beginning. But guess what, either gf can't do anything about it or they won't even if they can - oh no he didn't - yes, he did
    Yeah I'm mad, can't be mad and hot gamer grill at the same time?

    Quite certain I heard some Korean player saying ''If you can clear NM you can easily clear HM'', and from my experience NM is not very different from HM, + if u're gear carried then even easier. Maybe if we complain enough gf will realise how much they're screwing up? :^^^^) Just sad all my setting up static will be for nothing..
  • New

    Bargg wrote:

    KvaKva wrote:

    Bargg wrote:

    KvaKva wrote:

    I very much prefer two part dungeon patches over one simply because it creates a better background for players to learn the new dungeon because even the high end players run the same dungeons as low end ones.
    That's selfish
    Please elaborate why it is selfish.
    Because you want good players to run easy dungeons that bore them to carry newbies or bad players. Everyone should just do what best suits their ability. There shouldn't be a time when there's an easy dungeon giving out of proportion rewards which usually happens when there's no new hard mode release. Events for that particular dungeon or just high loot that will get nerfed once hm comes out. Or just being the only source of some material for BiS gear.
    I am not informed of the loot in the upcoming dungeons so I can not comment on that.
    During my Tera playtime I have seen so many players quit the game simply because they don't know how to handle consistently getting declined out of parties, and for me that vastly outshadows the "problem" of a certain dungeon not being here for a few weeks.

    Whether a dungeon bores you or not has nothing to do with any additional upcoming dungeons, but instead with the boring dungeon design itself.
    If I recall correctly both BR and FI (before their hard modes came out) were more difficult than their respective normal modes after the HM was introduced. I very much prefer this way of learning dungeons over the countless double heal parties because "the dungeon is too hard for one healer until the players learn", which seems to be the popular opinion.

    I don't feel like it's selfish to have the majority of the active playerbase doing the same dungeons over splitting them, especially not if it's only for a few weeks. I don't think "good players" are any more worth (in terms of isolating a part of the playerbase from "their" dungeons) compared to "bad players".
  • New

    Um, wait, what is the exact problem that the hard dungeon will come a few weeks later?

    People who could go get to clear it is a minority anyway - you wouldn't think so as your average player that you hang around with is a VM geared veteran. But truthfully - there are probably more players playing low dungeons than there are players playing high dungeons.

    There will be 3 new dungeons to go trough. That is a lot of content. And as I can understand, we will start getting changes in old high end dungeons over very short intervals in the future. We will have so much fresh it will make us sick. Probably not.

    As it is going to be only a few weeks - enjoy the patch or slack as yous currently are, go on a vacation from the game and come back with a fresh mind or just play casually for a bit longer. Why is it hurting?

    And your guide is still helpful. I mean, they could combine the patch and release it all 4-5 weeks later too, wouldn't that be even shittier..?

    So, HM comes a few weeks later - you will still probably get to clear it on release day, and many people probably thanks to your guide. No harm done.


    I hope there will be events n stuff too. For those who really do burn trough the new stuff way too fast. And everyone else too, ofc.
  • New

    Hotasduck wrote:

    Let's face it. No one will carry no one. High end players will go with other high end players to make their runs faster. Lol if you think otherwise I'm sorry but you're really delusional
    Or you just run with your guild. In my case we have both kind of players. Also dude don't post anymore your post number is awesome.
    Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

    EU:
    Arlassa - DDKrieger - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    Matoi.Ryuko - Tankkrieger - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
  • New

    Was just longing for something hard to clear, and wont get that this way, so yeah I'm taking a break from tera until HM dung gets released cus I'd prefer the part that I was initially hyped for, clearing the HM dung on first day then going afk for the next 6 months :^)
  • New

    Kyanara wrote:

    Fxck normal mode, fxck this shit, if we dont get HM at the same time as NM I'm just gonna press the deinstall button bcus I hyped for a new patch for no reason what so ever, wasted my god damn time making a guide and then this shit tells us ok we're splitting the patch. We'll be forced to do NM for what 3 weeks and POOF no challenge what so ever to clear HM, yeah no good bye.
    Pick one, both cannot work, you're talking about "challenge", when you made a freaking guide for it, watching bunch of video, analyzing all attacks and whatnot, like what challenge was it gonna be anyway?
    No 5man will ever be a challenge anymore, deal with it.

    edit: hell you even expect to clear on first day (which is normal and will happen for most people anyway but that is beside the point), so the question repeat itself, what challenge?