Ban wave this past weekend.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ban wave this past weekend.

So, is there going to be there any info on why the ban wave occured this weekend? There was no contact from Gameforge towards the players banned or any info regarding it or any change to the Terms and Conditions by the company itself, which if there is any change, I think you are, as a company, are actually obliged to share it with the costumers.

Take this as a rant or how it is, but there are people that have always supported you without violating anything and they have been banned, while you let people that hack/bot the game and those walk freely.
    • If you believe that you been banned as a mistake or would like to get more info about your ban, you can contact the support in regards to this issue. The Forum Team will not give out any info in regards to any bans to the game, you'll have to contact support for that.

Here's the link for the support, TERA Support.

Characters (All level 65):
      Sorcerer l Mystic l Reaper l Berserker

:elin9: Thank you Chloe for the awesome signature! :elin9:
    • I haven't been banned. I'm just asking if there has been a change of your Terms and Conditions about membership etc. If there was i would have liked to be informed. Since having friends banned like this, it makes me really not want to try my luck and renew my membership.
    • Well either it's just a 24hr ban due the launcher going derp mode or logging in from another location, or they simply just did something to get themselves banned.

Anyway just liked Shiro said - They should contact the support.
      ๖ۣۜAveana - 65 Lancer (PvE Main)
      ๖ۣۜRaffaela - 65 Mystic
      ๖ۣۜKorssakoff - 65 Gunner
    • Shi wrote:

Why post if you've nothing to say? Seriously...

Telissimo wrote:

So, is there going to be there any info on why the ban wave occured this weekend?
      Who got banned and what have Support said? They don't work at weekends, so bans were most probably automated system bans for whatever reason, e.g suspected payment fraud, mass account creation, VPN/proxy logins, compromised account security. Unless a GM actually manually banned you without explanation which would be retarded, yet not surprising.

I'd also like to know why there has been a ban wave. It's not like you're asking for personal account information here. Don't see what @Shi is so fussed about.
    • I truly doubt there was even any ban wave. If there was you would see a lot more people complaining about it honestly.

It's most likely really some automated system bans due login in with another IP / Hardware ID or perhaps indeed VPN/Proxies and what so not.

Next to that it could be something they actually did do, but then again you'd never know until they just simply contact the support and ask what happened.
      ๖ۣۜAveana - 65 Lancer (PvE Main)
      ๖ۣۜRaffaela - 65 Mystic
      ๖ۣۜKorssakoff - 65 Gunner
    • I don't like to give names if the people do not agree with, so I hope you understand. But it's mainly about payment for Tera Club, has nothing to do with account sharing or otherwise if I'm not mistaken. Hence me asking if you changed your terms of payment.

Because, keep in mind this was taken from Gameforge direct link of Terms and Conditions,
      The contractual partner for services offered by ‪Gameforge‬ in accordance with Sections 2 and 3 of these Conditions may also be a person other than the user and who only purchases the services for the benefit of the user (contract to the benefit of third parties). This will be the case particularly if the owner of a means of payment for the purposes of Section 2.4 (e.g. the holder of a credit card, bank account, telephone line, etc.) wishes to acquire the service on offer for the user in question.

This, from my understanding, means that I can buy Tera Club for someone else and it is allowed.
    • Shi wrote:

If you believe that you been banned as a mistake or would like to get more info about your ban, you can contact the support in regards to this issue. The Forum Team will not give out any info in regards to any bans to the game, you'll have to contact support for that.

Thanks a lot, but we all (5 people that I know of) contacted support. Most of us didn't even manage to get an answer Friday afternoon before staff left for their weekends. Then we get an answer after 3 days of unexplained, unreasonable ban saying they can't help with that and telling us to contact Gameforge billing support. Wrote to those, got an email 3 hours later that it's not "their department either". Again we were referred to another support department. By the time we were done being shooed from one place to another, again all of the staff had already left for the day. A++
      :elin19:
    • RudeAF wrote:

Shi wrote:

If you believe that you been banned as a mistake or would like to get more info about your ban, you can contact the support in regards to this issue. The Forum Team will not give out any info in regards to any bans to the game, you'll have to contact support for that.

Thanks a lot, but we all (5 people that I know of) contacted support. Most of us didn't even manage to get an answer Friday afternoon before staff left for their weekends. Then we get an answer after 3 days of unexplained, unreasonable ban saying they can't help with that and telling us to contact Gameforge billing support. Wrote to those, got an email 3 hours later that it's not "their department either". Again we were referred to another support department. By the time we were done being shooed from one place to another, again all of the staff had already left for the day. A++
      Well its unfortunate to hear that but can you explain how you or ppl you know bought TC.
      If i understood correctly someone else bought it for you and if its like that was with the link which is generated from ingame tera shop?

All this mess could be avoid if we had a tera club voucher but......................
      I dont know what to say first you have to avoid scammers and then you should be afraid for bans?
      We need a clarification from staff if there are illegal ways to buy TC from another user ( and which those ways are)
      Also this need to be in forum too not only in Support as question so many ppl will be able to see it.
      :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    • What do you expect to achieve by asking in the forums?

Getting a serious help by a forum moderator who can do shit except closing, moving threads and warn ppl? At least Shi did his JOB by telling you to send a ticket to a guy to do HIS job.
      Or maybe a better answer from a board admin? hes a board admin, i doubt he has any info regarding support shit.
      But there are some community managers who might be able to help out...well, naaah, not rly their job either.

As far as i can see u got some progress in regards of support replies. Its annoying to get sent from one department to another. But its not like its different from real life shit.

How would you feel if u were a, lets say, janitor at a bigger company and an angry costumer would come at you starting an argument about something you know shit about...how would you react, i bet you would tell him to ask someone who actually is involved in this matter.
    • @john4iri I bought TC with my own paypal. Same thing for over 2 years now. Never bought from someone else.

@Noyn I did not blame anyone, I merely felt like giving my side of this. Do I like this happening? Of course not. Do I intend to offend or insult anyone? No. My apologies if it came of that way.
      :elin19:
    • Noyn wrote:

What do you expect to achieve by asking in the forums?
      How about to raise awareness? How about to get an official statement on the matter? How about to get someone to actually offer some help?

Noyn wrote:

But there are some community managers who might be able to help out...well, naaah, not rly their job either.
      And what's their job exactly? Anything that concerns the community IS their job. And people getting banned for none of their fault is a serious issue a COMMUNITY Manager must respond to. Even the lowest level moderators post articles signed as 'The TERA Team', so forgive me for expecting a COMMUNITY Manager to actually do something about such an important problem involving payment/revenue issues and banned players/customers unable to pay for services.

Noyn wrote:

As far as i can see u got some progress in regards of support replies. Its annoying to get sent from one department to another. But its not like its different from real life shit.
      You can't be serious....
      I don't know what real life shit you're referring to but what's happening is NOT normal. And it's quite real. The affected players have contacted the company's Support Department. Do you find it normal for the latter to make people go from 1 team to another instead of handling the matter internally, passing information to whoever is responsible for handling the matter? They don't even have a clue who does what within their own department, what stays for players to know that.
    • Sunflare wrote:

And what's their job exactly? Anything that concerns the community IS their job. And people getting banned for none of their fault is a serious issue a COMMUNITY Manager must respond to. Even the lowest level moderators post articles signed as 'The TERA Team', so forgive me for expecting a COMMUNITY Manager to actually do something about such an important problem involving payment/revenue issues and banned players/customers unable to pay for services.

You're actually retarded if you think that a moderator has anything to do with support issues.

Sunflare wrote:

You can't be serious....I don't know what real life shit you're referring to but what's happening is NOT normal. And it's quite real. The affected players have contacted the company's Support Department. Do you find it normal for the latter to make people go from 1 team to another instead of handling the matter internally, passing information to whoever is responsible for handling the matter? They don't even have a clue who does what within their own department, what stays for players to know that.
      Uhhh it actually is quite normal. A company does not have one single support department my friend. You think the same guy you contact to fix an in-game bug is the same guy who fixes issues with your bank? Okayy if you say so.

Anyways, it's the same as what Noyn said earlier. It has happened to me before and you just have to stomach it till it gets resolved. If it's only the problem you stated then it should be resolved soon™. :elin32:
    • Hello,

Nothing has been changed for Terms and Conditions about membership and no ban wave has been done.

If it’s about payment for Tera Club for another user, I guess it’s because someone used one payment method for different game accounts. If you’re doing this it’s at your own risk (which means if there is an issue with the payer account, this needs to be resolved by him directly and the other accounts can’t be unblocked if the situation is not resolved).

Logically, your ticket must have been transferred to the fraud payment department.
      I hope your issue will be resolved soon.

Thanks.
    • Sunflare wrote:

How about to raise awareness? How about to get an official statement on the matter? How about to get someone to actually offer some help?
      Official statement when they don't even know what is going on? And I don't mean on Gameforge's side, I mean on the player's side. Anyone can post anything he wants. To get to the root of the issue he needs logs, analyze the situation etc, which is exactly what the support team will do.

Sunflare wrote:

And what's their job exactly?
      Moderators: Moderate the forum. As the title says. That's it. (though, whether they do that properly is another subject, one in which I agree with you that some mods certainly don't, but that's not the topic)

CMs, see below.

Sunflare wrote:

Anything that concerns the community IS their job. And people getting banned for none of their fault is a serious issue a COMMUNITY Manager must respond to.
      Respond and say what...? "Please contact support for account-related issues"?

What is it that you want them to do when they have no data about that player or account whatsoever? I mean dude, forum accounts ARE NOT EVEN LINKED to game accounts, how would he know said player even owns that account without a support ticket?!??

Stop trusting players so much.
    • Scottia wrote:

Uhhh it actually is quite normal. A company does not have one single support department my friend. You think the same guy you contact to fix an in-game bug is the same guy who fixes issues with your bank? Okayy if you say so.
      Reputable businesses don't reply with 'You've contacted the wrong team. Write to another team who might (as well as not) be able to help you.' So, no, it's not normal.

Where did I say I thought the same guy could handle all sorts of issues? I've no idea what type of customer services you've dealt with but it's actually normal if you get a response like 'Your complaint/inquiry has been forwarded to <this team> who will get back to you as soon as possible.' Try contacting the wrong department of a reputable company on purpose and see what they'll do.

Borsuc wrote:

Official statement when they don't even know what is going on? And I don't mean on Gameforge's side, I mean on the player's side.
      He asked a general question though. And he got a reply by @Nyoka - there's been no change in T&C. And as I suggested, it was indeed a payment issue with an automatically triggered security block. One of the affected players (who paid for others' Club subs) has had his account unblocked a few minutes ago by the way. Turns out I knew about this but the opening post didn't really give enough info, so I had to guess (by providing possible explanation to other people having this problem and reading this).

Borsuc wrote:

Moderators: Moderate the forum. As the title says. That's it.
      Moderators who announce happy hours in the middle of the night or publish shop updates on a forum where misconduct could lead to an in-game ban? Please. Evidently, (former) community managers even have access to gamemaster tools. And they are part of the said moderators team.

Moderators on some third-grade forum may only 'moderate', as in post useless comments about everything they do in regards to user posts (e.g. about moving a thread etc) but this doesn't mean such low standards should apply to every forum on the web. Where I was a moderator a few years ago, I was expected to actually contribute to that forum's community - post news and be active in the section I was assigned to, where active didn't mean post useless comments about actions I've taken. This part of moderating - the purely technical stuff - is just one side of things.

Borsuc wrote:

What is it that you want them to do when they have no data about that player or account whatsoever?
      How about this:

Moderator who deserves being called that way wrote:

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about what's happened. I'm not aware of a recent T&C change. Could you provide more information (don't include personal data though), so I can pass it onto a Community Manager?
      For account related issues, you have to contact the Support Department. Have you done that already?

Maybe another player has experienced the same issue.

*moves the thread to the Player Questions & Answers section, ideally without announcing it to the world, and leaves a redirect URL in the originally used section*
      ^ This is normal. But maybe that's just me living in a dream world.
    • Nyoka wrote:

it’s about payment for Tera Club for another user

Special Terms and Conditions for the Paid Acquisition of Virtual Articles and the Arrangement of Fee-based Memberships

4.1) The contractual partner for services offered by ‪Gameforge‬ in accordance with Sections 2 and 3 of these Conditions may also be a person other than the user and who only purchases the services for the benefit of the user (contract to the benefit of third parties). This will be the case particularly if the owner of a means of payment for the purposes of Section 2.4 (e.g. the holder of a credit card, bank account, telephone line, etc.) wishes to acquire the service on offer for the user in question.
    • I don't see how your "example reply" adds anything of value compared to a support ticket. Worse, he can't provide personal data, pointless effort. But do enlighten me what exactly it's supposed to accomplish. "Pass it on" why layers of indirection? How about pass it directly with a support ticket as told?

Or do you think by posting on the forum he should get elevated privileges compared to other players and his situation should be dealt with before that of anyone else who wrote tickets? It's not up to the player to define the urgency of his issue, because everyone would use the highest urgency available all the time for their own interests.

Not sure what kind of dream world you lived in, but sounds like a lot of wasted effort for no reason. On other game forums, a thread like this would get locked after a reply by a CM telling him to contact support (even En Masse btw from what I've seen).
    • Spicer wrote:

<stuff already posted above>
      It's not about getting banned for paying for someone else's services. It's about preventing fraudulent activity. Automated failsafes are in place to do just that. Imagine 10 people got hold of your bank card or PayPal details and started buying themselves TERA Club subs. You wouldn't be happy losing your money.

It's for your protection. Sorting out the mess is indeed annoying but it can't be helped. It's a computer system. Even your grossery store cashier will refuse to accept payment for goods if 5 different customers try paying with the same credit card (unless maybe if it's a contactless payments card for a small purchase in a civilised country :D ).

Borsuc wrote:

I don't see how your "example reply" adds anything of value compared to a support ticket.
      [...]
      Or do you think by posting on the forum he should get elevated privileges
      lol Why are you comparing the example reply with a support ticket? The user already knows they must contact support. Posting to just tell him that is pointless. Asking for more information and offering assistance (I did say to pass it onto a higher level, not directly to Support, as this should've already been done by the user), as well as making it possible for other users to share experiences is what makes a difference. This is what moderators are supposed to do. I don't know who told you that moderating has to be limited to editing threads. In fact, telling someone to contact Support is something anyone can say. Not everyone can pass information to a community manager for investigation though. And please just don't go on again about personal account data and stuff. It's a general inquiry thread, not substitution for using the Support system. Suggesting that OP didn't know he couldn't get private account information on the forum is just not serious.

Borsuc wrote:

On other game forums, a thread like this would get locked after a reply by a CM telling him to contact support (even En Masse btw from what I've seen).
      Why do I have to care about and settle for bad practices instead of asking for a better service?

Do you think a moderator would dare locking a thread after a CM has sanctioned it by posting in it and leaving it open? I've done this mistake once at the start - locking a thread with all but good intentions after an admin had posted in it. The admin in question didn't make a fuss about it but asked me, in private of course and without reopening the thread, not to do this again because, while it was the right thing to do, it was sending the wrong message about the admin's authority. I realised he was right, so I never let myself moderate a thread that was on an admin's watch without consulting them first.

By the way, @Nyoka didn't tel him to contact Support. lol He answered his question about a change in T&C, suggested a possible cause for the issue based on the information provided and what team should be contacted about it. So, since a CM has replied, the thread must be closed for further discussion? You better be joking.