New class name reservation/character slot

• jinh wrote:

How is it being self entitled to expect a free slot when they gave free slots everytime a new class came out?
      Are you actually being serious when you tell the guy to go an pay for the new slot? So the dude has to pay for the slot, create the character, log-in, AND THEN get A FREE CHARACTER SLOT VOUCHER? Yeah sure, that makes PERFECT sense.
      That is exactly what everyone is gonna do even after all these incessant cryings. At least they will be future-proof when the 14h class is released and BHS pulls the same event again. :D
    • New

Glacial` wrote:

I have no means to argue with you as you're one of the few person that actually uses logic in arguments but you're seeing it on your own way right now without seeing the problems of the others.

Well I can not talk in everyone's name so I'll just say my own perspective: since 2 years we had a simple system, you log in within X weeks after a new class and you get a char slot so you can make it and try it out. Since then I've used all of them and I'm full right now. In order to create a new class I have two options:
      - Save my characters and pay for a character slot, reserve the new one (then I get another slot I don't really need anymore? Maybe for another silly "event" like this...)
      - Delete one of my characters, reserve the new one and start from level 1 with my deleted character after I received the slot. And that means I wasted time and materials on a level 65 character because they decided to withhold a char slot behind this nonsense. <- My main concern.

It's like ... either you HAVE TO pay (not exactly like an extra DLC but something like that) or you sacrifice one of your characters. And then you said it on the old forums that time is money, so making this another way to "pay" for something you were actually "entitled" for 2 years.
      Well I fully understand your position and others but I'm just saying it's a wrong one to have when you look at it. Now, I know you will have to deal with difficulties here, and I don't disagree with that at all, but with people who find it "unfair scam" or "stupid" or whatever.

Just because they did something in the past doesn't mean they will continue to do so. Sure it would be nice to have it like in the past for people with no free slots, but it's not that I'm disagreeing with. You see some people talk as if they got cheated out of this, as if this "free slot" must be expected which is just wrong. Nobody forces them to do it, in fact, I've never played a game until now where you got a free char slot on a new stupid class. The fact they gave it in the past should be a sign of generosity, NOT for people to "demand" now. It's this that got on my nerves.

So I don't disagree with your reasoning, because it's valid. It's just the self-entitlement of some people that I was talking of.

Just consider it an event with rewards. Maybe they should just replace the char slot with another (equally valuable item in terms of TT), would that be any better? See what I mean? It's just a reward. People with full slots will still have to pay for it. NOTHING says they should hand out a free slot. If they do it (make no mistake, it's BHS, not GF), then people should be grateful, not DEMANDING.
    • New

Borsuc wrote:

Just consider it an event with rewards. Maybe they should just replace the char slot with another (equally valuable item in terms of TT), would that be any better? See what I mean? It's just a reward. People with full slots will still have to pay for it. NOTHING says they should hand out a free slot. If they do it (make no mistake, it's BHS, not GF), then people should be grateful, not DEMANDING.
      I agree with what you said. I bought all my 16 slots but it does not change the fact that it would be logical to give a free slot in advance to people if there is "reservation name event" avaliable. I don't think people whine for getting a free slot it is more towards the process and timing that the rewards are given.
    • New

Borsuc, not really sure what you're on about , you talk about situation/scenarios that no one even mentioned or talked about.Most people feel cheated because of how the whole give away / event works, not because they think they deserve it/are entitled to it.
      What GF did in the past is indeed irrelevant and if they decided to not give a free slot this time, you'd probably see a bunch of people complaining about it. Then you could say "stop acting like you're entitled to it" and you'd be right.

But this is not the case here, people feel cheated because of how retarded the distribution of said voucher is (again, whether you think it should be there or not is irrelevant, the voucher is there, period, nothing to discuss about, "should this" "should that", is irrelevant).
      Isn't it fair to say that GF is giving away a free slot because of the new class? meaning it is meant to be used to create the new class right? So tell me, how come GF is so generous they give you a free slot to create the new class, yet you need to already have a free slot on your account, create said new class, log ing with said character, and then get your free slot which is meant...to create the new class, what? It makes no sense and this is what people feel cheated about.

Anyway, pretty sure you'll come up with some argument like how GF never said anything about how the slot should be used and whatnot.
    • New

jinh wrote:

Isn't it fair to say that GF is giving away a free slot because of the new class?
      No, because that's not what is happening.

It would be fair to say that during a short period of time players have the opportunity to create the new introduced class without character slot penalties.

Unlike before, though - this time around you don't randomly get a new slot for free in advance for logging in. You have to have an unused slot to make a new character like at any other normal given time when you want to make a new character. Which is completely reasonable.
    • New

deathfeeble wrote:

It would be fair to say that during a short period of time players have the opportunity to create the new introduced class without characterslot penalties.
      Yeah, so pretty much the same thing as "giving you a slot because of the new class being introduced", funnily enough, I chose the word BECAUSE of the new class, you chose the word CREATE the new class, which is quite ironic, as you can't create it without an unused slot, so much for "without character slot penalties". What an opportunity indeed.

Oh well no point to discuss about this anyway,I think its retar*ded, you don't, nothing will change anyway. So be it.
    • New

What is so bad about it?
      Well I believe the "free slot" main purpose is to create the new introduced class , thus it makes literally no sense to need an unused slot in order to create the new class to then get the free slot...which purpose is to create the new class.

Of course if I were to think that the free slot is just a free gift made to do whatever with it and isnt meant to actually create the class, I might think differently, and I might think its normal.What is actually happening with the slot is irrelevant, what is relevant is why GF/BHS/whoever are giving said slot, which I believe is to create/play/try the new class.

But it seems many people think like I do, and only, well.. you and Borsuc think different, that its normal and that the slot is just pure generosity from BHS
    • New

Well, it is not normal because people who don't have a free slot and would want to join the event just can't, by normal means. Having an empty slot is, in a way, a cruel requirement for some players. What can I say.

It would be the best solution if you could, during event time, just click on making the new class regardless of how many used and/or unused slots you have, and it would automatically extend your slots by 1 automatically upon creating the event character - but on the other hand I can see at least 3 other problems that would cause (regarding players who already have 16 slots, regarding players who will want to delete this event character (what would happen to that slots), and regarding players who already had 16 slots, yet want to delete the character (what would happen to their slots). So, a bit conflicting in ANY way.

For some reason they have to have stone-age voucher solutions and tricky schemes to stop people from expoiting them, though.

Maybe just not worth making something more complex regarding this stuff just because it is a very rare and a very short event.
    • New

Well if it was the case and we did get a free slot upon creating said character, it would still use one of our 16 slots available, thus people with 16 slots are irrlevant, but ok here you go :

You have 16 slots? You can't claim it, period.

You have less than 16 slots, you can claim it and create the new class, if you were to delete the class, then you'd lose that slot until you re-create the new character, unless it was a time limited event, in which case you'd lose said slot if you delete and don't recreate it before the event is over.

Whoever has 16 slots is irrelevant, most people with 16 slots know what happened in the past 4 years, and they knew GF gave a slot for every new class, yet they decided to go for it and acquire 16 slots.

Whoever has 16 character, same thing, you decided to go with double classes, this is your own fault, you knew the limite was 16, there might have been a chance for BHS to up the limit to 20. It didn't happen, it probably will, but obviously not now. So you want the new class? delete one of your doubles.

What is conflicting? I'll tell you what isn't, just give a free slot in advance instead of resorting to bs requirement. "hey we are giving away free slot because of the valkyrie new class, to get it its simple, create your new class valkyrie amazing dps, log in the game, and get your free character slot, so now you can create a second extra character, or just keep that free slot for the next time we pull this bs again" Pretty much what Kapt said.

But then again all of this is "what if" and irrelevant to the situation.
    • New

I like how you throw around the word "knew" without actually realizing it's in the past tense. If you turn it for present or future it becomes an assumption. It's just your own fault for having assumptions and expecting them to be facts.

People who have 16 slots and thought BHS would up the limit are just as irrelevant (your words) as you are, because both rely on assumptions derived from past actions (or inaction). Deal with it. What makes you more entitled to that free slot than people with 16 slots?
    • New

@Borsuc Well, you are right about that, it's a bit of over exaggerating. But keep in mind:

Borsuc wrote:

You see some people talk as if they got cheated out of this, as if this "free slot" must be expected which is just wrong.
      We got 1 everytime without any special conditions, no exceptions. We were (/ I was) expecting another one, like we did in the past. "Getting scammed" is a bit extreme but they're not wrong about it either.
    • New

Borsuc wrote:

I like how you throw around the word "knew" without actually realizing it's in the past tense. If you turn it for present or future it becomes an assumption. It's just your own fault for having assumptions and expecting them to be facts.
      I know perfectly fine knew is in the past tense, and afaik GF giving away 4 characters slot in the past...is, the past.(now if we're talking about purely grammar error, then my bad) But yes of course it is an assumption, because no one knows the future, so who knows if they're gonna give one or not. Read it as "there was an high chance GF would yet again hand out free slot" if you prefer. (oh and the assumption turned out to be right, funny how things works).

Borsuc wrote:

People who have 16 slots and thought BHS would up the limit are just as irrelevant (your words) as you are, because both rely on assumptions derived from past actions (or inaction). Deal with it. What makes you more entitled to that free slot than people with 16 slots?

True, and irrelevant indeed, I was merely answering deathfeeble scenario/solution, couldnt care less if people thought BHS would up the limit (infact I didnt even say anything about people thinking such).
      Still pretty sure whoever acquired 16 slots knows a bit about the game and what happened in the past, and thus did so knowing they might get free useless slot when a new class comes out.
      Sure its an assumption because I can't possibly know what people think, but out of the few people I know have who 16slots, most of them did so knowing they might get a free slot later on, and they didn't care about. Thus making them irrelevant in deathfeeble's example.
      I myself have 16 slots, couldn't care less about the free slots either as I never actually used them since I bought mine with gold.

Again I don't even know what you're arguing about tbh,the slot is there, and either you think the free slot is just a random gift or you think its main purpose is to be able to create the new character (in which case, the delivery method makes no sense at all, create the character, log ing, receive your free slot to create the character you just created (which was my point from the start)).

And what makes no fkin sense either is that GF knows about this, and some people WILL delete their character just to get the slot, and then remake it, which is utterly stupid and a huge waste of time for a bunch of people. Their own fault i guess? (to not say stup*dity).
    • New

Me again!

As mentioned before, your concerns regarding the way to get the additional free character slot has been forwarded to the team and we are working on a solution so players don't get a free slot only after creating the Valkyrie.

We are planning to change the way to deliver the additional free slot before you have to create a new class. We will inform you before the patch release via a website announcement.

PS: keep in mind that the maximum possible number of character slots will not be increased. You can still have up to 16 unlocked slots.
    • New

Hope is real. At least more or less.
      Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 429/433 | Panic | Yurian | VM8
      Ultima | Lv65 Priest | ILv 417 | Panic | Yurian | VM6

Seadra | Lv65 Archer | ILv 422 | Panic | Yurian

Veku | Lv65 Archer | ILv414 | Panic | Yurian
      Quest Zerk | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Xedra Brawler
      Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Legender Archer

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget

• New

Nyoka wrote:

We are planning to change the way to deliver the additional free slot before you have to create a new class.
      I hope this includes a provision for returning players who come back (say, within a week) after the release of the new class.

Suggestion: accounts created before 20th March 2017 (when you announced this 'event') to receive a character slot if they log in within 7 days of glaiver's release date. Obviously, no appearance change and 'among others' items, as the event will not apply to them but they will still get a slot, just like you have kindly done at previous class releases so far.