New class name reservation/character slot

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• New class name reservation/character slot

I've just read about the new class name reservation. It says we will recieve a free character slot if we reserve the name and create a valkyrie with that name, once it's released.
      But I was wondering... Will I be able to reserve name if at the moment all my viable character slots are taken already? Or do I have to delete one of my current characters in order to get the new slot later?
      I hope it's not the case...

"Where is my amani-locked new class? In your elinless dreams, DUH!"
    • TeraDog wrote:

Will I be able to reserve name if at the moment all my viable character slots are taken already?
      That's a very good question, I have the same situation. o.o

Logic says they made it possible so you don't have to delete / buy another character slot to do so. Otherwise we'll have to wait and see. x)
      <3 Please share your opinion about Player-hosted events! <3
      ^^^ Click to open the threads vvv
      <3 bit.do/NewbieGuide - Guide for new people :saint:
    • Glacial` wrote:

Logic says
      Logic and Gameforge? Yes but not in the same sentence.

It's the worst class release 'event' we've had so far, I think. It's beyond disappointing and retarded in many ways.
    • Tade wrote:

according to latest news in the german section you will have to have 1 free character slot to reserve the name and afterwards you get the new char slot.
      I have to delete an existing character so I can start that one all over again with the additional character slot...? :wacko:
    • Tade wrote:

according to latest news in the german section you will have to have 1 free character slot to reserve the name and afterwards you get the new char slot. Meaning if you are currently full you will have to delete 1 character before you can reserve a name and get your new char slot.
      The question is if someone with, say, 5 character slots overall who has 5 characters will have to delete 1 character in order to create a glaiver and then get the extra slot or will the character slot get activated before that so the person can create a glaiver without deleting a character. Obviously, if you have 16 characters, you must delete one because this is the technical account cap. But what if you've reached your personal account cap of say, 5 characters?
    • Glacial` wrote:

Tade wrote:

according to latest news in the german section you will have to have 1 free character slot to reserve the name and afterwards you get the new char slot.
      I have to delete an existing character so I can start that one all over again with the additional character slot...? :wacko:
      Ye that seems a bit :dash:
    • Where's the logic in this? :/ We never reserved a name for any of the new classes, just received the additional character slot to make it. What changed? Why is it a good idea to reserve it? What's the difference between reserving at a specific date and time and creating a new character at another specific date and time? :pinch: It looks like a new feature that both NA and EU would like to capitalize on it but it's just ... stupid. :miffy:
    • It's not stupid. It's very clever actually, and pathetic at the same time. New and returning players who start playing after word of the new class release has got out will simply not get anything because they didn't 'register' a name, so they'll have to pay if they want an extra char slot. Great 'event', superb rewards!

We've never had this sort of bulshit before. Not only that but they are giving us more than two times less time compared to NA players - 2 weeks for us versus 5 weeks for them. And to top it up, we've getting the same Alien name as NA because Gameforge can't be bothered to ask their playerbase. NA at least pretended they cared, so they washed their hands with an indecisive 3-day poll. What are Gameforge doing? Carelessly copy-pasting as usual. Even adopting the same idiotic 'event'. What the actual fck...
    • Funny how people whine regardless or whether or not they actually do anything. But yes to stay on topic you will be able to reserve your name so long as you have less than 16 slots.

PS: People still salty bout some nocts they didnt get almost a year ago feelsbadman :elin32:
    • I dont know about the event but that "free slot" must be given. If not, will be the first time.
      But if one day they begin to do opposite and sell, i(or no one) wouldnt suprise. :)
      A very old anthic legend which is written on an unknown years old rock says :

"All Slayer, Mito Slayest"

:hail:
    • Sunflare wrote:

Tade wrote:

according to latest news in the german section you will have to have 1 free character slot to reserve the name and afterwards you get the new char slot. Meaning if you are currently full you will have to delete 1 character before you can reserve a name and get your new char slot.
      The question is if someone with, say, 5 character slots overall who has 5 characters will have to delete 1 character in order to create a glaiver and then get the extra slot or will the character slot get activated before that so the person can create a glaiver without deleting a character. Obviously, if you have 16 characters, you must delete one because this is the technical account cap. But what if you've reached your personal account cap of say, 5 characters?
      Honestly i can't tell if i worded it badly or if the problem is just that retarded.
      If you are at 5/5 you will have to delete a character before you get the new slot. (except i didn't understand it correctly, but since we don't have any other answer yet, i would guess it's correct)
      Yurian: Caipe - Reaper
      Stream Reaper Combo
    • Hello everyone,

I’ve gathered more information regarding this additional character slot. The script that we received is working this way: you have to enter the game with a Valkyrie to receive the rewards. Which means you need to have already a free slot to create the Valkyrie, enter the game and then you will receive the rewards (including a coupon for an additional character slot).

Not sure if there's a possibility to adapt this but I will ask. I can’t promise anything, but I will of course keep you in touch!

Product Community Manager

• Display Spoiler

@Sunflare, current players are not deserving of extra goodies?
      The way I see it - these benefits current players get to reap with this event aren't taking away anything from those who happen to join the game later or miss out on the event. It is just a reward for those who are here right now, or coming back right now.

I see a few very positive points to this events approach:
      For one - this event has the power make the new class attractive to those who haven't been preparing for it and weren't really considering trying it out. Ok, say you have 5+ characters and all slots are occupied, you weren't going to make it because of that. HOW likely is it that all your 5+ characters have irreplaceable value on them and you can't sacrifice ONE, reserve the same name even etc.

Secondly - If word of this event goes out (there probably was a mailing list, for me it goes to junk most of the times, so I haven't seen any yet - maybe some gaming sites spread news. We can spread news in streams, even though TERA isn't very pop there). Some hibernating players will probably come back.

And I bet there is a bunch of recent new players who are sitting with 2 character slots, haven't really geared up anything, and will be thrilled about this opportunity.
      AKA - Third point - the players who joined with steam recently - what they can do from today - delete one of the two characters they have recently created (the one that they hold dear less, presume) - RESERVE the same name for it if they wish, play the remaining beloved character and wait for patch release. Wait for patching for a few hours. Log in, create the class, start playing, get a friggin 14 free character slots.

I think this gift is pretty yuge, lucky them who get it.

As for the character slot expansion - it is a bit puzzling, sure. The way they did it previously was simple. If they did that rn, we wouldn't have to delete anything. I get that. For recent news, though - do you think one character on the account of not having to delete anything to get it is worth more than a relatively small sacrifice (be honest, how much can you hoard with 2 months?) and 14 character slots? I think I didn't even make two characters within that time when I started.

I sincerely doubt there are any players who are rich enough to spend time and gear on 5+ characters, making it expensive to remove one for the sake of getting 11- character slots, and already haven't bought the expansion of extra slots on their own. Just doesn't make sense, boy. And don't come with the hypothetical scenarios again - as long as these players aren't actually here and saying how this event specifically hurts them.

Also, as for your voting problem in NA - what makes you so sure that the ~50% that didn't vote for Valkyrie on that round wouldn't have voted for it if their other option wasn't available... It is super unlikely that ALL THESE players chose whatever else only to not have Valkyrie, lol. #notMYnewclassname

I hereby invite you to the beach again.

Sure you guys suggest it would be fair if all players get 1 or 16 slots regardless of participating in the baptism event and such, but only by logging in within a specific time frame and getting it via parcel?

Maybe think of it as a payed beta test - they are giving away some goodies so you test the character or whatever new content, the publishers might be monitoring something regarding that update and this way they are more likely to find remaining bugs and whatnot. So, in a way yes - it is a manipulation, but it's not malicious, as you are also getting compensated for it.

Also, sure, we can all go evil-capitalist theory on it too, but this is so basic that it's a waste of time to even type it out.

The post was edited 2 times, last by deathfeeble: I misunderstood EVERYTHING. ().