EVENT: THE BIG QUIZ

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• Yes, 100 per channel (1000 per event) would be suitable. Also fix the bug with "number of players" overlaying the question, shorten the recruit phase to 5 minutes, add some questions (it was 9/10 repeating ones tonight) and boom - you have quite nice event :)
    • Guess why!

hint: electricity bill
      Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 447 | Panic | Yurian
      Ultima | Lv65 Priest | ILv 439 | Panic | Yurian

Seadra | Lv65 Archer | ILv 423 | Panic | Yurian
      Veku | Lv65 Archer | ILv427 | Panic | Yurian
      Quest Zerk | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
      Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Disease Archer

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget
    • Guys, please don't call other player names on the board.

Caolite wrote:

Can I clear Harrowhold with the event's damage modification feature? I always wanted to be a PVE hero!!
      No, you have this bug only in open world and solo dungeons. If you enter a 5 man dungeon the attack modifier is back to normal.
    • Hello everyone,

I will forward this to the team. In general issues are:

• Sometimes the questions aren't appearing (or 0.5sec before "number of players" is overlaying the question)
      • Recruit phase too long
      • Numbers of channels
      • Repeating questions
      • When the event quizz starts, everybody freeze for 20 secs ~
      • Attack/Defense Buff issue
      • Translation errors (or FR questions in Yurian ---> my evil plan to make you learn French! yay!).

Thank you for your feedback!

Product Community Manager

• Woa thanks for your fast response time to resolve these problems, this is why i love gameforge and it's staff so much. Always in time to give the players some explanation or solution!

Shiro wrote:

Threads merged.
      PS: I especially liked this one on saturday where it nearly fixed all the problems but i guess you had to step in after 3 days because there were some other issues, thanks for your concern!
    • Cheezus wrote:

Woa thanks for your fast response time to resolve these problems, this is why i love gameforge and it's staff so much. Always in time to give the players some explanation or solution!

PS: I especially liked this one on saturday where it nearly fixed all the problems but i guess you had to step in after 3 days because there were some other issues, thanks for your concern!
      I've already noticed those issues this weekend and sent an email but nothing I / the team could have fixed during those days (developped by BH directly). The only thing I can do unfortunately is to confirm that everything has been sent. :/

Hotasduck wrote:

Please don't fix the attack/endurance buff, and let's call it "fast ghillieglade event" instead. I'm not sarcastic, by the way.
      :D I can forward the idea :D (not sure will be possible though).

Product Community Manager

• Maybe instead of telling us "threads merged" you could have told us if this bug will get people banned, what's the course of action for players to take, or even "we are working on it" to give us something instead of giving us an actual answer when the event is over?

I remember gameforge giving out massive bans early 2013 or 2014 what if you did something like that again do you remember how many people quit after that clown fiesta? I heard some people got banned on mystel for "abusing it" since they got "mass reported" while there has been bams taken in Killian in seconds, people pking all over velika outskirts with millions of attack modifiers. Maybe you should have again given us something instead of a basic "merged threads".

Can you actually blame the people who got banned for it? I mean let's be real nearly EVERYONE used it for ghili's so what makes the difference between banning an "abuser" someone who only used it in ghili's and someone who uses to pk VO for example obviously you can't instantly fix this but you should've made clear what people can and can't do with this "bug" by using your game masters(if you have any left lul) and forums.
    • Hey all,

just to add two more details to Nyoka's posts;

• 10 channels with 50 people each are the maximum supported by this event. In future events we could schedule more question rounds to make up for this, but one single set of 10 questions can never accommodate more than 500 players.
      • Question are attributed manually per server, meaning that for each server, day and event, I had to manually select 10 questions, accumulating up to 4 x 4 x 3 x 10 = 480 questions that had to be scheduled ( Servers x Events x Days x Questions Each). This manual process cannot be QAed (other than testing the event functionality beforehand but human errors are still possible), and I unfortunately made one mistake on Yurian with the FR question - I'm truly sorry about this.
      As mentioned by Nyoka, the issues have been reported, and once a fix is available (Questions not showing e.g.) we'll schedule a new set of these events building-up on your shared feedback.

Thank you all for your comments!

Best regards,
      Atmorph