Tera 2, is this for real!?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• Tera 2, is this for real!?

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I was hearing for a while that there will be a new Tera that focus mostly on PvP, and will be more optimized than our current Tera. I couldn't find any updated relevant resources on the internet :gamer: ! Also, we already more than 3 patches late from KTera, so it didn't sound logical at all :lol: !

Yesterday, a friend of mine told me that Tera 2 is confirmed! So anyone know anything about this Tera 2 thingy? :?: :pinch: :wacko: ?( :stick:
    • This is pretty much all there is out there about their current projects (for PC):

forums.enmasse.com/tera/discus…project-exa-project-w-bhs

(At least I don't remember seeing anything new about these recently.)

Lyrica wrote:

Actually never heard of it until now. :D Seems to be some kind of mobile project according to some articles?

If you want elins on mobile check Devilian Mobile. :D
    • It's more likely that the only thing confirmed would be that he trolled you. However, as much as I doubt this, do not be mistaken; we both share the same dream, a Tera 2 that fixes all Tera's problems and builds on what we currently have and maybe even improve the good parts.
      Also, if by whatever chance this is true, it's probably not even (or maybe in) development, which means it will take years until we see it... And projects can be scrapped mid-way too #pray.

Power's not an act,
      It's understanding truth
    • It is true that bluehole is working on another mmo, and they even get to an agreement with Kakao Games to publish it in EU and NA this last month. However even if it will have Elins for sure, they announced too that it has nothing to do with tera. I read somewhere also that even the combat system will be different (and better according to BH) than Tera's.

Here the link of the agreement.

google.es/amp/mmoculture.com/2…-from-tera-developer/amp/
      Zol ~ Lorak ~ Klein ~ Platania ~ Miss.Freckles ~ Zoltania
    • If this is what I think it is, the game is called "Devilian", it's nothing like Tera, it's overhead camera like Dota and LoL. As far as I know it has many assets from tera, I saw some gameplay and many animations were same as in tera. "Optimized", well it looks, not shit, but it's not impressive looking either. The overall first impression feeling of the game (just the visuals) is very similiar to dota 2.

Ok nvm (blame sylveon and "this is old news" :P)
      googled project exa and apparently there's a new game really but doesn't seem like there's much to go on yet
    • Elins making Tera unique in a positive way...

how I feel when I see elins wherever I go :

Leadership is something you earn, something you're chosen for. You can't come in yelling, 'I'm your leader!' If it happens, it's because the other guys respect you.

Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?

Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.

Ah, beware of snobbery; it is the unwelcome recognition of one's own past failings.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaikanken ().

• Oh..okay...

So they see that they've sank Tera irreparably , and instead of investing money in trying to fix the game and make people come back , they're focusing on giving content for P2W for the final squeeze to the community's wallets . And now we know what they're using that money for..prepare for the next game .
      Leadership is something you earn, something you're chosen for. You can't come in yelling, 'I'm your leader!' If it happens, it's because the other guys respect you.

Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.

Ah, beware of snobbery; it is the unwelcome recognition of one's own past failings.
    • Kaikanken wrote:

So they see that they've sank Tera irreparably , and instead of investing money in trying to fix the game and make people come back , they're focusing on giving content for P2W for the final squeeze to the community's wallets . And now we know what they're using that money for..prepare for the next game .

Dood, TERA is like 5 year old MMO game (it's even older, if you count actual production time). Most Asian MMOs don't reach 5th anniversaries, not to mention reach life span of WoW or Lineage (or w/e other MMOs there are that have 10+ years of activity, not private servers with 20 maniacs). Seems that from BHS business point of view, there is no reason to invest additional money into TERA, it is better to just keep the costs as low as possible (aka don't invest into developing) to get as much profit as possible from one project to use that financial source for other projects.

Just face it, TERA will be closed sooner rather than later when BHS will shift their priorities into other project. It might be 2 or 5 more years, I don't know, but don't expect sudden content updates policy change from BHS, you will just see half a year VM-X updates with same bosses, same instances and probably few more OP classes to get more money.
    • Like i thought, a fail game. First person combat, really...?

We need a clean PvP game (no MMO) that uses exactly the same action combat like TERA, it could even be a MOBA game or a Arena Brawler, or a mix of both.
      The characters could be races from the TERA universe, for example the 8 playable races (Baraka etc.) or even orcs, tuwangis, argons, those non-playable TERA races don't need to look exactly like in TERA.

There is so much potential but game developers doesn't seem to have the vision, sadly.
    • Which makes it even worse...

Looks like developers all over the world are focusing on releasing games which demand the players to get platforms which are more and more performing, and connections ; hence making the game not playable / not playable comfortably for many people .
      But hey, I do understand their line of thought on this:
      "Let's make it so that only people who can afford a 2k dollars or above worth platform plus best connection on the market can play our game optimally...after all those are the people who'll have enough money to waste some of it on the game's Item Shop...those who can't even afford such things will most likely be unable to spend money on the Item Shop" .

So much for making games "F2P"...f2p is the biggest scam ever created.

• There will never be TERA 2, there are some new projects and spin off:

- Project EXA is likely the real deal. Not much information known yet. But this is likely the new TERA people think.
      - The project with Kakao Games (Note: They do not give it to Enmasse)
      - Devilian PC (TERA turns diablo)
      - (Mobile) HIT - Heroic of Incredible Heores (NAT games. created by a TERA developer)
      - (Mobile) Devilian
      - (Mobile) TERA (will be published by Nexon)

About a new Tera that focus mostly on PvP, and will be more optimized than our current Tera. This is totally possible. We can check these 2 games.

First is HIT, HIT has borrowed many elements from TERA. It's not a real bomb, it's has p2w craps and a horrible grind. But it has its fans. The unreal engine 4 is optimized and work very well for mobile phones and tablet. The game is beautiful and optimized (in 720p). You are obligated to PVP. The game features 1 vs 1, 3 vs 3, 5 players raid and multi-players backgrounds. This game only have DPS so the matcher always give you games within a few seconds.

(Recently, there are some issues, players are ping-poing around in PVP. And they nerfed their Elin sorcerer clone too much that many Korean players are raging in fury. Let's pretend that this never happened. )

Second is Devilian mobile. It looks like a shameless copy of HIT's system, guess it doesn't matter since BHS has the original TERA and won't be sued (say, who is the one copying?). Devilian is more modern, and show technically TERA can be much better if it was remade again with Unreal engine 4.

From this 2 games, we know everything is possible when you make a new game. Actually, there is a good chance that TERA mobile can run more efficient than TERA PC.
    • @Om3Ga
      F2P (together with buy-to-play) are by far the best models as long as they don't contain p2w items.

Yeah... that could be true, if only F2P wasn't just another way of saying P2W (and the reason for it is pretty clear and simple..if the developers and publishers make it so that players don't have to pay in order to install or play every month , they still need to have some income out of it, and that income comes in form of P2W...afaik all f2p games are p2w).
      Usually f2p games are good at the beginning (in order to lure players) , but then turn more and more p2w over time (some have the sense of keeping a fixed level of shop-dependant features...some just keep increasing them in order to make those who won't pay leave and make the paying players stay).

Plus , tera is both p2w and p2p (since most guys don't see it, but the fact that in order to avoid having limited content on each day ,which makes you progress slower, MANY MANY MANY players are driven towards Tera Club, means that MANY MANY MANY people pay 12 euro/ month in order to play + other p2w for spellbinds , mwa or such).

The post was edited 3 times, last by Kaikanken ().