Tera 2, is this for real!?

• nagios wrote:

Kaikanken wrote:

So they see that they've sank Tera irreparably , and instead of investing money in trying to fix the game and make people come back , they're focusing on giving content for P2W for the final squeeze to the community's wallets . And now we know what they're using that money for..prepare for the next game .
      Dood, TERA is like 5 year old MMO game (it's even older, if you count actual production time). Most Asian MMOs don't reach 5th anniversaries, not to mention reach life span of WoW or Lineage (or w/e other MMOs there are that have 10+ years of activity, not private servers with 20 maniacs). Seems that from BHS business point of view, there is no reason to invest additional money into TERA, it is better to just keep the costs as low as possible (aka don't invest into developing) to get as much profit as possible from one project to use that financial source for other projects.

Just face it, TERA will be closed sooner rather than later when BHS will shift their priorities into other project. It might be 2 or 5 more years, I don't know, but don't expect sudden content updates policy change from BHS, you will just see half a year VM-X updates with same bosses, same instances and probably few more OP classes to get more money.
      this is so not true at all TERA is one of the biggest and most successful mmos out there and it also is one of the most profitable and money making ones if you look at some stats that got released bhs makes a shitton of money with this game they have no reason to abandon it at all
    • So you're saying that people are paying a LOT for the game as it is NOW?

Can't believe that there are so many naive people...giving money just for the sake of stuffing BhS' and GF/EmE' wallets , while getting little if anything in exchange.

Over two years ago, as I started playing ,I used to buy TC and a couple costumes ...and even back then ,I still noticed that the game was getting worse over timen, if compared with how it was before lvl 65..which is why I stopped giving money.
      Can't believe that people KEEP paying over and over for something which just keeps getting worse, with just a few positive exceptions(that still require some work tho).
      Leadership is something you earn, something you're chosen for. You can't come in yelling, 'I'm your leader!' If it happens, it's because the other guys respect you.

Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?

Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.

Ah, beware of snobbery; it is the unwelcome recognition of one's own past failings.
    • No clue what this Kaikanken guy is talking about.

4 years ago i bought a Veteran Key for 15€ and that was the only thing i have bought with real money yet i have everything ingame you could possibly can get.
      Costumes, mounts, weapon skins on all 12 characters, bank tabs full of valuable items & 7 million+ gold.
      And all these things i got was for having fun for 4 years aka PvP and Broker-games (and most of the money is not even from broker gainings).
      I never farmed PvE and i never even had TC (just 1 or 2 month from the Veteran Key).

So please if you have no clue what you are talking about, just dont talk or leave the game if it is so shitty as you say.
    • Om3Ga wrote:

So please if you have no clue what you are talking about, just dont talk or leave the game if it is so shitty as you say.
      This speaks volumes about your attitude in general though.
      Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 447 | Panic | Yurian
      Ultima | Lv65 Priest | ILv 439 | Panic | Yurian

Seadra | Lv65 Archer | ILv 423 | Panic | Yurian
      Veku | Lv65 Archer | ILv427 | Panic | Yurian
      Quest Zerk | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
      Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Disease Archer

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget
    • I would prefer a pve/pvp game with the triangle system -> Tank, Heal, DD
      I don't like all the new mmos where the support is a damagedealer..Some ppl like to be just the support :D
      But yeah when the "new Tera" comes out it will be 2030 already so nothing to worry about :thumbsup:
      No matter how carefully you choose your words, they'll always end up being twisted by others.
    • Om3ga attitude is better thn folks that play this game for many years but still hate it and hate gameforge.

In every topic this stupid people need to come and say tera is shit but they still play the game for so many years. And what has this topic to do with tera is bad? And if it is shit why you still play?
      go away like om3ga said or stop off-topic all the time with your 'tera is shit' arguments in every single forum topic.

you kids are annoying and if i would be moderator so many would be banned by now.
    • @Terrark
      Om3ga attitude is better thn folks that play this game for many years but still hate it and hate gameforge.

In every topic this stupid people need to come and say tera is shit but they still play the game for so many years. And what has this topic to do with tera is bad? And if it is shit why you still play?
      go away like om3ga said or stop off-topic all the time with your 'tera is shit' arguments in every single forum topic.

Actually I've said many times that Tera is one of the best games I've ever played ; I love its outer world, the combat system and so on. That doesn't mean that one should shut up when noticing that developers or publishers are doing a poor job and because of that are ruining the game+bringing many players away from it.
      But hey, if you have the guts to come here and say that everything is fine, both on the community side and the developers/publishers side..good for you.

All I've been doing is saying that the game is very good, has amazing potential , but it's being ruined by poor management(and that's what I've been talking about in THIS thread..as most people know,I've been also talking about problems caused by the community itself ); and I don't think this is something I'm inventing , even tho Om3Ga has "no clue about what I'm talking about". I think it's legitimate for the community to try and highlight problems in the game if there are some.

@Terrark
      "you kids are annoying and if i would be moderator so many would be banned by now"

Yeah..I know your kind of person..I've been playing in private servers managed by people like you , who banned everyone who dared to say a word about the quality of their work(I got banned because I made it clear to the staff that the management decision they'd been taking would've derailed the game...They told me to shut up , and that I didn't know what I was talking about...and guess what ? The game was dead in less than 6 months..the only players left were the few whales who just kept playing amongst themselves..), and focused solely on giving paying players what they wanted; (btw, it's interesting how Om3Ga has 12 characters with full costumes gears and mounts + 7 millions gold without spending one cent or farming those things in game..'cause you know..even spending 10 hours everyday on the broker is still considered farming... So I don't know how he gets all those things without spending 1 euro or spending less than 2 hours online...maybe he's talking about stuff which took him 4 years to gather; in which case I'd find it reasonably possible ) not a nice kind of person , if you ask me.
      Leadership is something you earn, something you're chosen for. You can't come in yelling, 'I'm your leader!' If it happens, it's because the other guys respect you.

Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.

Ah, beware of snobbery; it is the unwelcome recognition of one's own past failings.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaikanken ().

• This topic has nothing to do with how bad gameforge is. Read the title of this topic and if you want to talk about how bad gameforge is open your own topic and dont spam with your freinds every single topic with off-topic like 'bad, shitty game, bad gameforge'.

I have over 3milion gold and other good stuff without teraclub myself so i dont know why you think it is so hard or why gameforge is shit.

This is a mmo did you know that? and it is eu version not american version where you get everything free.
    • @OP
      I was hearing for a while that there will be a new Tera that focus mostly on PvP, and will be more optimized than our current Tera.

As you can see, the topic of this thread involves people looking around/having heard of new versions of the game/this kind of game...which implies that they're either tired, or most likely UNHAPPY with how the game is atm(and who would tire/look away from a game in which everything is just fine and perfect, as the current Tera is , according to you and Om3Ga?)..
      Plus I never said that every problem the game has comes from Gameforge.

@Terrark
      'bad, shitty game, bad gameforge

And my point is not to insult them...I simply think that since Tera is a game I enjoyed playing for quite some time now, it's logical to try and bring to the developers' and publishers' attention the fact that they're wasting the potential of their product with some of their decisions...I(and I think I'm not the only one who follows this line of thought) have all the interests in Tera remaining/going back to a good version...

• It does not work like you think because the thing that you are talking about is something totaly unrealistic.

Tera is not gameforge's game, they dont listen and dont care what you say and only money is important, when there is more -€ than +€ they will close the game.

Potential for gameforge is already max level and that is why gameforge can not be better.... why do you folks dont get this already???
      They dont play this game, they copy from american/korea, they mainly want money.

And it does not matter how people think of gameforge they made Tera Europe running over 4 years and that is good enough if you ask me.
    • Kaikanken wrote:

Yeah... that could be true, if only F2P wasn't just another way of saying P2W (and the reason for it is pretty clear and simple..if the developers and publishers make it so that players don't have to pay in order to install or play every month , they still need to have some income out of it, and that income comes in form of P2W...afaik all f2p games are p2w).
      Usually f2p games are good at the beginning (in order to lure players) , but then turn more and more p2w over time (some have the sense of keeping a fixed level of shop-dependant features...some just keep increasing them in order to make those who won't pay leave and make the paying players stay).
      What is League of Legends?
    • By the way, according to the old news, the TERA mobile had another name - T2. Very similar to TERA 2.

Don't know about how PVE will be. But if they copy HIT's simple and effective PVP system, then it's the game that you mentioned. Though I think the game wasn't released for some reasons - Although the mobile gaming market is already larger than PC's. Not many people have a good tablet/phone that can run this kind of games smoothly.