Unfair tank DPS or may be all dps partymembers all noobs?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unfair tank DPS or may be all dps partymembers all noobs?

Hello everyone!
      Firstly i must to say sorry for my "bad english", learning in progress.

So, Please tell me somebody what's going on?

I start to play as a dps class, and i chose berserker, because a long long time ago this is was best dps class... and what i see now when read forums/guides? no, 1st ninja, 2nd brawler, 3rsd somebody else but not zerk

okey, nonetheless i take zerk for test... and with same equipment brawler make 1,5-2 times better dps, i always trying to do all for improve dps, optimal skill rotations, max crit rate etc. ... and nothing helped,
      when i matching on LK or SS and when i get in party warrior or ninja(for example) they make a lot better dps, but not much better than brawler... WHAT? and i start to hate brawlers... :elin13:
      reading guides for improve my playing skill all was pointless, imposible, its just imposible, may be with low lvl gear zerk cant dps better? because he very depend on high crit rate.

Well nevermind, it was just a test... second class which i chose was ninja (top dps huh).

Here below my stats, guila weapon, all effects in weapon i rolled like in guides, skill rotations like in "max dps" guides. Exception is i dont have rare glyths for fire avalanche(x3 crit rate) and additional damage for burning heart.

and what we can see again in game?

same dps from brawler with equal gear... or better.
      usually i make near ~400-500k/sec in SS(for example), sometimes less, near 350 and i dont know why. Always do same actions.
      Sometimes i get in party others ninjas or warriors with a little better gear and they make a little better dps then brawl. Just one question HOW???!!!! BRAWL IS A TANK, AND HOW THIS SH*T CAN MAKE MUCH BETTER DMG FROM THE FRONT!!!!! :elin19:

next... look at this nonsense:

its power, this stats with priests energy star, and... how do you think how much dps "it" make? near 750k/sec in SS, from the front of bosses.

Maximum what i can make in this party was dps near 375k/sec.

What i am doing wrong? or something wrong with our world, or i stupid noob, or my arms grow from my ass? what? please tell me, i'm suffer. :elin15:

ps: also, if my English language is too bad please kick my ass and say how to speak more correct, i will be very greatful for this too.
    • Well first of all, do you use any consumables? Battle solution - a must have item, for 32 gold from merchant or everful nostrum if you have tera club (they should be identical, only difference being tc users don't have to pay 32g). Another common item mostly everyone uses all the time is either bravery or canephora potion.

Brawler isn't that overpowered anymore. It used to be when it was brand new. It's not top dps class anymore.

And those numbers, 375k/s, 750k/s, 400k/ss etc. all are very low for any class if you play them properly. For example in SSNM first boss I did 500k/s with slaughter lancer with horrible rolls, double crit rate on +11 weapon, and I hadn't played lancer much in a long time. Now I also have a guile lancer and doing over 1 million per second in BP and RMHM is common.

So most likely you just need to play more and get better.

Moongourd.com/eu - you can see other players dps and compare. You can see their max hit and average hit and crit rate to get an idea of their gear used. You also see all the consumables and party members.
    • Hello Flon,

there a lot of things to improve.

One of your Main skills is Focus, it can be stacked up to 10 to get more power / dmg and you'll lose all stacks in one, if you get dmg (nvm 1 or 99% dmg).
      The next one: are you attacking from BEHIND, not side and really from behind ?
      What I see next: you have full Set of Jewelry, so you need to switch to 1 manor ear-/ring and necklace (new set) and your stuff isn't masterworked yet.
      Next Point: You're stats on your equipment are correct from guide... what's about your Jewelry, belt, brooch ?
      About brooch: do you use the brooch (you can activate with a cooldown - with some different effects), while the boss is enrage?
      Do you use your most DPS Skll while enrage (Fire Avalance / Burning Heart)?
      Also switch your Crux for a Niveot and at least, the better one who aren't destroyed when you die a little bit stronger..
      Your underwear is crit btw? In total you need as much crit as you can.

I hope I helped you a bit out right here... But just a hint: With my Ninja I'm always ahead of a Brawler with same equip and normaly I'm about 1,2 mil
    • That's just a general answer, I hope someone more expert will be more specific.
      Essentially, every new class or revamped one is stronger and has an higher dps than every other class that was released before; obviously there are exception whereas a very expert player with very good gear could equal or outclass a new/revamped class with an older one.
      Technically, at the moment best dps classes are warrior/archer ---> sorcerer/ninja ---> brawler; slayer and zerk have fallen back...
    • First off afaik it is essential to get the triple crit glyph on avalanche and also your damage glyph for your burning heart, these are your most important skills by far.

And I would give my left testicle if the world would be as you described it with brawler being anywhere near top dps. As a brawler main, I am constantly crying because the class used to be overpowered and now she is underpowered as hell. Can't wait for a buff for it but hey, I will keep it up and stay with my brawler, not rolling on lancer as a meta slave.

If you want to get easy damage, try archer and mage. After them with a low skill high reward comes the ninja, high skill high reward is found in the class of the warrior. He got the highest potential, but it needs some skill.

And for the dps you mentioned, neither you nor the brawler did anything what you could call decent damage. This is no problem as you seem to be a new player for end content, but you have a lot to improve.
      My suggestion: Try to find a guild on your level and keep growing with it. Or try to find some better players giving you advices and so on.

Greetz
      #pray4roppes
      ; DROP DATABASE tera;

Bleibt zu hoffen dass es klappt :beer:

Iaito, make Tera great again pls :stick:
    • Warr > Archer > Sorc > Ninja > Zerk > Brawler > Reaper / Gunner / Slayer > Lancier

So, ninja isnt top tier, brawler isnt totally low tier ( it is top tier on some boss, like the second one in LKHM.)

And a ninja with guile +12 can go up to 2M/sec ( nearly ) with bravery noct.

essentialmana.com/ninja-pve-guide-yurai/

Maybe it could help you, there's another guide for brawler, & nearly all classes
      Murderous Intent : Guild Master
      Death.Machîne : MoonDancer // Hirania : Warrior // Death.Touch : Ninja // Fûnk.Machine : Brawler // Nihiltya : Gunner // Adbrakadabraraka : Myst // Somanydeath : Priest
    • Bargg wrote:

Well first of all, do you use any consumables? Battle solution - a must have item, for 32 gold from merchant or everful nostrum if you have tera club (they should be identical, only difference being tc users don't have to pay 32g). Another common item mostly everyone uses all the time is either bravery or canephora potion.

Brawler isn't that overpowered anymore. It used to be when it was brand new. It's not top dps class anymore.

And those numbers, 375k/s, 750k/s, 400k/ss etc. all are very low for any class if you play them properly. For example in SSNM first boss I did 500k/s with slaughter lancer with horrible rolls, double crit rate on +11 weapon, and I hadn't played lancer much in a long time. Now I also have a guile lancer and doing over 1 million per second in BP and RMHM is common.

So most likely you just need to play more and get better.

Moongourd.com/eu - you can see other players dps and compare. You can see their max hit and average hit and crit rate to get an idea of their gear used. You also see all the consumables and party members.
      about potions - yes ofc
      "For example in SSNM first boss I did 500k/s with slaughter lancer with horrible rolls, double crit rate on +11 weapon, and I hadn't played lancer much in a long time. Now I also have a guile lancer and doing over 1 million per second in BP and RMHM is common." i am shoked
      "So most likely you just need to play more and get better." perhaps it was necessary to record the fragment of my gameplay, i dont know how to better, may be... juxt for example:

i use same skill rotations, not so fast ofc, but not so slow that it has turned in 5-8 times less damage

i start thinking that high class equipment(VM) in tier have hidden bonuses, for often crit, for better damage, like avatar weapon have 90% crit rate on mobs which have less lvl

The Black Pearl wrote:

Hello Flon,

there a lot of things to improve.

One of your Main skills is Focus, it can be stacked up to 10 to get more power / dmg and you'll lose all stacks in one, if you get dmg (nvm 1 or 99% dmg).
      The next one: are you attacking from BEHIND, not side and really from behind ?
      What I see next: you have full Set of Jewelry, so you need to switch to 1 manor ear-/ring and necklace (new set) and your stuff isn't masterworked yet.
      Next Point: You're stats on your equipment are correct from guide... what's about your Jewelry, belt, brooch ?
      About brooch: do you use the brooch (you can activate with a cooldown - with some different effects), while the boss is enrage?
      Do you use your most DPS Skll while enrage (Fire Avalance / Burning Heart)?
      Also switch your Crux for a Niveot and at least, the better one who aren't destroyed when you die a little bit stronger..
      Your underwear is crit btw? In total you need as much crit as you can.

I hope I helped you a bit out right here... But just a hint: With my Ninja I'm always ahead of a Brawler with same equip and normaly I'm about 1,2 mil

-yes about focus i know, not always, but i save this stock often
      -ofc i attack from behind, i know about all bonuses from this position, never fight from front or rear, only behind.
      -about equipment, Jewelry etc: maximum crit rate , second priority power(except weapon, here i have crit rate+enrage+dmg behind+dmg), and on this stage of game (just start by this class) i dont have more better equipment, ofc in future i get all new sets.
      -I use broch only when i can dps as much as posible without spending time on dodge or when boss moving.
      -About crux, do you mean one crystal for crit from behind? i just recently lost my niveot in noob party wipe pary :) yes i will change this.
      -My underwear +12 crit, i dont have money now for by +20 or 16.

may be need to record shot video... to show what i do
    • Guardian-Angel wrote:

First off afaik it is essential to get the triple crit glyph on avalanche and also your damage glyph for your burning heart, these are your most important skills by far.

And I would give my left testicle if the world would be as you described it with brawler being anywhere near top dps. As a brawler main, I am constantly crying because the class used to be overpowered and now she is underpowered as hell. Can't wait for a buff for it but hey, I will keep it up and stay with my brawler, not rolling on lancer as a meta slave.

If you want to get easy damage, try archer and mage. After them with a low skill high reward comes the ninja, high skill high reward is found in the class of the warrior. He got the highest potential, but it needs some skill.

And for the dps you mentioned, neither you nor the brawler did anything what you could call decent damage. This is no problem as you seem to be a new player for end content, but you have a lot to improve.
      My suggestion: Try to find a guild on your level and keep growing with it. Or try to find some better players giving you advices and so on.

Greetz
      #pray4roppes
      well, i understand.
      and about glyphs: they very powerful, and i still cant roll it from boxes, well, sometimes i get it

Hari wrote:

Warr > Archer > Sorc > Ninja > Zerk > Brawler > Reaper / Gunner / Slayer > Lancier

So, ninja isnt top tier, brawler isnt totally low tier ( it is top tier on some boss, like the second one in LKHM.)

And a ninja with guile +12 can go up to 2M/sec ( nearly ) with bravery noct.

essentialmana.com/ninja-pve-guide-yurai/

Maybe it could help you, there's another guide for brawler, & nearly all classes
      I see.
      also i already used this guide before start to exping my ninja.

well thank you all, let's see what i can do
    • For not losing crystal: Complete Crystal Bind - 12 hours ingame time prevents crystals from breaking

There are no hidden boni on vm gear, they have 1 stat more and give higher boni in terms of damage (ofc, thats why it is BiS).

For the niveot setup, just read a guide. Additionally, you can buy crystals from your vanguard points (at the right top just underneath the nice pictures there is a number x/9000).

Another question: Do you use etchings? These are essential as well.
      ; DROP DATABASE tera;

• For the glyphs, do IoD Bams (Daily Bam Quests). From the tokens you get there you can either buy more glyph boxes or the glyphs themselves at a higher price, but then its guaranteed you get it. Additionally, you may get them from the glyph token shop (vanguard merchant, ninja glyph token for 300 vanguard points, check if one of your glyphs is obtainable there).

So:

-IoD token shop (either boxes or the glyphes themselves)
      -Glyph token shop (not sure if the glyphes will be in there but you can check for 300 vanguard points and it may contain some other glyphs you may need)

Hope I could help in terms of escaping the RNG and get them planned.
      ; DROP DATABASE tera;

• Warr / Archer
      Sorc / Ninja
      Zerk
      Brawler
      Reaper / Gunner / Slayer
      Lancier

I would say like this. But Reaper, Gunner, Slayer and Zerk should be getting quite noticable boost next week ;)
    • Guardian-Angel wrote:

Lancer > Brawler

While Brawler might deal a bit more dmg, Lancer boosts his team mates pretty noticeable so Lancer will always be above Brawler unless Brawler gets another 10-12% dmg boost.
      As far as I know we are talking about DPS output, not party benefit here.
    • Guardian-Angel wrote:

For not losing crystal: Complete Crystal Bind - 12 hours ingame time prevents crystals from breaking

There are no hidden boni on vm gear, they have 1 stat more and give higher boni in terms of damage (ofc, thats why it is BiS).

For the niveot setup, just read a guide. Additionally, you can buy crystals from your vanguard points (at the right top just underneath the nice pictures there is a number x/9000).

Another question: Do you use etchings? These are essential as well.
      yes, i have etchings, but only simple (+6 crit for 3 days), because this is not efficient to use good etchings on low gear

Guardian-Angel wrote:

For the glyphs, do IoD Bams (Daily Bam Quests). From the tokens you get there you can either buy more glyph boxes or the glyphs themselves at a higher price, but then its guaranteed you get it. Additionally, you may get them from the glyph token shop (vanguard merchant, ninja glyph token for 300 vanguard points, check if one of your glyphs is obtainable there).

So:

-IoD token shop (either boxes or the glyphes themselves)
      -Glyph token shop (not sure if the glyphes will be in there but you can check for 300 vanguard points and it may contain some other glyphs you may need)

Hope I could help in terms of escaping the RNG and get them planned.
      i did not know about glyph shop, now i see what need to farm for rare glyphs, thank you very much :elin1:
    • Glad I could help, and another advice, if you got Guile gear (the HM stuff) you should concentrate on farming for the next content, I don't think it is profitable to build a VM8 now, especially if you are low on resources (you can estimate a rough 10k MWA and 15k Feedstock for getting 1 piece at +15). For me it is normally 15k-20k MWA per piece but for others only 2k-3k, so you can calculate it with the average.

So focus on training your skill, get tier 2 etchings (12-15k each) and then rush in VM9 content with a nice saving of MWA, Feedstock and other useful stuff like spellbind etc.

Thats my suggestion, but you can also go for a VM weapon if you want to. Good luck anyways! I am sadly not on Killian otherwise you could've hit me up ingame.

Just find some nice guys with a bit of experience and they will be glad to help you I guess.
      ; DROP DATABASE tera;

• Guardian-Angel wrote:

Glad I could help, and another advice, if you got Guile gear (the HM stuff) you should concentrate on farming for the next content, I don't think it is profitable to build a VM8 now, especially if you are low on resources (you can estimate a rough 10k MWA and 15k Feedstock for getting 1 piece at +15). For me it is normally 15k-20k MWA per piece but for others only 2k-3k, so you can calculate it with the average.

So focus on training your skill, get tier 2 etchings (12-15k each) and then rush in VM9 content with a nice saving of MWA, Feedstock and other useful stuff like spellbind etc.

Thats my suggestion, but you can also go for a VM weapon if you want to. Good luck anyways! I am sadly not on Killian otherwise you could've hit me up ingame.

Just find some nice guys with a bit of experience and they will be glad to help you I guess.
      okey, and if we talk about gear, what do you think about armor from battelground craft (i forget how to names that), chest+gloves+belt, they have very high basic def stats(much better then guile gear, but only on chest+gloves+belt), also this 9 tier, for this tier very easy to farm/buy feedstocks for enchant and masterwork scrolls.
      I mean to make combo set, weapon and boots to take from guila set.
    • Hey Flon,

that isn't a good idea. Your Guile Set is fine and you will get the boni for it quite easy (because you only need to master + roll), while you need much effort for the PvP set which isn't worth (RMHM is Last Boss one shot)... But on the other Hand, if you go for PvP Jewelry you got a nice Krit increase, which is really good ! But only 1 ring & 1 Earring, the other are manor set, you can drop or get via tokens (40 for each, while necklace 24)...
      As Guardian said, try to prepare for next patch who will come soon... The Main point will be your Focus and the stacks about it... if you aren't good while dodging, you're losing a lot of dmg, so just keep playing and try to improve your gamestyle, that's all you need so far
    • I really hope you're not comparing your dps to a person who crafted a VM weapon and enchanted it to +15. The damage difference is really noticeable. :x

And brawler is an offensive tank. They hold aggro by doing damage. While lancers have all kinds of glyphs and skills to hold that aggro firmly while also supporting their party. :)

Your DPS can be affected by several things
      • Your gear (obviously)
      • Rolls in your gear
      • The crystals in your weapon
      • What glyphs are you using
      • Consumables
      • Etching (basicly extra stats on gear, either temporary or permanent)
      • Healer's or lancer's debuff upkeep percentage on boss
      • Buffs (Aura / Energy Star) upkeep
      • Animation cancelling on certain classes (doing something that prevents the animation to complete, which would eventually delay your further actions. And that means you could use more skill in a certain time frame)
      These are the most important ones, that everyone can get easily. :rolleyes:
      After all that, you might only need to practice. Learn how and when to do things so you can use 1 or 2 more skills before actually having to dodge.

If you actually read the guides and you know the rotations, then it's either the other party members' fault (see buffs and upkeep) or we're missing something here. :/
      <3 Guide for new people - Click / tap to get redirected <3

https://bit.ly/TeraGuide