Why why??

• Ninja

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• deathfeeble wrote:

Basilisks with diapers? D:

No.

NAKED *gasp*
      ... :crazy:
      Ultima | Lv65 Priest | ILv 455 | Yurian
      Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 453 | Yurian
      Quest | Lv65 Zerk | ILv 447 | Yurian

Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
      Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Xelia Priest

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget
    • On a serious note, the old Kumasylum was much better IMO...

they just had to boost all of Kumas' stats : hp,attack,attack&movement speed and defense in order to prevent new classes like gunner , brawler and ninja to pretty much kill them within 30 seconds.

This would've also prevented the battleground from dying and getting removed just because people would leave once they were made into kumas by the system , because winning as kumas against the new classes was pretty much impossible.

Before gunner's release, I loved to play Kumasylum , especially as a kuma , but then things just turned bad and entering as a kuma pretty much meant losing 90% of the time.
      Leadership is something you earn, something you're chosen for. You can't come in yelling, 'I'm your leader!' If it happens, it's because the other guys respect you.

Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?

Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.

Ah, beware of snobbery; it is the unwelcome recognition of one's own past failings.
    • If we ignore the original Kumasylum's design (well Kumas in general), it was still a crappy mode because it was imbalanced in teams. I mean the concept is nice but doesn't really work out.

Some other games have such kind of "mechanics", like Evolve, which actually now that I think of it doesn't make it such a bad idea. Considering TERA's BAMs... Man, you only realize just how cheap TERA is made by looking at games like that in comparison. But imagine if TERA had a game mode like Evolve where one team used BAMs and had such slick animations like the monsters in there. Would be actually cool :crazy:

(or you could transform into BAMs and then fought with others, maybe random BAM or people will always pick the one meta)

Fk, just thinking about it makes me realize how much wasted potential. Of all things, they had to make babies in diapers. Even re-using other BAMs directly would be so much better. Sigh.
    • @Borsuc
      wasted potential

Those are the keywords..they perfectly describe BhS and Tera's current situation.
      Leadership is something you earn, something you're chosen for. You can't come in yelling, 'I'm your leader!' If it happens, it's because the other guys respect you.

Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.

Ah, beware of snobbery; it is the unwelcome recognition of one's own past failings.
    • Zaras wrote:

@Borsuc
      wasted potential
      Those are the keywords..they perfectly describe BhS and Tera's current situation.

I don't think anyone doubted that since VM2.

• Well , those who keep gearing up full +15 , spending hundreds of euros in order to dress up their locked classes, and farm boring and childish battlegrounds seem to be fine with the way the game is now...which means they kinda doubt the game is wasting its potential.

I wasn't around here by the time vm2 came out , but still , I used to spend some money on TC back when I began playing..be it because I was hyped about this new game and I was enjoying it a lot , or because I still didn't know that it was already decading .

As of now surely I won't spend 1 cent for TC as farming more of the usual recycled battlegrounds just makes things more boring , I won't spend 1 cent in costumes since there are little to no serious costumes that fit in a combat enviromnent , and I won't spend 1 cent gearing up a full +15 char ,as for the previous reasons it would just be a waste of time and money...

Guess BhS thought they were doing good business by forcing their Korean-sided kind of gameplay made of hordes of little girls to dress and recycled contents even on the western communities...sadly they are SO wrong , and losing the western communities will mean a loss of money even for them , not just for the publishers.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Kaikanken ().

• ^ Yes?

You seem one of those people who accept anything and everything and don't want to even say one complain word about it.

Yes if people complained, instead of shoving GF/BHS pockets with €€ when new garbage costume/mount or new key/letter/shell/etc event is getting applied - by BHS I mean koreans, BHS doesn't care of EU input at all - then they WOULD need to change their approach as their income would be not satisfying. That or they would close TERA. Both options are good in my opinion (seeing how BHS wasted TERA potential, it should be added to TERA wikipedia how BHS destroyed a very unique game with their crap ideas, a Baby Kuma in Diaper screen would be enough to sum it up there).

Revert back to "super MWA change" - if players would choose your approach to accept everything GF did and didn't complain with their wallets, you would be now playing an utterly dead game where those who have +15 are super whales, +12 are normal whales and +9 is everyone else. (I remember, we were getting like 4 mwa per BRHM run and that was like the 2nd hardest instance at that present time, hf farming 1k mwa to +12 whole set that way).

Kumasylum and Kuma Royal idea is great, fighting as a bam (or Federation) vs other bams but the final effect... Just no comment. :crazy:
    • I am complaining about you guys whining here about really small things, though, no? Don't tell me that I accept anything and agree with anything that I hea. And as a matter of fact - I do have my very own wishful ideas on where I think I would like to see TERA heading - and sometimes I even share those ideas. I don't care really if they get heard, if they ever align with the developer vision - there's no point in trying to force it either way - because there is another point to it - I respect the fact that other people have their vision - and in this case BHS owns the vision for the game, GF owns their part of the vision which regards marketing it to me and you.

They appear to be nothing like your own vision, you disagree with what they do - and it is also respectable that you have this vision and it is kind of you to share it, but you also really need to consider that they OWN their vision and it's up to them what they do with it.

This all here reminds me of the reddit threads about Mr. Robot when season 2 was nearing it's end. I usually didn't get involved, but the series were so well made that I just had to know more and went to dig for some clues. All these fanfic writers came out and shared their - rather cheesy, overused cliché theories and wishes on how the season should end or where the plot should be going - now, that all was somewhat entertaining to read, even though most of their ideas were pretty overused and silly.
      But what ruined it all - after every new episode they would come back to the forums and express their dissatisfaction in rage on - idk even what - that they couldn't deduct what was really going to happen? Or because they think that their fanfic was better than the people who are actually writing the story and deciding it? I saw the same thing happening in Game of Thrones forums, I saw the same stuff happening in Lucifer forums etc etc. And in a way I see the same stuff happening here.

What do you expect a movie or a product does? Fills all your dreams and expectations? The whole idea of enjoying a movie, a game, some music - is not to figure out whether or not it's going to hit your expectations - but sit on the passenger side and enjoy the ride. It's point is to give you something that you do not expect, something that you can't expect - new experiences.

It is important because wishful thinking and daydreaming is the opposite to that - somehow we cling to wanting to experience something that we remix up with our minds of the things that we already experienced. We take the best elements of our 7 favorite movies and smash them into one and think to ourselves that wow, this would be the perfect movie - why didn't anyone already make that?

If you really think there is a lack of a niche in the world which TERA could have filled - go ahead, start learning game production or whatever it takes, write your own script and system, start developing, get into gaming business and push it trough - there is no other way to make those things happen.

You either take the role of the audience - or you take the role of the artist. You can't be both.

If you never found the music that truly satisfied you - write some yourself. If you never saw a movie that you felt truly connected with - maybe it's time to write down a script or a book on your own? Maybe this will somehow satisfy your needs? Idk.

One guy put two of the most amazing things in the world together and got this:

I don't complain so much about the niches and tastes BECAUSE I have learned over time that having hopes and expectations in this sense is futile.

When I stop enjoying TERA or begin to hate it truly - I stop playing it. It's as simple as that. No complaints, no explanations needed - when the developers or publishers see a big chunk of their players leave just like that - THEY KNOW what's going on. I go do something else - it's not my business to try and wish that it would change more to my taste. It's not my place to tell them how to do their job, it's not my place to take a guess on how they should change their vision to bring in more players or get back the ones that left.

They are deductive enough to figure out that they no longer meet the standards to a percentage of players, they are doing the business - it's their job to try and figure out if they can come up with something else that will blow people's minds.

Trust me - making a wish and seeing it come true NEVER blows your mind. The only things that has the capability to do that are things that you never even had the capacity to think about - something that someone else comes up with - and while experiencing it, makes all your wishes actually even petty and irrelevant.

Eg I start watching some sci-fi series and have some expectation to it because it's poster reminded me of another series that I really enjoyed (it did not meet my expectations - it blew my mind with something new), and the moment I see their dialogue is really cheesy I just decide that alright, this was not really what I was looking forwards to, this actually sucks pretty bad but to hell, let's see, I'll keep watching if I have time. Maybe I feel like writing a piece of my opinion about it even - so I go and say that alright, the dialogue was kinda cheesy and the plot was poor - but in NO universe makes it sense to try and tell the writers or their fans how they should have made it instead.

Having your own vision of things is one thing, accepting that other people, other developers have THEIR OWN visions FOR REASONS is another - idk, maybe understanding that will make life a bit easier for you to bear? The clinging to expectations is massively narrowing down your own life experiences - remembering that while moving forwards in your life might actually get you into some nice experiences.

And while we're at it - I think it is completely fine to tell them that in your opinion we should have naked basilisks instead of baby koomas and you'd probably enjoy that sight better - it is completely stupit to get bu77hurt over it when the game is never even considering going that direction and does the exact opposite to what you asked for. Nobody cares for babytantrums - they are just annoying... And most people are clever enough to call you out on this child-minded manipulation tactic.

"Boohoo, if I don't get another 2k free mwa and naked basilisks, I stop sub and so will other 2k players and servers will be empty and NA will get rich." :babyrage:

So it's fine - give your feedback, tell your own vision - but it's not really okay to start hating someone for having a different vision, it's not okay to start trashtalking them just because you disagree with this vision.

Or do it - but remember that it is higly unlikely to get you any desired results. The longer you count on it, the harder you will suffer the unexpected consequenses...
    • Well no, you'd have a point if it was advertised in this setting from the beginning. But it wasn't. Even the trailers back then painted a fairly standard fantasy setting, not My Little Pony Adventures. It is literally like lying to the audience, a spit in the face.

Do you know entertainment media gets assigned a genre? You can't change it halfway and expect people to not rage, unless you're a piece of shit like BHS. For example, you go and see fantasy, thriller, etc genre movie you expect it to be a somewhat darkish fantasy (maybe small comedic moments but still "reasonable", not over the top childish garbage), I don't see why this would be any different.

Changing it halfway is fvcked up to say the least.

And sorry but I disagree with just keeping quiet about it. That passive approach only gives them what they want, instead of at least bad publicity (bad in the eyes of people who agree with the ranter, of course). A new player has the right to know how trash it went not hide it and make him suffer.
    • Ok, let me put your logic into another allegory.

You move to USA while Barack Obama was president.
      Boom, one day there is this Trump guy on top, you have no clue what he is rambling about and you are scared of him.
      What do you do?
      Blame the voters for the inevitable change that took place? Blame them that you did not get the America with Obama that was advertised?

It is completely irrelevant what something was and was advertised several years ago. It is illogical to even make your statement on something as irregular as that.

Change is happening everywhere. It is going to destroy your own brain if you try to resist change, it is going to blow you all up if you cling to petty values buried in the past. Call it sentiment or whatever you wish - but these are statements that maybe are appropriate for housewives and puppies. Yes, we GET IT - you have a vision - you have your personal expectations. SO what? You want a medal for it? You know what? Everyone HAS a vision and an expectation - the difference here is that a lot of people don't bother with petty differences and see the benefit of accepting instead of resisting every little change that is alien to your palate.

Apparently you did not read my message trough - here's a tldr for you then baby girl, I encourage you to be kind and share your opinion about things. I discourage you to rage and point fingers when it comes down to your vision not having been the winner on the matter.
    • Is there a tl;dr version? I think I've lost what you wanted to write in this wall of 1 mln references, comparisons, examples, topics and arguments like 10 times already, so sorry, I wanted to reply to the whole but I just don't have enough patience for this.

I am complaining about you guys whining here about really small things, though, no?

I wouldn't call complains on utter garbage 'creations' of both vanity items and features (game modes) as something small. But ok, BHS create utterly horrible BG that has the best credit:time per round:queue time ratio from all BGs, it's something small. Guess Koreans have similar mentality like you, that's why all shit that BHS makes from 65 lvl update is "small thing" for those dress up lovers.

Don't tell me that I accept anything and agree with anything that I hea.

Are you sure?

- there's no point in trying to force it either way
      - but sit on the passenger side and enjoy the ride.
      - You either take the role of the audience - or you take the role of the artist.
      - (probably other also)

Typical "deal with it" approach.

and it is also respectable that you have this vision and it is kind of you to share it

I don't have any vision of TERA. I only enjoy the combat system but it's getting raped with almost every patch. Hard classes are getting facerolled, new classes are facerolled from the start, that even a blind person would do great on them. Even the mechanics are getting boring, almost every boss has a strict set of mechanics from which 1 is like unique. I just complain on stuff I see, knowing exactly that nothing will ever change because GF nor BHS cares of my opinion. I'm just wasting time to write some mumbo jumbo posts on boards while I have breaks in my work.

OWN their vision

Last time I've checked, it's the players who pay them so that they can create that vision. So well, their vision should be in lines of players, not their own. Sadly Koreans support this shit, I wonder if BHS would revert their doings if all 'western' versions would close and they would lose that free income.

What do you expect a movie or a product does?

A movie is something that is DONE. Nothing can be changed in it after the premiere. You won't get a "Movie Patch 42" 1 year after the premiere: now your main protagonist is a blonde girl cause boobz sell and "that's our vision how the movie should have been". There can be a sequel, but the original movie stays how it was. You can't compare it with a game that gets content updates and where the "voice" of community should matter (because that community pays the bills and salary!). Same can be said about single player games (well at least until the devs/publishers started to cut the game into DLC packs because people didn't complain enough on this). It's (mostly) an "done" thing. TERA is not something that can be "done", this game has no "end moment". No "you cleared the game, gg, see the credits". So you can't compare those 2 things.

(this is all I managed to reply to until my patience said "stop" [or my boss called me :ninja: ] and I lost the sense)

but it's not really okay to start hating someone for having a different vision, it's not okay to start trashtalking them just because you disagree with this vision.

I don't hate people. Hate is a strong word, I mostly despise them. Also I don't think I've trashtalked someone just for what he likes as long as that person doesn't force their vision on others (like "farming CW 16x/day is ok, go and get your stuff there") or says that others are spoiled kids who want stuff for free.

The longer you count on it, the harder you will suffer the unexpected consequenses...

I won't suffer anything from BHS/GF ignorance of complains, they will suffer more if I (and other F2P players) will leave the game, cause whales won't play with other whales only as their cash won't have any value and they would need to get everything on their own, so the whales will leave and then "no moni" :thumbup:

edit: I'm ofc referring to post #31

The post was edited 1 time, last by nagios ().

• You can't really say anything at all without ad hominem?

If you don't want to have a discussion, then please, do not take a part in it.
      Come back when you have more patience maybe. And when you figure out how to address arguments, not participants.

Even my patience has limits, apparently.
    • Zaras wrote:

As of now surely I won't spend 1 cent for TC as farming more of the usual recycled battlegrounds just makes things more boring , I won't spend 1 cent in costumes since there are little to no serious costumes that fit in a combat enviromnent , and I won't spend 1 cent gearing up a full +15 char ,as for the previous reasons it would just be a waste of time and money...

Deal with it, you're some guy that would be called minority in BHS' eyes. TERA focuses on elins and mostly female sexy looking chars (ie. no muscles, that's why no Femani). It isn't even worth it to take a look at wishes as yours as it's too much to implement and it's kind of predicted it won't increase the profit in any way.

• deathfeeble wrote:

You move to USA while Barack Obama was president.
      Boom, one day there is this Trump guy on top, you have no clue what he is rambling about and you are scared of him.
      What do you do?
      Blame the voters for the inevitable change that took place? Blame them that you did not get the America with Obama that was advertised?
      Even though I dislike the analogy because, well, this is a work of fiction and that is a country (which can't even be "owned"), I understand how it can fit somewhat.

So let me get this straight. In that example I assume I'm against Trump because obviously I dislike his changes. You're saying I shouldn't say anything about it and keep quiet?!? (i.e. "deal with it") Seriously? Free speech exists for exactly this reason. People who shut up in this case are the ignorant masses of sheep. (speaking of politics)
    • You did not answer the question, once again my friend. Can you at least one time?

edit: I seriously imagine you suing your government when a new political leader gets elected. It would fit you and your "only I am abled to say whats right"-attitude.
      something clever or depressing
    • Ah man, Borsuc, you didn't even read my tldr directed to you. Okay, here we go again:

Apparently you did not read my message trough - here's a tldr for you then baby girl,

I encourage you to be kind and share your opinion about things. I discourage you to rage and point fingers when it comes down to your vision not having been the winner on the matter.
    • I'll be honest, I've no idea what exactly you mean or what question Falmer refers to. What finger pointing did I even do?

Didn't even say anything about a vision or winner, I said my opinion: people who are displeased with the new political changes and do nothing about it have absolutely no room to be displeased at it. They do nothing about it, they deserve that situation then. So obviously even in your analogy/allegory I disagree with "dealing with it" totally.

Still have no idea what finger pointing or whatever you mean, though. If this thread was about a political change, I'd still rant (even more seriously depending on the gravity of the matter)