Why why??

• Ninja

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey!

I havent played Tera for a while and then i heard that a new class "Ninja" is possible to play. But then i saw it...you have to be that stupid Elin race. Running around as a little girl and being a Ninja is almost more wrong then just the existence of that race.

So why in the h*ll did you make that class locked to Elin? Atleast you could make it possible to choose what race på play.

No offence to you guys that like Elin, but i have a hard time in almost all asian mmo that always must have this sort of characters. Little girls, in short skirt running around and killing monsters.

Im sorry for my english, its not my native language.

Take care and thank you for the time
    • Tfw ppl still complain in 2k17 even tho they've been complaining about stuff ever since the game came out, but their complaints were never listened to. Not to mention the fact that Bluehole won't ever care about EU opinions, since the game is, well, korean - it caters to their market and their players. "Small adjustments" are made by publishers sometimes, but don't expect much of Gameforge.
      Smh.

Power's not an act,
      It's understanding truth
    • TERA is a game that is half it's time not taking itself too seriously - having Elins in it is a central part to it - learning to embrace this sort of absurdity might just be a part of learning how to live and be happy and let others be happy too. It's nice to have games like wow and other sorts that are really integrated with their own lore - dungerous characters, dungerous mounts - TERA just isn't that kind of a game. Even though, if you are open and creative enough, you'll figure out how to roleplay in Arborea as an elin, flying around in a flying llama (an animal that is otherwise not existent at all in this universe), or a robot mount referring to star wars... Wearing a police costume. So, in this sense - you can either think that it sucks that they are race/garden locked - or you can take it upon yourself and broaden your openness towards the lemons that life gives us, you know?

Maybe it's just time to say bye bye to ADD and Tolkien, you know?
    • deathfeeble wrote:

TERA is a game that is half it's time not taking itself too seriously - having Elins in it is a central part to it - learning to embrace this sort of absurdity might just be a part of learning how to live and be happy and let others be happy too. It's nice to have games like wow and other sorts that are really integrated with their own lore - dungerous characters, dungerous mounts - TERA just isn't that kind of a game. Even though, if you are open and creative enough, you'll figure out how to roleplay in Arborea as an elin, flying around in a flying llama (an animal that is otherwise not existent at all in this universe), or a robot mount referring to star wars... Wearing a police costume. So, in this sense - you can either think that it sucks that they are race/garden locked - or you can take it upon yourself and broaden your openness towards the lemons that life gives us, you know?

Maybe it's just time to say bye bye to ADD and Tolkien, you know?

Uhh no...
      This game wasnt like today with flying llamas or cars. Tera had a super Lore with the argons and everything else was fitting the game till they gave us car mounts and cats with sushi on the back. They changed over the time and made it ''not serious''.
    • The west isn't mature enough to learn to not take themselves so seriously XD
      Niche market. Differnt in asia - the game is going in their direction becuase they are good sellers over there.

Elins and Popo were always cute and weird, though. I miss the argon setting too. I really hope they revamp it.
    • deathfeeble wrote:

The west isn't mature enough to learn to not take themselves so seriously XD
      Niche market. Differnt in asia - the game is going in their direction becuase they are good sellers over there.
      If I don't want to take a game seriously, I go play a game fitting comedic setting. Which I don't. Totally pointless to argue with girls though.

"Nice market" says it all. And then people wonder why TERA is so dead? I mean ffs I seen worse chinese tab-target crap with way worse graphics and way worse optimization have more population than this (yes and in the west, obviously). They also have some not-so-serious costumes, but not kindergarten costumes/mounts like TERA has. TERA isn't a typical asian MMO in regards to this childish bullshit. It's way worse than most asian MMOs.
    • BhS' business plan for 2017:

Make Tera's character creation and fashion content as close as possible to this-

dressupgames.com/disney-heroine-creator
      Leadership is something you earn, something you're chosen for. You can't come in yelling, 'I'm your leader!' If it happens, it's because the other guys respect you.

Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?

Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.

Ah, beware of snobbery; it is the unwelcome recognition of one's own past failings.
    • Borsuc wrote:

deathfeeble wrote:

The west isn't mature enough to learn to not take themselves so seriously XD
      If I don't want to take a game seriously, I go play a game fitting comedic setting. Which I don't. Totally pointless to argue with girls though.

"Nice market" says it all. And then people wonder why TERA is so dead? I mean ffs I seen worse chinese tab-target crap with way worse graphics and way worse optimization have more population than this (yes and in the west, obviously). They also have some not-so-serious costumes, but not kindergarten costumes/mounts like TERA has. TERA isn't a typical asian MMO in regards to this childish bullshit. It's way worse than most asian MMOs.

Well, I can see how tera is a niche thing. They are in their own juice and there are people who seem to be enjoying it. Don't push the rope.

But tf did you just call me out on being a girl? You really ran out of actual arguments?
    • deathfeeble wrote:

Well, I can see how tera is a niche thing. They are in their own juice and there are people who seem to be enjoying it. Don't push the rope.
      I'm not sure what your point is then? The OP is clearly an "old" player (he said he hasn't played it in awhile) so he's aware how the game was. A product serves a specific niche from the start, it doesn't change into that stupid niche.

Nobody complains about Hello Kitty filling "a specific niche" because everyone knows how it is from the start. What you said about TERA is false, it was NOT filling this pre-school "niche" when we started playing it. So we have every right to complain.

deathfeeble wrote:

But tf did you just call me out on being a girl? You really ran out of actual arguments?
      Yeah, and it's totally fitting the topic and you know it. Check out statistics how many boys/guys like "little girls flying on pink ponies and Llammas and flying pigs and drive cars that look like kindergarten toys" and I mean like as in like them, not use them for "trolling" (which serves the point even more). And I don't mean statistics of TERA's current population, maybe the one when it launched, but in general (in the west). It's simple statistics aka gathering of data.
    • Most elins I know are guys. Most of them have outfits, too. Girls seem to be more into castanic and helf females. Badass looking in game armor and dragons. Consequently, also - elin fans also seem to be anime fans. And anime is more popular these days in the west than it was back when I was a teen and checked it out and sought for communities with common interests, you know? So...

Come again?

Please, do point me to actual statistics that you did not just pull out of your other end?

EDIT: also, to point out - where I see the niche is not the pre-school stuff - but the niche of not taking yourself too seriously. I could also point out that your wish for, say, what "TERA was" - neon-cyber-goth dungeons like the Argon content was - or dungerous dragons or powerful robot-like outfitted amani is not very mature either - it's like guys and gals in their late teens thinking that this is the sheet - and yes, people in their late teens have the tendency to take themselves VERY seriously (I can remember myself - and I can remember the people whom I hung out with). In that light - why not look at the pre-school elements as stupit as the gothic elements and just break bread in peace, enjoy each others company and play some some.

The post was edited 1 time, last by deathfeeble ().

• deathfeeble wrote:

Most elins I know are guys. Most of them have outfits, too.
      Ofc

As I said: And I don't mean statistics of TERA's current population (copy pasted!)

Most elins are guys and in fact most characters are elins these days because they're mostly the only ones left. And they're the only one left because... you know... others got sick of this trend/changes? They got pushed out. Look at the OP. He was vocal on forum do you know how many simply don't say a thing like they're told to "why whine if you quit?" by smartasses?

deathfeeble wrote:

EDIT: also, to point out - where I see the niche is not the pre-school stuff - but the niche of not taking yourself too seriously. I could also point out that your wish for, say, what "TERA was" - neon-cyber-goth dungeons like the Argon content was - or dungerous dragons or powerful robot-like outfitted amani is not very mature either - it's like guys and gals in their late teens thinking that this is the sheet - and yes, people in their late teens have the tendency to take themselves VERY seriously (I can remember myself - and I can remember the people whom I hung out with). In that light - why not look at the pre-school elements as stupit as the gothic elements and just break bread in peace, enjoy each others company and play some some.
      I'm not sure I understand your point here. Who said anything about maturity? I don't take myself "seriously" in the sense that I think I belong in this world or I treat my character as "myself" or whatnot. I treat it like an interactive movie. I mostly dislike comedies and other "fluff" in them, I don't really care if others play My Little Pony or w/e games. I'm not and never asked to change those games, yet they infest MY chosen games, and that's what I have a problem with.

I certainly did not want to play TERA for comedic crap, so ye, it got pushed down my throat, so I'm complaining. I suppose the OP feels the same way.

Seems to me you're the one who can't handle the fact that people have preferences. Some of us wanted to play a serious game and found it (back then) in TERA when we started playing. We didn't go into Hello Kitty Online to demand "serious" stuff, but it seems the other side cannot handle the fact there's people who DO want to play a serious game.

Looks to me they're the one who want EVERYTHING to be a comedy and can't handle otherwise, so guess not very mature to accept different preferences. It's not about someone taking his entire life seriously or not. It's about accepting that there are different preferences and people pick up a specific genre to their liking.

And they have to respect that, but no, let's turn every game for people who wanted a serious setting into pre-school shit just because "OMG I WANT THAT ITS SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! OMGOGMOMG!!!" tip: play a game with your pre-school setting then (speakin now when these additions took place, of course by now, they will come to TERA because that's what the game is nowadays... I'm speaking of "old TERA").

(note I'm not talking about you here btw, I'm using extreme, I know you're not one to use those words lol)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borsuc ().

• Borsuc wrote:

but not kindergarten costumes/mounts like TERA has.

Tbh I wouldn't mind all those cars, llamas, cats, pigs. IF they were actually decent looking and/or seriously created. Those (with ofc Kumasylum and Kuma Royale on top of it) look like BHS made them SPECIALLY to look utter garbage. I won't say lack of graphic skill as they are able to create decently looking stuff at the same time - since I listed mounts - like latest dragons, crusade mounts, even the winged mounts (which are just old model + wings) don't look tragic... They just did those stuff on purpose to target weebos and all other freaks that run and cry for "more cuteh stuff for my elinz, omg, gib me desu desu costumez, or rito Q_Q_Q-Q_Q".

Like look at Purple Bird mount (w/e the actually name is/was, Struthio or something like this). It looks "cute", is made "for fun" and "not serious", but it looks that someone actually KNEW how to design and create it properly (I know it was based on the Struthio animal model from Balder Zone, but instead of creating a plain retarded new mount someone made a decision that "this looks good, let's make a *fun* mount from it"). Now look on the Duck mount. That's the same base model. And Duck looks like some 10 yo anime-fan who just ended playing in M$ Paint designed/colored/modeled/accepted it.

And Borsuc is 100% right - the game wasn't "joke" or "fun" or "weebos come here cause you can dress up your little grills here!" the moment it got launched. BHS shifted when they saw how much €€ weebo targeted Elin Maid Outfit gave them and then the decision was easy for them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by nagios ().

• @Borsuc

No, I wasn't talking about people who create an in-game character and treat it as their own alter ego (isn't that wat female players do when designing their castanic sexyness, though? I though I was!). I was talking about the attachment to "serious" content.

You don't see how this "serious" content is actually really silly? All this darkness and Tolkien?

How can a grown person, really, like... Keep a straight face, roll their ADD dice set and say that their fireball just hit max crit damage? Isn't that as weird to look at as grown hairy guys who see a dapper llama and say oooohmygawd it's so adorable! And they are not shy about it, you know. In the same manners as larp fans are very outspoken about their hobby too - even those who are like 30-40 year olds.

Sure, there are preferrences - but there's also market. If bluehole wants to make money out of this game and notices that Tolkien and goth niche is now being replaced by embracing your inner child - they take this info and make it into money. I'm sorry that the capital world disagrees with your preferrences. But maybe at some point in your life it is time to grow OUT from preferrences and embrace the inner child as much as your inner goth (and inner anything else that a human can unpervertedly prefer) and just try to enjoy the BH llemons (or find another game if they are too bitter and unacceptable as a whole).

I'm afraid there won't be another serious dark MMO with tera mechanics ever again. The niche is just too small.

WOW (and some other older games, suppose) players would disagree, I suppose - but who knows, they also had to resort to kung fu pandas to keep things alive - so I'm not really sure what is going on in the world of preferrences, genred and such when it comes to MMO games.

Solo games you'll probably get more and more of them - but they are a whole different universe when it comes to marketing etc I think.

I've been looking for a steam-punk themed MMO for a while - found a few - and they were really underwhelming, even though they had all this steam, bronze and cogwheels all around. In the end these elements just get less attention than the gameplay itself anyway.

Besides - it's vanity items we are talking about. Elins in-game are serious af. You can make one with an angry face and all. It's something. I kid. Wow, pun.

The post was edited 1 time, last by deathfeeble ().

• nagios wrote:

Tbh I wouldn't mind all those cars, llamas, cats, pigs. IF they were actually decent looking and/or seriously created. Those (with ofc Kumasylum and Kuma Royale on top of it) look like BHS made them SPECIALLY to look utter garbage. I won't say lack of graphic skill as they are able to create decently looking stuff at the same time - since I listed mounts - like latest dragons, crusade mounts, even the winged mounts (which are just old model + wings) don't look tragic... They just did those stuff on purpose to target weebos and all other freaks that run and cry for "more cuteh stuff for my elinz, omg, gib me desu desu costumez, or rito Q_Q_Q-Q_Q".

Like look at Purple Bird mount (w/e the actually name is/was, Struthio or something like this). It looks "cute", is made "for fun" and "not serious", but it looks that someone actually KNEW how to design and create it properly (I know it was based on the Struthio animal model from Balder Zone, but instead of creating a plain retarded new mount someone made a decision that "this looks good, let's make a *fun* mount from it"). Now look on the Duck mount. That's the same base model. And Duck looks like some 10 yo anime-fan who just ended playing in M$ Paint designed/colored/modeled/accepted it.
      I agree btw, maybe a bit less about cars unless they were tailored to somehow fit TERA a bit more (like an argon car, for example). Pig mounts, for example, aren't a problem because they're pigs necessarily, but because they look like a cheap cartoon. (same with e.g. cloud heads).

deathfeeble wrote:

You don't see how this "serious" content is actually really silly? All this darkness and Tolkien?
      No, if you don't like it (refer to my mention of "girls" in general, which is fine since I know they prefer comedies/romantic etc, it's known statistic), then consider playing something else?

Nobody tells you to go watch a horror movie (for example!) and then start demanding it has cute fluff in it, and the developers cater to you on a sequel, and you expect people to not rage?. That's what happened to TERA. (it's not horror but you get the point, extreme view)

I mean sure, right now, TERA would be the game for you. Not disagreeing there. I'm again speaking of old TERA. It got shifted here because of this so yeah that's what I speak of. This thread is a rant anyways, so might as well rant.

deathfeeble wrote:

Sure, there are preferrences - but there's also market. If bluehole wants to make money out of this game and notices that Tolkien and goth niche is now being replaced by embracing your inner child - they take this info and make it into money. I'm sorry that the capital world disagrees with your preferrences. But maybe at some point in your life it is time to grow OUT from preferrences and embrace the inner child as much as your inner goth (and inner anything else that a human can unpervertedly prefer) and just try to enjoy the BH llemons (or find another game if they are too bitter and unacceptable as a whole).
      It's not the capital world. You said yourself it's a niche market. BHS chose to cater to a niche market, but in reality they just don't give a shit of western regions. I'm not looking for a reason here, I know why they did it and how they don't care at all about us (non-KR I mean).

This thread is a rant, so I'm just ranting. Yeah some elins are serious, I've no problem with them, and by serious I don't mean "dark" only. I mean "fitting".

The easiest way to explain my point of view is with the following:

How would a movie with a specific vanity/mount/etc be classified as in genre? If it's "comedy" or "for kids" or similar to that, you understand where the line is drawn. It's not rocket science, just common sense.

An elin can look serious and the movie would still be classified as "fantasy", even if the elin herself isn't in a dark gloomy world or is dark (like reapers which are dark for instance). No, an elin could be a fantasy princess healer, and I'd have no problem with it, because it wouldn't be a comedy (just yet).

In this thread's case, an elin ninja isn't necessarily a bad thing either. It's the fact that ONLY elins can be ninjas which makes no god damn sense.

Basically what I'm saying is, some people don't take everything as a joke. Entertainment isn't only about laughing and making a fun out of everything "for lulz", that's a troll's job or people who still need to grow up because they think they're the center of the world. Look, I watch troll stuff all the time and to have a good laugh. I'm not as serious as you think I am.

tbh this goes back to the addiction thread. Some people (addicts) want to have everything in a MMO because their life revolves around it only. That's just WRONG. Different things for different purposes. You need to separate things in your life. Watch a animated comic like Cyanide & Happiness "for lulz trolling" if you want, watch a romantic comedy if you want that, and play a fantasy setting for serious entertainment. Maybe add a horror if you want fear or gore etc. Simple as that.

I'm sick of this "I can't get my "fix" outside the game cause I'm an addict so I want everything in <insert the only game I play here>" ruining it for normal people who want to play a specific game for a specific setting. If we wanted a different setting we'd play a different game, or both games, nothing wrong with that. That's the normal way to do it.
    • Nah man we can't compare movies to mmos and games.

First of all - MMO attracts a certain kind of people - some people who are very passionate about videogames, completely hate MMOs. And vice versa.

Chicks who like Christen Bell, Romance and comedy don't really even get to MMOs nor understand what it's all about. Sure, they play farmville and stuff. In no universe will these chicks end up in TERA even when we get a full on set with hello kitty costumes. Their interests are more likely stuff like finding the one, impressing other women, getting a house and making some kids.

Let's say I am a loli anime fan, I love llamas and buy blue wigs from amazon and take photos with them, and you're a super serious death metal listener, who has 7 amani characters, and occasionally applies corspepaint and take selfies in his toilet.

In this scenario you see that there has been a massive increase of lolis and elins and police cars in the game - it looks so stupid and off-lore to you that your fingers get itchy, you go apply some corspepaint and come rant on forums WHILE I think it's super cool that this white llama has a black bowtie, so I just clap with excitement in the middle of highwatch and do this elin fgtry with other elin players.

You and I both know that in reality neither of us is that shallow.

Besides - we do have a lot of common ground - maybe would be healthy if we remind each other of that in "moderation".

You can go on and think that rainbow puking emote clouds have completely destroyed the sanctity of tera and it's lore - or you come around to think of it for a bit and realize that nobody is really forcing you to buy this cloud and wear it, and even though there are not really cloud-replacements for those who indulge in corpsepainting, the old lore is still there, sitting on its own and not getting bothered by anyone as the deathmetalists aren't really bothering with the gayclouds.

Most of the time what we do in the game is play - I understand you are a 3v3 player, so there's your ground. I play pve, there's my ground. When I'm in the middle of ressing my 3 team members I don't really care what my character looks like, what my graphic preset is at or how many rainbows there are out there at the entrance, I am engaged in the actual game, not the vanity. I assume it is the same for you when you are playing your pvp.

I've marked this before - out of the 100 hours that you play, if you actually like to get engaged in the content, the vanity and customization take up maybe 1 hour of it all. Unless you go on some selfie screenshot rampage and spend 4 hours in photoshop later. Happens, nobody pointing fingers here.

I don't think that people who play this hello kitty game or whatever it was that you linked before ever would find themselves playing TERA in any amounts. I can see how TERA players can get into playing hello kitty for funs though, as there's sometimes not enough content to play in TERA and they find other ways to slack out and chill.

Wait... Or was it black metal which did the corpsepaint stuff?

And I do not expect people to not rage. People have always been raging and they always will be.

Just saying that maybe there are other ways to satisfy these preferential needs - if it's really dungerous looks and hard stuff, maybe you'll enjoy painting stuff or whatever.

I'm really playing the game because of the mechanics these days, not how my character can and does look.

I think the looks part is only actually relevant when it comes to attracting new players - I was a real sucker for character customization a few years ago. Now I tried rev online or bns, spend a lot of time on the custom screen but never really got any satisfaction out of it. Maybe it was the anime-ish faces, idk.

Or if not art - then non-mmo games are the only ones that can really afford staying true to their lore-material.

In games that have to keep themselves alive it just not efficient. It gets old. Kungfupanda.

EDIT: Not taking yourself too seriously doesn't mean that everything is a joke. It's two completely different things. You went from one extreme to the other while there actually is a decent and solid grey area as well.

I think your take on the getting-everything-from-one-game misses the mark as well. It's not about getting everything from once place - people get addicted due to a percieved void... Ugh. How to keep explaining.
    • nagios wrote:

Those (with ofc Kumasylum and Kuma Royale on top of it) look like BHS made them SPECIALLY to look utter garbage.

I'm all for remodeling Kumas Royale in Basilisk Royale (which have breath attacks [3], Claw attacks [LClick], energy spheres [2] and bites [1] as well as a backstep [RClick] and some jump [4] ). Much better.
      Ultima | Lv65 Priest | ILv 455 | Yurian
      Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 453 | Yurian
      Quest | Lv65 Zerk | ILv 447 | Yurian

Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
      Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Xelia Priest

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget