Pinned [Collector Thread] Random crashes of tera

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Collector Thread] Random crashes of tera

Hey guys,
      Do you experience random client crashes?
      Like your TERA client just closes without any message or reason?
      You just see your TERA launcher but not the game anymore?
      Good, well not really good, but I need your help in order to get a better look into these issues.
      In most of the cases the internet connection is the problem, but that is not what I'm looking for.
      To rule that out, please do a ping test in the background while you are running TERA:

Press [Windowskey]+[R], type "cmd" and press ok.
      In the black window you type that in:
      ping -t google.com
      and press Enter.
      You can minimize this window now and play TERA.
      If you have these problems again, look in this window, also if you have also lost the connection or a really high ping there.
      With that way you know if your internet connection is the problem or not.

The information that I need from you:
      Character name, Server, Date and time of the crash (including your time zone), Ping test result, and what you did when the crash happened.

Example:
      Chracter: Unsichtbarer
      Server: Killian
      Time: 23.12.2013 11:30 (GMT+1)
      Ping: No loss of a connection, ping was around 5ms all the time
      Action: Smashed my head on the keyboard while Nightmare Shandra Manaya killed me in Mayanas Core Hard mode

Thanks for your help :)

• Chracter: Nordavogh
      Server: Zenobia
      Time: 23.12.2013 14:33 (GMT+2)
      Ping: After the game exited to my desktop with the launcher still there i looked at the window and it said 24 ms....and after like several seconds it had like 123 ms but that happened after the game crashed to desktop not before..
      Action:I was at tower base in the first area going to a mob...I was at the merchant when it happened..the 1st merchant there near the teleport
    • Dude it just happened again 15:30(gmt+2) I was in Velika getting pegasus for lumbertown and it just crashed..and I had the black thing and it had 24ms all the time so not from my internet..btw I forgot to mention that when I log back in the game rollbacks me several seconds before the crash happened
    • Unsichtbarer wrote:

Hey guys,
      Do you experience random client crashes?
      Like your TERA client just closes without any message or reason?
      You just see your TERA launcher but not the game anymore?
      Good, well not really good, but I need your help in order to get a better look into these issues.
      In most of the cases the internet connection is the problem, but that is not what I'm looking for.
      To rule that out, please do a ping test in the background while you are running TERA:

Press [Windowskey]+[R], type "cmd" and press ok.
      In the black window you type that in:
      ping -t google.com
      and press Enter.
      You can minimize this window now and play TERA.
      If you have these problems again, look in this window, also if you have also lost the connection or a really high ping there.
      With that way you know if your internet connection is the problem or not.

The information that I need from you:
      Character name, Server, Date and time of the crash (including your time zone), Ping test result, and what you did when the crash happened.

Example:
      Chracter: Unsichtbarer
      Time: 23.12.2013 11:30 (GMT+1)
      Ping: No loss of a connection, ping was around 5ms all the time
      Action: Smashed my head on the keyboard while Nightmare Shandra Manaya killed me in Mayanas Core Hard mode

Thanks for your help :)
      SO any news?
    • Chracter: ivetto

Server: Ishara

Time: 27.12.2013 17:42 (GMT+2)

Ping: No loss of a connection, ping was 37ms all the time even before opening tera

Action: was walking to hand in a quest in Osgarath province
    • Chracter: ivetto

Server: Ishara

Time: 27.12.2013 18:31 (GMT+2)

Ping: No loss of a connection, ping was once again 37ms all the time and even before opening tera

Action: was teleporting to first floor of the Hungry caverns in Osgarath
    • charakter: Ineloki

Server: hasmina

Time: 02.01.2014 17:54 (GMT+1)

Ping: No loss of a connection, ping was once again 45ms all the time

Action: Enter Hall of the Shadows. My client crash only in cities/towns.
    • charakter: backyak

Server: arcadia

Time: 03.01.2014 19:00(GMT+0)

Ping: No loss of a connection, ping was once again 60ms all the time

Action: My client crash only in cities and some time crashes killing moobs but rarely
    • Non-ping crashes are caused by memory issues. People with SSD's, a lot of ram and 64bit systems do not have those issues. TERA is a 32bit executable and can't adress more than 2GB's of RAM. It just runs out of memory to the point of crashing, especially on 32bit systems (like XP or any other 32bit versions of new 64bit systems) and machines with weak GPU's and small ammount of RAM.

Rest of the random crashes is caused by skipped/unfixed/unknown bugs, mostly script-related.

Roponmatsu wrote:

Victim Girls... oh god.
      Narcosis, the kinky elin sorceress.
    • yeah, i know. But, this isnt my problem intel i3570k, 64-bit win7,8GB ram 1600Mhz Kingston, Ati 7870XT 2GB mem. I have sometimes many crashes of game, and then a few days without problem ... huge amount od crashes are in dungs and Citys. btw. on settings 6 i have in city or dungs 40+fps...
      https://www.facebook.com/TeraOnlinekomunita

• Character: Dzordz
      Server: [EN] Veritas
      Time: 05.01.2014 14:05 (GMT+1)
      Ping: I've got ping between 64-110 all time i've playing Tera, but after i start a game i've got some losses in connections. For 93 sended packages, i lose 8 of them (8%). I check internet connection today and yesterday while surfing and playing other games - in 10k sended packages there wasn't even single loss - sometimes ping was up to 1000 but connection was still stable
      Action: Tera is crashing everywere and everytime. Today it crashed after 10 sec of play in Velika, when i wanted to check guild tab (by pressing g). It's crashing while chating, in cities, while summoning mount / thrall (while im playing mystic), even when i do nothing. It started since last patch, but now its more and more often. In last few days it was unable to play even for a while :/ (im playing since October and i never had problem like that. I scanned my comp / update all drivers / tried repair instalations / close some processes - nothing helped...
    • Character: Sephirgr
      Server [EN] Veritas
      Time 21/1/2014 10:58 (UTC+02:00)
      Ping: No loss of connection, ping was around 84 as usual in most games during the disconnection it got around 100ms.
      Action: Moving around Velika for some quests.
    • random crash

Chracter: Silvérstar
      Time: 25.01.2014 10:00 (GMT+1)
      Ping: I pinged google.com and just before the game crashes it get's timed out from the pinging and says that my IP can't get to google.com and after the crash it starts pinging without problem :/
    • Starflip wrote:

Chracter: Silvérstar
      Time: 25.01.2014 10:00 (GMT+1)
      Ping: I pinged google.com and just before the game crashes it get's timed out from the pinging and says that my IP can't get to google.com and after the crash it starts pinging without problem :/

Unfortunately Tera just closes itself when you loose your internet connection.
      And that happened to you.
      Maybe a 24h disconnect from your provider or wifi issues.

• Hello.. it seems that my problem is connection related but no idea what to do with it
      according to my ISP and DSL providers nothing is wrong
      I had this message in the ping at the moment of the crash
      PING: transmit fai led. General fai lure.
      everything before that and after that was just fine.. just this 1 line at the moment of the crash

I'm connected to my modem with cable.. I've been having similar problems with another game

p.s the spaces are because for some reason this words are censored :?:
    • Hi,
      try to ping your router/modem instead of google.
      Your Modem should have a IP like 192.168.178.1 or something like that.
      If you write "ipconfig" in the black cmd windows, it should be visible as Standardgateways.
      So try ping -t 192.168.178.1 in my example.

Then you know if really your internet connection is the problem or the connection between your pc and your router.

• Unsichtbarer wrote:

Hi,
      try to ping your router/modem instead of google.
      Your Modem should have a IP like 192.168.178.1 or something like that.
      If you write "ipconfig" in the black cmd windows, it should be visible as Standardgateways.
      So try ping -t 192.168.178.1 in my example.

Then you know if really your internet connection is the problem or the connection between your pc and your router.

Thanks for the reply!
      I did that and got the same result
      The router is quite new and I had similar problems (or worse) before that as well so I doubt the router is the problem
      Is there any way to determine the source of the problem? I've been having connection problems for a long time now.. worse problems than that
      Managed to got them solved after endless calls and few visits with my providers.. but still this one little problem persists
      I appreciate the help :thumbsup: if it's not the right place to discuss it further, than I'd be happy if you could redirect me or pm