Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Leveling up with quests

Borsuc - - Discussions about TERA

Why would you play a MMO for a story when they're always such low quality in that department (plus story has nothing to do with any "social aspect" of MMO either)? I don't get it. Can't even compare with "normal" RPGs (non-MMOs, idk how to call them), but most non-MMO games tend to have stories better than the crap they put in MMOs. And it's not because those games are particularly clever with their stories. It's just that the bar for MMOs is incredibly low for this. So why play MMOs for story? …

• Yes I'm sure during the "middle ages" people also had instant transfer of items (mail) or ability to negotiate telepathically and sell items from the end of the Universe faster than the speed of light. (it has nothing to do with what you said anyway, lmao). Nonsense is nonsense I guess. The buyout "fee" is supposed to represent the commission for the broker. You think he'll work for free to sell your stupid items or something? Just like any NPC drains money out of the economy for stuff he sells.

• Quote from Mehonix/Faphuntard: “a TRADE-broker means for me to be able to negotiate” Make your own language then cause it's definitely not english. A broker facilitates a transaction (in this case, trading items) between two parties. A broker does not negotiate (unless given permission to do so by the owner of the item, but then he's not a broker anymore, he's an agent).

Story in MMO... please. Even most shooters have better stories since they at least integrate story-based stuff like events/cinematics etc into your experience (interactive) instead of walls of text only (TERA doesn't even have voice acting, come on). Do you guys know what quality is or never played a game with a real story? wtf. It's disgusting to even call MMOs "RPGs" in the sense of story progression and such when everything you do is pointless and has zero impact in the world or NPCs -- you f…

• Quote from Aiim: “Short because it's better than nothing.. Plus we must go babysteps when it comes to PvP events so even a short one of a few weeks is welcome. Actually it'd make sense to make it EQ until september since it's summer and people have more time to play/find party and also no patches behind the corner so this is a dead month. @Atmorph” I'd agree with you if this was the first time he did it. I mean heck, I used those words exactly before the last event when he was gathering feedback…

Leveling up just sucks as a concept in these games (well not just leveling but most sorts of progression, some games you "level" skills or whatever). It works in single-player games (or coop or w/e) to be fun and a thing most people tend to not skip (even if given the choice, since well single player games can be cheated usually), because it's actually fun. But it's not the leveling that is that way, more like the story / getting through the world, leveling is just a side-effect. Most people who…

• Quote from Lisravae: “Crafting will be revived” Not sure how much of a good thing that actually is. Also most people aren't against the new system. Because the current system is pretty shit itself. It's more along the lines of others who think this will be their messiah or something retarded like that. Oh well, that's exactly what everyone said when +15 system got revamped the first time. You guys never learn.

• Quote from Amenti: “My attitude: 3vs3 team is inactive because other content (PvP & PvE) is more interesting for most of the people (in and outside of TERA)” Oh really so why did you skip the rest of my post? "Most people" don't play TERA, and by that I'm being generous when I include "most" -- as in, gamers who like this sort of setting. So who the hell is "most" or "everyone" you speak about? All of the games I listed have more active PvP and are probably more active than entirety of TERA (loo…

• Quote from Amenti: “Thats the point; I also do not think everyone will start like 3s after it is equalized.” Show me a single change (anywhere) that "everyone" liked. You make no sense. Some people will even come back to the game for it (as they did during last EQ event), do you count those in "everyone"? Why must you include only people who still play (meaning they're obviously satisfied with current things). More important is to ask people who don't play anymore and who used to play Skyring, i…

Quote from senita456: “Honestly players nowdays are overly-superly-spoiled” Entertainment is supposed to spoil people with fun/pleasure/delight. That's the whole point of it. So there's nothing wrong with it; on the contrary, there's something wrong when people think being spoiled by entertainment is a bad thing.

• Quote from Amenti: “Just randomly ask people of big guilds on Killian why they not queue 3vs3 team while haveing good gear and being active in PvP (CS/FW/Grid)” Because those people are casual PvPers or know they aren't skilled enough for Skyring to enjoy it, or just don't like it. So what's your point? It doesn't mean everyone will suddenly like Skyring and that's ok. Time to cater to people who like Skyring if you want to make it active, instead of PvErs or whoever else "has good gear" (since …

• Why short event though? I mean, why the "short"? What does Atmorph stand to lose. Also, @Atmorph, I don't know how to put it but, seriously, why did it take so damn long to request the ranking reset? It's been asked for ages + not having it reset goes against any sort of logic (look at any PvP game) especially with no rating decay.

• Slayer is toooo weak whats wrong

Borsuc - - Classes

I can't believe it but, I actually agree with Zdzisiu for once.

• Sigh. Initial claim was something like this: "We'll get 4-5 times more gold from VG [implying you can divide the cost of enchanting by 4]" Which is bullshit since you only get 2x more so you divide by 2 and not by 4. The fact you can do MORE doesn't mean that it comes FOR FREE. Just as working overtime and getting paid more does not mean you got a salary increase. It's not about whether it's increased, because it is, but by how much. And it's 2x, not 4x. Well, that was the initial point, so only…

• Quote from Glacial`: “You don't 'have' to. You can limit yourself to 8 vanguards like we have now.” And you won't get 4-5 times more gold so thanks for proving my point. Quote from Glacial`: “And since all VG quests benefit from the increased gold reward, why would you say it's not "salary increase"? Yes, there's a difference between 8*240 / 8*480 but at the end of the day you still got more than you'd have gotten otherwise.” But not four times more which was the whole point (because Kraxler sai…

• Quote from Glacial`: “Well the effort is still the same. I mean clearing a dungeon now is the same as in the future. And the gold you get is still 4-5 times more (well ... I've only seen ~600g/quest so I doubt that 4-5x more gold but you get the point xD ).” Huh? If you have to do twice the amount of stuff then it's twice the "effort" at least in this context. It's not "free". Say, working 16 hours in two jobs instead of 8 hours in one job doesn't mean you got a 100% salary increase. Because you…

• Quote from Kraxler: “U get 4 - 5 times more Gold via Vanguardsquest ( because 16 dailys and more than 2x Base gold)” That's as dumb as working overtime and not even asking to be paid more for it. Seriously sometimes idk what to take from this kind of splendid logic. 4-5 times more gold with twice the effort is not 4-5 times more gold, it's only 2-2.5x times more gold. Christ.

• Quote from Kraxler: “U can C R A F T Diamonds from scratch.” So? How is that any different when it's at least 10k, but will be more (it can't be better, because then mats would rise in price since everyone would want to do it, economics 101). Oh right I forgot some people prefer to farm something for say 5 hours "for free" instead of buying it with gold from a spender and farming that gold in 1 hour, because I don't know, fvck logic. Loser principles matter. Poll for something that doesn't even …

• You can't read or something? "Fresh BiS" means you have to go through every tier, and ofc what happens when they release new tier? Besides, I don't see how it is "cheaper" when that guy spent 2mil gold on stream and chatbot calculated 1mil just for raw gems? (be sure, this is with 10k diamond, but it will be more expensive, nobody sells it for NPC price there's no point in that). And if it's the question unrelated with enchanting etc then sorry I won't answer since it's off topic and would get d…

• 40% chance now is apparently "impossible extreme". lul Wasn't aware there's a 40% chance to blow 40k MWA, oh, and wasn't aware you need +15 now to be able to even get the next gear when it gets introduced (to evolve it).