You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to TERA - Europe Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 4th 2012, 10:12pm

Mystic PvP?

Ok so i currently have rolled a Mystic for sorta solo lvl'ing / pvp
So far im lvl 10 and im almost undefeated in duels (only lost to 1 priest) tried like 20 duels so far and mystic seems really nice and fun in pvp tho im only low lvl so wether or not it'll continue to be this way is what i hope you guys can answer for me

So far from what ive tried mystics are a really deffensive class to play in pvp so far ive won by simply dodging kiting and healing and slowly killing my enemy over time :P and im wondering if it'll continue to be this way or if the mystic gets a chance to be more offensive
Or if its even possible to still duel ppl at higher lvl's
Cause from what ive heard from ppl Mystics are only made for cc and if thats true then i dont really wanna waste to much time on it

Now the important thing about this post is i dont really wanna know how good it is in group pvp cause i already know that its nice if played right cause it got so much cc
The thing i wanna know is wether or not its a viable class for dueling or if ppl simply get to much self healing / mystics dont get enough dmg to kill someone and simply just by that wont be able to really duel ppl
Thanks in advance for you're answers and hopefully this will help others aswell =)

Monday, June 4th 2012, 11:30pm

Mystic is kiting. It is even more kiting playstyle than archers.

All that happens is your kiting and CC is buffed. You gain a stacking dot for example.

Mystic will never have high damage, at least not without giving up its high(est) control and highest mobility status.

Monday, June 4th 2012, 11:45pm

Maybe this vid is help :) i don't play a Mystic i have a priest but from my experience so far you will never do damage really but you have allot of survivability and CC, you get a decent Dot and buffs, Mystics are support so always useful in group pvp :).

[video=youtube;S1_sAosh_90]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1_sAosh_90[/video]
Whisker 28 Priest Ishara / 60 Priest Killian Retired.
Youtube PVP vids!

RedDevils

Intermediate

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 12:06am

Really nice vid Whiskers!!! I played Mystic in CBT's and like it alot, now in Live i didnt make 1 yet but im starting to miss him...

Ty for sharing the vid.... ^^
[img][/img]

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 12:22am

Very nice vid tho i really wanna see max lvl mystic now to see if it keeps being so awesome! :D
also if any of you know what the hell was that last thing the warrior almost 1 shotted the mystic with? O.o

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 12:41am

In group pvp, the mystic is great. If you're gonna solo most of the time, it's time to reroll. You can win duels, but they are pretty boring, since they take ages to complete(if it goes fast, it's because you are dying). Your damage is gimp and it will become even more apparent on higher levels.

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 1:51am

NP :) Don't know many high level mystic vids, I'm a 53 priest that pvps in a group, 3 of us in total mystics can be really hard to deal with if my dps can't catch them, i try to CC them the best i can but they can also CC me. Personally find group healing really fun in PVP :D sure its not to different for a mystic i hardly do any damage also try to debuff and do some if possible but often your just healing and buffing / debuffing and running away durin pvp anyhow.
Whisker 28 Priest Ishara / 60 Priest Killian Retired.
Youtube PVP vids!

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 2:14am

Well so far from what ive seen/tried the mystic is awesome so i just might lvl that up :D but still not sure yet
Havent gotten my comp yet so still have a day or two to decide :P

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 2:29am

Quoted from "Dunch;1822783"

Well so far from what ive seen/tried the mystic is awesome so i just might lvl that up :D but still not sure yet
Havent gotten my comp yet so still have a day or two to decide :P

As a levelling mystic, just be sure to duo or have the patience of monks! :)

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:52am

They're amazing for group pvp and 1 or 2 ganks in wich people dont have time to swap crystals and earrings.

If you want a 1on1 dueling class, i would advise something else. Not only they kill very slowly but there are certain item+crystal combinations that kind of deny most damage you deal.

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 6:39am

If you enjoy being a team player and supporting your fellow group members in ways of not dealing damage but ensuring that they can deal damage then Mystic is a great pick. If you lean more towards 1vs1 PvP then you should reconsider, you can keep alive for a very long time but you wont be able to take someone down on your own if your opponent isn't completely clueless.

It all comes down to what kind of role you want to play in the game, pick a class after what you enjoy and you wont be dissapointed.
[img][/img]

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 7:42am

Quoted from "Wulfgarth;1823089"

If you enjoy being a team player and supporting your fellow group members in ways of not dealing damage but ensuring that they can deal damage then Mystic is a great pick. If you lean more towards 1vs1 PvP then you should reconsider, you can keep alive for a very long time but you wont be able to take someone down on your own if your opponent isn't completely clueless.

It all comes down to what kind of role you want to play in the game, pick a class after what you enjoy and you wont be dissapointed.

Lold soo hard.
U think priest are bad pvp right?
------------------------------.:Î:.------------------------------
Riffelz - Elin Lancer - lvl 4x

IM BACK!

"With great power comes great responsibility"
----------------------------------------------------------------

Harmony

Intermediate

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 8:41am

Mystic OP.
You're the opposite of Batman.
Priest PvP videos ^~^.

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 8:45am

Quoted from "Harmony;1823443"

Mystic OP.

^ Heh.
I think mythics are maby best in 1v1 thnx to their high mobility and their tp making them almost impossible to catch.
as you saw in the movie, that mythic whas realy good and the enemies whas not bad either (exept from that lancer >.<) and he only had problems when i whasnt allowed to heal.

IM BACK!

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 11:23am

Quoted from "Gargoyle;1823167"

Lold soo hard.
U think priest are bad pvp right?

How about not pulling random assumptions about my views on other classes?
A Mystic should support his group instead of aiming for kills to make the most out of it, and for 1vs1 there are far better options to go for if thats what you aim to play, not saying that Mystics can't 1vs1 but the ones I have ran into so far have been far from challenging if alone.
[img][/img]

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 12:13pm

Quoted from "Gargoyle;1823467"

^ Heh.
I think mythics are maby best in 1v1 thnx to their high mobility and their tp making them almost impossible to catch.
as you saw in the movie, that mythic whas realy good and the enemies whas not bad either (exept from that lancer >.<) and he only had problems when i whasnt allowed to heal.

That's a lvl 38 video. It's very very different at lvl 60. When your opponents sport 70k+ hp and your DoT does 1-2k-ish every 2sec. You'd need a very bad opponent to win a duel since by then most classes more or less learn how to deal with mystics and that cloth users are extremely prone to knock-down...

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 12:42pm

Thanks for all the reply's i still think mystics are able to 1v1 even tho alot of you think they cant i just think theyre really hard to play
ofc theyre better for group pvp wich ill ofc always will do but i wanna play a class that also can 1v1 since (imo) its in 1v1 that you show how skilled you really are

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 1:12pm

Quoted from "VoodooAngel;1825546"

That's a lvl 38 video. It's very very different at lvl 60. When your opponents sport 70k+ hp and your DoT does 1-2k-ish every 2sec. You'd need a very bad opponent to win a duel since by then most classes more or less learn how to deal with mystics and that cloth users are extremely prone to knock-down...

yes, duels become harder in 60 for mythics, but they get better to!
an über slow, best mana regen in game and so on.

Quoted from "Wulfgarth;1825114"

How about not pulling random assumptions about my views on other classes?
A Mystic should support his group instead of aiming for kills to make the most out of it, and for 1vs1 there are far better options to go for if thats what you aim to play, not saying that Mystics can't 1vs1 but the ones I have ran into so far have been far from challenging if alone.

What i ment is that they are not that big diffrence between priests and mystics in pvp.
they are both got epic survival and medium dmg.
and mystics got awsm mobility to, beacuse of the tp.

IM BACK!

Friday, June 15th 2012, 8:55am

I think mystics can be kinda good in 1v1's tbh, even at 60. Especially when the master glyphs comes out (retaliate giving you 500% KB resistance and instant TP for example). The only really harsh part beeing a mystic is that kb after kb after kb chain that most melee classes get on you... We do however have great mobility and some really nasty debuffs. Like confusion for 10 secs (they run around going 'WTF'?! while we do the little dmg we can) and sleep + aoe stun.

Sadly our only really working dmg spell is our poison that ticks for about 2,4k with 3 stacks. This is usually not enough against a good lancer and deffo not vs another healer. I also have a hard time with good sorcs, since they hit madly hard and our self-heal is pretty bad. But myea, with a teammate - mystics can do wonders ;) .. Solo .. you're up for a challange! =) - good stuff ;)

Dogoparma

Trainee

• "Dogoparma" is male

Main Character Name: Tbc

Class: Sorcerer

Server: Killian

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 12:18pm

cant talk at lvl 60 but after hit 60 with Slayer i started Mystic and now is 50 , to be honest Slayer is great i love pvp with it, but when i grab my Mystic i feel alot more safe, till now 50 lvls i never lose a single pvp or duel, sometime i got ganked by 2 players and have win without many issue ( sleep both and focus on one by one ) , your DOT hits 2 target so the system for kill is same as you fight 1 or 2 players, the issue will come if there are 2 sorc because they got lock skill too and you will die for sure ( 2 vs 1 ). With my slayer i win almost all my pvp but when i have meet a mystic 60 i got owned for good