You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to TERA - Europe Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, May 7th 2012, 2:47pm

Berserker vs Slayer, Berserker less Def and Balance, Bersi gimped?

Hey guys!

Yesterday I was standing next to a Slayer and looked at his stats and was kinda shocked. All numbers I am listing are shown in some screens below. I am german, so dont be surprised about the e.g. "Verteidigungsmodifizierer" in the Screenshots. Even if you cant read it, you can see the numbers and get the gist of it.
I have already postet that in the german forums some mins ago, but because that topic really bothers me I want to discuss it with you too.
The slayer has got more Defense and Balance than me, although my Defense modifier are way higher, that cant be intended by the devs, can it?

The first number is the Slayer stat, the second one is mine (Berserker)

Attack: 4921 5790
Defense: 1153 1003
Balance: 491 442

So the Slayer has got more Def + Balance. Shouldnt I have more Def and Balance in my heavy armour?

Equip comparision: (D: Defense modifier B: Balance modifier)

And again... first one slayer, second one Bersi

Earrings
D: 18 D: 27
B: 11 B: n.V.
(I forgot to screen the second one, but one earring cant bethe source that causes the difference in the Defense)

Boots
D: 250 D: 378
B: 315 B: 272

Gloves
D: 242+32 D: 327
B: 325+68 B: 227

Rüstung
D: 322+28 D: 504
B: 434+60 B: 362

Why the heck does the Slayer have more Def than me?? All of my Defense modifier are a good chunk higher than his. If we look at the Balance modifier, his higher Balance could be understood, looking at the numbers alone. But that doenst make much sense... I am wearing heavy armour, so my resist against knockdown should be way higher, I should just have more Balance...

Something else I noticed:

Slayer Berserker
Power 70 75
Endurance 75 29

To be honest, I dont know what the Endurance value actually does^^ But should the slayers value really be 2.5 times of mine? Should a Berserker really have an Endurance of 29? Isnt that WAY too low?

Something just doesnt feel right here... The comparison really made me wonder if there is something terribly wrong with the Berserker. Slayers got more Defense than we? Although our Defense modifier are way higher? And our Endurance is THAT low? 29 is like nothing compared to slayers...
Thats just not right.

Earring

Boots

Gloves

Torso

Other stats (Power, Endurance...)
exaclean has attached the following images:
  • TERA_ScreenShot_20120507_024142.jpg
  • TERA_ScreenShot_20120507_024138.jpg
  • TERA_ScreenShot_20120507_024200.jpg
  • TERA_ScreenShot_20120507_024204.jpg
  • TERA_ScreenShot_20120507_024211.jpg
  • TERA_ScreenShot_20120507_024218.jpg
  • TERA_ScreenShot_20120507_024245.jpg
  • TERA_ScreenShot_20120507_024253.jpg
  • TERA_ScreenShot_20120507_024308.jpg

Monday, May 7th 2012, 4:06pm

Saw that too
Most were having equal or even more armor and other stats than me at lvl 55.
I had gold armor highlvls and other had green/blue armors.

Fynn

Intermediate

Monday, May 7th 2012, 4:42pm

Endurance is the modifier you are looking for.
With 50 endurance you get 1:1 the armor values on the armor to defense.
every point above or below changes it by 1%.

So the total defense on someone with 29 endurance is 21% less than all armor-values added.
and someone with 75endurance has 25% more def than all armor-values.

Proof: Added defense as slayer is roughly 910(doubled the earrings). And 910 * 1.25 = 1137Def.
Added berserker defense is: 1263. And 1263 * 0.79 = ~1000

Aoikun

Intermediate

Monday, May 7th 2012, 4:50pm

It certainly feels awkward. I have to say though that it looks like he has better equipment than you, it would be nice to make a comparison between a Slayer and a Berserker at the same level both equiped with the gold set of their current level instance.

If anyone gets the chance to make such comparison (or at least as close as possible) please tell us what you found out, meanwhile I'll be looking into this too.

EDIT:
So, Why is the difference in Endurance so big? Is it like that or maybe the Slayers was buffed in some way (Though if that was the case a green number should be displayed...)
It just feels wrong that difference in Endurance, one of the Pros of the Berserker class is that we wear Heavy Armor, but it doesn't look like an advantage anymore....

Monday, May 7th 2012, 4:54pm

Ok so now I know what endurance actually does, thanks for that :)
Thats still so wrong.... I mean Berserker 29 endurance? Whats with that? Thats way too low when it puts us behind Slayers when it comes to defense. Having less defense than someone who wears leather just doesnt feel right.
They should really do something about it... We are wearing heavy armour so arent we supposed to be the class with the second highest defense?

EDIT
@Aoikun

yes his item levels are higher... But I am still ~350 defense multiplier ahead of him. He should have less defense. I could live with it if the gap between him and me would be close because his equip is better, like me: 1003 , he: 925 or whatsoever. But his def outnumbers mine be 150. After Fynn explained how endurance works, I would guess our value for that is just too low. 29 feels really low.

EDIT 2
@Aoikun again^^

I was thinking about that too after I saw how big the difference is. To check that i created a brand new slayer, and his endurance is 75. So it is his base stat for endurance.
I got curious about endurance and checked several classes.
Warrior: 78
Archer: 76
Sorcerer: 75

Aoikun

Intermediate

Monday, May 7th 2012, 5:26pm

Well, that just sucks xD

I can't understand this, really, Slayers have very high damage, wide AoE attacks that are easy to land, high mobility and some stuns. We Berserker have greater damage, but only when we max out our charges, something that won't happen in PvP unless a Mystic sleeps a target... and then we have to carefully aim to hit. Also we don't have stuns, only interrupts, low mobility and now we found out that our defense is not so good too? This doesn't look balanced to me ^^¡

Monday, May 7th 2012, 5:31pm

I wondered how Slayers were able to simply out-damage me in duels when I had full gold lvl 38. Guess I now know why.
Fuck this shit. Fix this class!

True action combat they say. Skill required they say. In the end it only comes down on retarded gear numbers. That's how much improved gear plays a role in this game... They should have just made it a hotkey based MMO for that matter.
[img][/img]

Hekaton

Trainee

• "Hekaton" has been banned

Monday, May 7th 2012, 5:40pm

I think it's just an issue with their system. A lancer has only 34 also. Seems the plate classes has such good armour that they lowered Endurance to compensate. Seems silly though... Anyone know exactly what Endurance does? Is it only to do with defence?
"Victory is hollow unless you win with style..." Ken Masters.

Monday, May 7th 2012, 8:14pm

either leather armour wearer should have lower def or plate wearer should have higher def. But not damn the same or even near equal

Monday, May 7th 2012, 10:36pm

That makes no sense... no sense at all... The main reason of having heavy armor instead of leather is to have higher defence, but with that endurance there is no difference. Why giving some classes leather and some heavy if in the end result they all have same armor because of the endurance? The only explanation that I came up with is that they just made different types of armor for the looks. And that endurance there is simply to make sure that different classes will have different amount of armor.

But it does feels wrong. After all, both lancers and berserkers don't have good enough mobility to avoid attacks, so even with blocks, it's obvious that those classes need to have more armor and HP.

Fynn

Intermediate

Monday, May 7th 2012, 11:18pm

Lancers and berserkers are the only classes who can actively permanently block damage.
Also they have high crit resist too.

Monday, May 7th 2012, 11:32pm

Quoted from "Fynn;1563412"

Lancers and berserkers are the only classes who can actively permanently block damage.
Also they have high crit resist too.

Slayer is pretty much on par with Berserker in defense/health/crit resist.
Further more a Slayer has better DPS in PvE. Ranged attacks. High mobility. And generally preferred for both PvE and PvP.
What do Zerkers have? A high burst damage skill that gets outdone by a sorc. A blocking skill that is inferior to lancer but mostly good enough for all fights (if superior weapon). But are considered generally a good mass PvP addition because of their combination of burst damage and defense. Still doesn't make it up for me. Especially since all sorts of PvP are so broken at the moment.
[img][/img]

Kruznik

Trainee

Monday, May 7th 2012, 11:37pm

doesnt change the fact that when slayers get hit by the same aoe i get hit by they still take a lot more dmg.. weird I know but I have been levelling a lot with a slayer in guild and same AoE will take him down to 1/2 or 1/4 that will just tickle me down and we are both in near identical gear @ 55.

anyway.. this seems to suck.. but didnt they say they were working on the zerk balance?
[img][/img]
Kruznik 60 Zerk, Phanto 60 Lancer

Monday, May 7th 2012, 11:44pm

Summer takes too long though. We won't hear a thing from BHS about the current state. Even Frogster does not share information on it since they don't even have it! We have to get it ourselves or be blessed with good forum members.
And even IF the new balance patch that is QoA pt 2. comes out this summer (which I doubt it will without delays.), then I am still sure of it, that we won't be getting it for atleast a few months time because herpdiederp... WESTURRRRNUZATION.
[img][/img]

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 1:31am

Stop crying, everything is perfectly balanced.

You can't expect to have more defense than someone with better gear.

Fynn

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 2:28am

Quoted from "Kangax;1564720"

Stop crying, everything is perfectly balanced.

You can't expect to have more defense than someone with better gear.

Nice trolling

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 7:42am

Quoted from "Fynn;1564951"

Nice trolling

Not even trollin yo.

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 8:24am

He has gear of 3 item levels ABOVE you so yeah comparing things like that is defo an issue of Berserkers being gimped!-.-
[img][/img]
To live is to die...

Chomag

Professional

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 8:28am

Slayers are supposed to be overpowered and faceroll. Stop trying to make sense out of it.
Left TERA on 22.05.2012

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 4:29pm

as soon as they "fix" the attacking speed also affecting our charges, Slayers will go back in the picking order once again ^^

theres a formulae for what the OP is trying to compare, i just cant find it atm. its somewhere in the JTERA wiki site

you can also follow - http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/ge…ct-modifier-etc
[img][/img]