You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to TERA - Europe Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 10:03pm

Quoted from "Gamergirl;1548238"

Kinda silly to be punished for pvpin in a pvp server. Good way to protect low lvls i guess but still...not so though through...

So ganking lowbies in pvp server is pvp in its finest, but getting killed by own level players is punishment. How beeing pvp enabled in pvp server is punishment?

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 10:26pm

Quoted from "Phosphia;1549999"

This system would be good on a PvE server.. But PvP? It's just stupid. I didn't join a PvP server to have restrictions on who people can kill. Really sad to see people's worlds fall apart from being ganked a few times by people at a higher level.

Grow some fucking balls and a brain too, because it doesn't take a genius to avoid them.

Ur not restricted in any way. if u want you can kill lowbies nothing special here

and I agree getting ganked by higher lvls is a part of a pvp server but atleast in this game thay will get punished for doing so.

as for the final part where is the balls in picking on lower lvls...and if the lowbie killer has brains he wouldnt kill to manny

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 10:36pm

Quoted from "xuaron;1553521"

as for the final part where is the balls in picking on lower lvls...and if the lowbie killer has brains he wouldnt kill to manny

He seems to think that him attacking low levels is fine but equal levels attacking him is something to complain about.

Says it all about a large portion of the community on pvp servers sadly.

Monday, May 7th 2012, 1:55am

Sadly it does

Monday, May 7th 2012, 2:07am

My point in this thread wasnt either i couldnt take the punishment or if i killed to many low levels... the point is that the infamy gets down ridiculously slow.. even if you only reach 1.5k infamy it takes like 1-2 days for it to dissapear.. wich is ALOT of time for killing around 5-10 ppl who is 5 or more levels under you... and like someone said why get punished on a pvp server? makes no sence really since you choose the server knowing you can get fucked aswell...

But to my point... is there any way to get rid of infamy? ppl say "grind mobs at ur own level" wich doesent seem to work at all.... i lost around 400 in a dungeon tho.. i gues that is the only thing to do? or?...

Monday, May 7th 2012, 3:03am

Yes i do agree the decay of infamy is slow and schould scale whit the amount of infamy you have
Like this
1-500 infamy 1 decay per 5 min
500-1000 3 decay per 5 min
1000+ 5 decay per 5 min

Or somthing like that

But other Than that the pvp system is wel build

Monday, May 7th 2012, 3:30am

You don't get infamy from killing lowbies if you're not an outlaw. I killed tons of level 10-20 outlaws as a lvl 32 back in OBT as they attempted to kill me while I was gathering.

So this essentially means the following are true.

Op went to lowbie zone.
He outlawed himself.
He started tearing newbies a new asshole and as a consequence got flagged as outlaw.
Newbies started trying to destroy his dumb ass in vain because red=dead and he killed them in alleged self-defense, only increasing his already high infamy.

In summary, well done, idiot.
You weren't defending yourself. Just reaping what you had sown.
Besides, if infamy was easy to work off then it wouldn't discourage you from killing lowbies at all. More to the point, why are you killing them in the first place? They don't offer a fight, they are just there, minding their own business and then you go and destroy them. To what end?

Monday, May 7th 2012, 3:33am

Quoted from "FlaringDog;1552090"

Smells kinda fishy to me. I can assume you'd get around, what? 90% less infamy points by mere accidents as you've stated? If it had been me, I wouldn't have cared much to defend said friend if it were to stack too much infamy points. I'm sure they would've understood my reasons if it had been the selfsame scenario.

Oh well. If not anything else, it teaches players not to mess too much with lower levels. Though, I would like one thing clarified, seeing there's a bit of confusion humming along this thread. Do you get infamy points/switch to outlaw when you're defending yourself against lower level outlaws? I mean, do we have to roll over and die should we refuse to fight back? Seems a bit askew to me.

To answer this and clarify for all.

No. If you're level 60 without outlaw decleration/infamy, and a level 11 decides to go outlaw on you, you can kill him over and over and you will never get any infamy for it.

If you go outlaw/are infamous (as a result of killing lowbies in the first place) yourself and kill lowbies, then yes, you will gain infamy.

So long story short, OP is not telling the entire story and is hoping the devs will read his post as the complete truth and do something about him being an outlaw, even if it's all his own fault.

/tread
Argantes L60 Castanic Lancer
Stormraven L60 Castanic Priest
My destiny lies where my fate leads me..

FlaringDog

Beginner

Monday, May 7th 2012, 3:42am

Quoted from "Crossreaper;1554823"

To answer this and clarify for all.

No. If you're level 60 without outlaw decleration/infamy, and a level 11 decides to go outlaw on you, you can kill him over and over and you will never get any infamy for it.

If you go outlaw/are infamous (as a result of killing lowbies in the first place) yourself and kill lowbies, then yes, you will gain infamy.

So long story short, OP is not telling the entire story and is hoping the devs will read his post as the complete truth and do something about him being an outlaw, even if it's all his own fault.

/tread

Thank you for clarifying. It was something of a befuddlement in this thread and it was quite confusing on its own.

Chomag

Professional

Monday, May 7th 2012, 8:37am

Quoted from "Anarchist;1554817"

More to the point, why are you killing them in the first place? They don't offer a fight, they are just there, minding their own business and then you go and destroy them. To what end?

The same reasons as in all MMOs:
- lack of attention irl and the need of getting it wherever possible.
- glory hunting. Causing someone to make a whine thread on the server's forum is always worthy. Usually done by continuously camping someone or making a mess so big that is bound for the word to go out.
- sociopathy. Some people just get off annoying other people in whatever way possible.

I played wow on Ravenholdt aka Dramaholdt aka Retardholdt.
Left TERA on 22.05.2012

Monday, May 7th 2012, 11:39am

Well, if he was outlaw flagged and repeatedly killed players lower level then everything seems fine.

His stupid decision, his consequences to deal with.

Monday, May 7th 2012, 12:29pm

I was confused too, if people decided to attack him and dismount him, they would flag for it. Killing them doesn't give you bad karma. :P
[img][/img]

Monday, May 7th 2012, 12:39pm

Ye i guess the best reply to this thread so far is "fight players that is on your level range or get yourself a looong time of infamy and deal with it"