You are not logged in.

Friday, September 13th 2013, 5:00pm

Argon Corpus! Why pickup BoP items for other classes?

Hi, I recently reached level 60 on my first character and am currently trying to make some money! The only decent ways I see are to run instances or solo BAMs (Only BAMs I've tried are the ones in this video #mce_temp_url# and so far I haven't got a vitriol drop ^^ lol).
Anyways, I've started running some of the harder instances (compared to my previous Ebon Tower runs), namely Argon Corpus and I couldn't help noticing that even though a lot of the drops are Bind-on-pickup (with a few exceptions ofc) everyone rolls on them even if it's not for their class!
So I'm curious, what can you do with these binded weapons and equipment if you can't wield nor sell them?
The only thing I can think of is for extracting materials, is that any good?

Also, are there any actually valuable drops from Argon Corpus?
There are of course Masterwork Alkahests and every now and then a MES but appart from that every gear that I've seen have been either untradeable or 60-100G tops, and with prices that low it's gonna take a while to make my desired fortune ;(

Friday, September 13th 2013, 5:07pm

ac nm ? hmmm been a while that i run it.
but i think the BoP items there are not-enchantablles and are kinda weak.
so its fodder to enchant with.

other ac nm drops are T13 enchantables (kinda worthless) and more fodder.
not much to get there.

(most) other dungeon drops are not BoP and wierd that that stuff if BoP

number473

Intermediate

Main Character Name: Aph

Server: Arcadia

Friday, September 13th 2013, 5:40pm

ACNM drops are currently almost entirely fodder. The tier 13 aren't really useful, even the bind on pickup ones. The only really valuable/useful drops besides the alkahest/MES are the tier 14 fodders, i.e. deathstain or deception set. There are usually only a few per run, though.

After the patch you will be able to get the Abyss set from ACNM (it currently drops from HM, but I don't recommend PUGing that). Abyss is reasonably good, but it will devalue quite a bit after the patch.
Warning: Post may contain traces of sarcasm.

Friday, September 13th 2013, 6:14pm

So ACHM is not really worth doing for moneymaking then?

Which instances could I make good money from? Are there any easy enough ones for me?

I'm currently using a +9 Rendfall, Slayer's Vest from Jax Trust and +6 Discorde gloves/boots, so as I want to improve my gear I need money :love:

And are there any BAMs I can solo that are good money without getting a Vitriol? =)

Friday, September 13th 2013, 7:24pm

bop things in ac is mostly for vendor or extract. Nothing of value is lose.

Non class restricted means no class discrimination, it was an issue in the past p2p time. In the old time, lancers kick berserkers to monopoly the metal loots. Leather dps hate warrior tanks for stealing their loots. And sorcerers always get less loots because of the unfair looting rule.

You may try lot or kn 3 man.

archimonde

Intermediate

Friday, September 13th 2013, 7:33pm

fastest way to gear up is arena win trading

fastest way to make money is LoT mwa farming which makes you a no lifer/korean gold farmer :lol:

Friday, September 13th 2013, 7:53pm

Labyrinth of Terror?

But that's a level 58 instance just as Ebon Tower, does it still have good loot?

Or do you mean LoT HM?

Friday, September 13th 2013, 8:00pm

Labyrinth of Terror?

But that's a level 58 instance just as Ebon Tower, does it still have good loot?

Or do you mean LoT HM?

LOT nm yep, it gives masterwork alka and masterwork scrolls.
they sell good and many ppl farm them to make cash.

2nd best way (currently) is doing MCHM , but many ppl cant so they farm LOT

Friday, September 13th 2013, 9:36pm

By farm he means solo.

Friday, September 13th 2013, 9:43pm

Ew, I was gonna try soloing Ebon Tower and could barely get past the first boss

Friday, September 13th 2013, 9:53pm

Not the entire dungeon. Just first 3 minibosses for mwa and reset it.

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 1:25am

I hate AC and avoid it whenever I can but I think I remember getting a neck piece on my archer I passed to my priest some time ago. If its not fodder then its probably tradeable between characters. Not that I remember anything dropping there I would actually use tho.

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 3:45am

Ew, I was gonna try soloing Ebon Tower and could barely get past the first boss
When you go/jump down the first stairs, there are 3 minibosses.
1. Red guy surrounded by LAZOR BEAMS!!!!
2. Spiderbich that locks your skills for 60 seconds.
3. Guy with overly annoying shield.
Those are the 3 minibosses people farm for MWA. You can get Refined Alkahests and Masterwork Alkahests. Max unit drop per 3miniboss run is 9 Refined Alkahest or 9 Masterwork Alkahest. Each boss can drop a maximum of 3 units. It's always a drop, just depends on if it's a Refined Alkahest or Masterwork Alkahest, and how much of it dropped.
It takes about 5-8 minutes to finish the 3miniboss run.
Give a jackass an edjucation, and you get a smartass.

Velkara

Trainee

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 4:12am

other ac nm drops are T13 enchantables (kinda worthless) and more fodder.
not much to get there.

(most) other dungeon drops are not BoP and wierd that that stuff if BoP
Those items are the Discord set (non-masterworkeable, tradeable) and the Cyasma Set (masterworkeable, BoP).

They are not very good now, but believe it or not, there was once a time when T13 Cyasma was among the top PvE gears in-game, and thus BoP. ;)

Quoted from "4braxas"

1. Red guy surrounded by LAZOR BEAMS!!!!

2. Spiderbich that locks your skills for 60 seconds.

3. Guy with overly annoying shield.

Best description of the 3 minibosses ever. :thumbsup:

Quoted from "4braxas"

It takes about 5-8 minutes to finish the 3miniboss run.

When you're geared and experienced, yes. Given the OP's gear, it will probably take him more like 15 minutes, especially until he learns the moves by heart.

(Tip: when the Spiderbitch turns red, she will immediately jump up and try to bite you to lock your skills for 60 seconds. Evade or block to prevent her from doing this. Her next attacks are normal ones, until - while still red - she jumps back. She will then do 2 normal attacks, and then jump again to try to lock you again. Evade or Block. Players who don't know this pattern often lose about 3 extra minutes on her, with their skills locked and just running around).

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 4:25am

They are not very good now, but believe it or not, there was once a time when T13 Cyasma was among the top PvE gears in-game, and thus BoP. ;)

uhmm are you sure about that ?
i remember it different but not 100% sure now , been a while ?(

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 5:18am

Spiderbich used to be the worst of the 3minibosses. Until you learn the pattern, then she becomes your favorite, she dies so easily :D
Btw, her first PMS starts when you get her under 76%. So that's a fantastic indicator for at least first lock.
Give a jackass an edjucation, and you get a smartass.

Velkara

Trainee

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 5:36am

uhmm are you sure about that ?
i remember it different but not 100% sure now , been a while ?(
Remember TERA is actually a game with almost 5 years - we got it in Europe long after it was running in Korea.

There was once a time where t12+12 crafted Dreamkeeper set was among the best. Then t13 came along, and Cyasma was top of its class (in fact, MCHM was first beaten with t13+9), as you could MW it.

Then Agnitor and the new dungeons introduced t14 gear, effectively making t12 useless and making t13 PvE gear a cheap stopgap at best.

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 5:48am

Dreamkeeper is t13.

In Korea there was level 50 cap, with Akasha's Hideout Hard Mode as top dungeon.

Then level 58 cap, with Kelsaik being top dungeon. I'm not sure what gear or set was best for this, but it was t12.

Then level 60 cap without MC, level 60 dungeons being FoK and BT (not sure if AC was up too) which were used to farm best set (dreamkeeper). T13 at this time.

For some reason after that, they made t14 but still at level 60 being cap. And now we get even more t14 still at 60 cap, but this time it's not t15 at least.

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 5:54am

Dreamkeeper is t13.

In Korea there was level 50 cap, with Akasha's Hideout Hard Mode as top dungeon.

Then level 58 cap, with Kelsaik being top dungeon. I'm not sure what gear or set was best for this, but it was t12.

Then level 60 cap without MC, level 60 dungeons being FoK and BT (not sure if AC was up too) which were used to farm best set (dreamkeeper). T13 at this time.

For some reason after that, they made t14 but still at level 60 being cap. And now we get even more t14 still at 60 cap, but this time it's not t15 at least.

yep, that was it.

there was no ac when T13 and Fane/BT was best stuff.

and tera is not 5 years old. EU/NA release was a bit more then 1 year after KR release.

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 10:50am

and tera is not 5 years old. EU/NA release was a bit more then 1 year after KR release.
Yes, but first FGT was in 2009. And game was supposed to release somewhere in 2010 - early 2011
Sadly it did not happened because FGT version was much better than current mess. Better no lag UI, no CC-fest, no one shot in PvP, no spam of skills (less skills forced to use them smartly, not just spam) and no auto-aim/lock-on.