You are not logged in.

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 1:21am

The best statistics for a tank set ?

I always wondered what the best status for equipment on tank. So I decided to ask here.

T
his is not glorying what set i have !!!

I am interested statuses good or not? What to change or leave ?

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 2:04am

Lancer stats are ones which are quite personal, so you'll probably get multiple different answers (mostly due to how different lancers treat Threat as an important stat, and that depends on their gear vs the gear/ability of the DPS they run with most often). I can give you the rundown of what the majority of endgame lancers seem to agree on though:

Your lance has double attack speed, which is vital. Your other two stats are Aggro and Normal. Normal should go, for sure, and ideally be replaced by Boss monsters. Aggro is fine as the fourth stat, though some lancers prefer even more damage by goign for the damage vs highest aggro or damage vs enraged. Any combo of those is good really.

Double Boss Monsters is the important thing on chest, which you have. HP restoration on entering combat is basically worthless so should be rerolled. Increased HP regen is a pretty okay stat. Vs Enraged and Vs Highest Aggro are probably the best option for pure damage reduction. Reflect damage is pretty fun and I always love having that if it rolls, but it's not exactly vital. You should reroll the HP Resto on combat, whether you lock just the two boss monsters and hope for 2 nice ones, or lock the HP Restoration too, is up to you.

Gloves are curious - most endgame lancers favor 5 x Power on them, so they can have the maximum damage setup possible. It's expensive to reroll though. In reality, any combo of Power and Aggro will be serviceable, just ignore Crit and Impact. The 10/11/12 should definitely be 3xPower though if you can help it, it's far better item budget. The 0 and 9 can be either Power or Aggro (the aggro value in these slots is a lot higher than the 10/11/12 but the power is similar).

As for boots... well, anything goes I think. Double Endurance is the most common for PvE for sure... but there's some that swear by movement slow reduction (I'm not entirely sure why) and movement speed is never -bad-, though is only really good for some fights where kiting/motion is needed. I'd probably roll to double endurance. YOu can likely totally ignore any stats to do with balance.

Hope that helps!
Read the tribulations of <Meow>'s young priestess - Ellorah's Diary.

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 1:22pm

So for weapon:
Normal Monsters changes with Boss Monsters.

Armor:
HP regen change with one of this
You take 6% less damage from enraged monsters.
You take 3% less damage from frontal attacks.
You take 3% less damage from the monster with highest aggro to you.
I chose these because of the Armor has 3 status for Damage from boss monsters decreases

Gloves:
Aggro change with power
but the glove is not it better to aggro is easily keeping boss ?

Boots:
x2 Increases endurance by 2.
A friend gave me the advice to do with movement speed for queen in HM

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 1:41pm

these stats are fine

Weapon
2 speed at weapon , 1 aggro and maybe 1 boss dmg (change the normal mobs , if you got much cash)

Chest
2x boss and 1 Heal

Gloves
much aggro , maybe a bit power (with great DPS aggro would be better)

Boots
i like full speed

did many MChms and other stuff with pretty much these stats

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 2:57pm

Gloves:
Aggro change with power
but the glove is not it better to aggro is easily keeping boss ?

Well....based on my recent countless ks20 runs... We have 1 full power lancer(he has power wherever he can get it) with 1 threat and 3x mutinous(he doesn;t even have aggro stat on lance). The rest of them have aggro-heavy builds(though most started rerolling recently xD). Not only does the power lancer hold aggro significantly better, but he's actually -pulling- aggro from the other lancers just by attacking the boss(no, he's not shouting or anything that's designed to pull aggro).
I'll try to be nicer...if you try to be smarter....

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 5:03pm

Well....based on my recent countless ks20 runs... We have 1 full power lancer(he has power wherever he can get it) with 1 threat and 3x mutinous(he doesn;t even have aggro stat on lance). The rest of them have aggro-heavy builds(though most started rerolling recently xD). Not only does the power lancer hold aggro significantly better, but he's actually -pulling- aggro from the other lancers just by attacking the boss(no, he's not shouting or anything that's designed to pull aggro).

Indeed, it's important to note the way threat works - your threat on a mob is equal to the DAMAGE you do to them, multiplied by bonus threat. Some skills do have fixed threat amounts too of course, but as your gear gets better then your damage moves will start outscaling your threat moves.

EG, (and im using totally made up numbers here for example). Wallop might hit for 60,000 damage. Challenging Shout might do 60,000 fixed threat, and zero damage. If you have a total of 50% threat across your gloves/glyphs/lance, then both moves will do the equivalent of 90,000 threat. However if you then add on some Power, the Wallop will start hitting harder, but the challenging shout wont be affected. So whilst initially it seems like stacking Threat is the way to go because it affects everything, there comes a breakpoint where power multiplies your damage by a much higher percentage than the equivalent threat boost, and conversely affects your overall threat more.

There's also the fact that ideally, Lancers dont want to have "too much threat". Threat is great, it keeps mobs stable, but it doesnt do anything else. Ideally you want the lancer to have -just enough- threat to hold the boss stable and all the rest of their item points should go into Damage. Lancer damage isnt insignificant, and a full power lancer will be contributing a lot more to the overall fight than a full threat lancer. The trick is finding the balance. If you're in full visionmaker gear, then you should probably go maximum Power on everything and if you ever find yourself needing higher threat, swap in 1-2 more Threat Cruxes. If you're in Agnitor/Abyss gear and occasionally tank for Regent/VM geared people, you'll probably be better off with more threat on your gear.

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 5:42pm

In my oppinion threat is better than power.
In TERA no boss is a dps race(not even manaya or KN enraged) , in TERA all is about survival( u saw they did in EU mchm 2man,kn20 in 6man).
So lancers should stick to what they do better and that is tanking not making damage and let each class do theyr role. I am sure a GOOD DPS can make up for that lancer extra damage from the power build.

When lancer does more damage he takes more damage= increased chances he dies and maybe all party wipes.

Also when a lancer is going for power build a VERY GOOD DPS (not normal or noob dps) will allways steal the agro because the difference in lancer dps and real DPS classes is huge.

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 9:16pm

When lancer does more damage he takes more damage= increased chances he dies and maybe all party wipes.

And you lost any credibility you might have had. Good lancers know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 10:36pm

Try to do damage when boss is enraged so u can keep agro( and by doing damage i am pointing to wallop or spring attack) and see where that gets you with your power build. Either u do damage and take LOTS of damage too (maybe die) or you will loose agro.

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 10:57pm

Try to do damage when boss is enraged so u can keep agro( and by doing damage i am pointing to wallop or spring attack) and see where that gets you with your power build. Either u do damage and take LOTS of damage too (maybe die) or you will loose agro.

not really :rolleyes:

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 11:56pm

Power build doesnt mean "spam all your damage moves all the time and take more damage". The rotation of a power build is no different to that of a threat build. To do optimal threat a Lancer needs to be attacking AT ALL TIMES, and only block for a fraction of a second when a hit is about to land. Glyphs like the shield barrage 200% threat one help convert pure damage into threat.

The fact is, you don't have to give up ANY survivability to run a power build. You don't have to decide between Power vs Boss Damage Reduction (well, unless you talk about endurance zyrks, but few use those). Case in point - the 10/11/12 slots of gloves. You can have 1.5% Threat, or 3 power, in each slot. 4.5% threat might increase your total threat by maybe 3.5-4%, given that you'll already have a bit of % bonus threat floating around on other things that it adds to. But 9 power is a BIG increase in damage, and there's a huge chance that the 9 power from those slots will actually make you do MORE threat than the 4.5% threat boost, or at the very least a very very similar amount, but come with actual damage.

The thing with gear is that you can always run 4xThreat Crux and 4x Threat Zyrk without needing to change any gear stats. There comes a point where you really do have too much threat on stuff, and you need to reduce threat and swap it for damage. It's therefore a LOT better to go with armor that has pure damage/power on it, rather than aggro, and then just swap in crystals if you're not doing enough threat.

It's a balancing act. If you arent holding aggro well enough, you can always swap in more threat crystals. Sure, it's not -bad- to have Threat on the 0/9 of the gloves and a single threat on the lance, but it's definitely better all round to have Power in the 10/11/12 of gloves.

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 1:41am

-->Boss enraged = more attacks = lancer must block more so no time for extra hits.
-->In this time DPS who has +damage on enraged does a lot more damage than usual.

So lancer must get a lot of treath in very short time. I can see no way in this case that power would be more usefull than treath here. And a skilled party with lancer tank allways enrages bosses on cd.

The only option i would choose power over threat on a lancer would be if i would solo a lot or if i would go PVE with average dps that never steal agro from me. (in my party the lancer is VERY skilled, he did some amazing stuff all this time we were raiding but he still has some trouble with the agro when our DPS do theyr max potential).

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 2:56am

So lancer must get a lot of treath in very short time. I can see no way in this case that power would be more usefull than treath here. And a skilled party with lancer tank allways enrages bosses on cd.

it sounds like there's a misconception of how threat works. Threat on items simply multiplies the amount of threat your skills do... but that's based on damage too in a large amount of cases. Hitting a monster for 50,000 with 0% bonus threat is exactly the same as hitting it for 25,000 with +100% bonus threat.

And it's not about "extra hits". A lancer has a rotation of skills in between each block. Shield Counter, Challenging Shout, Shield Barrage x 2, Spring attack if possible, Wallop, Lockdown Blow and Debilitate are all used very frequently regardless of whether a boss is enraged or not.. And of those, only Challenging Shout doesnt do any damage - all the rest have their damage increased by Power.

Power is a multiplier on damage. If you have more power, your attacks do more damage, and thus your attacks generate more threat as well. It has nothing to do with how fast you attack or so. It's simply a multiplier. Increasing the damage you do also increases the threat you generate. It depends entirely on how much Power you have and how much bonus Threat you have as to which one increases your threat the most in a given situation.

In -general- the threat stats on items increase your threat a little more than the equivalent in power, but once you reach sickly uber levels of gear you'll end up holding aggro better by going for Power on a lot of item slots.

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 9:14am

The only option i would choose power over threat on a lancer would be if i would solo a lot or if i would go PVE with average dps that never steal agro from me. (in my party the lancer is VERY skilled, he did some amazing stuff all this time we were raiding but he still has some trouble with the agro when our DPS do theyr max potential).

You not knowing anything about tanking in this game has nothing to do with what the good lancer stats are.... We actually did a small test. Agnitor lance +12 vs kn hm fire lance +12. It was significantly harder to pull aggro from the t13 lance and the only difference between those 2 were the +10/11/12 stats.

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 12:16pm

We actually did a small test. Agnitor lance +12 vs kn hm fire lance +12. It was significantly harder to pull aggro from the t13 lance and the only difference between those 2 were the +10/11/12 stats.

It almost makes me wonder if the % threat mod ONLY affects the bonus threat on things like Challenging Shout and Shield Counter (that kind of "fake damage" value added on to make tanking possible over higher DPS targets) and has no effect on moves that are just pure damage. I also wonder about things like the "200% threat on Shield Barrage" glyph - If you have maybe 50% bonus threat on lance/gloves/cruxes, does this make Shield Barrage do 450% more threat than a basic one, or just 250%? (200+50)x1, vs (200+100)x1.5 If it's the second one, and the bonus threat on your gear is simply added to the existing 200%, then power would have a vastly bigger effect on the overall damage/threat of that move.

On paper, they should be similar, but in practise the high power setups just have more threat. Tera maths is veiled enough as it is, but it really wouldn't surprise me if the % threat boost is -less- than the total boost we think it is.

Saturday, July 13th 2013, 6:11pm

Very nice topic :)

That I think is as Sapphidia said, there must have balance between power and agro.
But I think that there is and something other and it come from the mechanic on the game.

Warrion generate agro just from fact that he do much hits for short time. Because that Warrior hold agro better than Lancer.

So to hold agro as Lancer you must have not only good stats on your items but is important what is your rotation and it must be fast.

Monday, July 15th 2013, 11:55pm

I'm using pure Power on my gloves but will change so that I only have Power on 10/11/12 when I Craft VM gloves and see if there's a difference.

Holding aggro against mad sorcerers and slayers can sometimes be tricky. The main reason i rolled Power on the gloves is for solo/duo farming.

In general 1 Power = 1% threat (not exactly but the Point is valid). Thats why the threat zyrks give more overall aggro then powerzyrks. So trading the 0 and 9 stats from Power to threat should increase aggroholding.

The only place currently where aggro plays a major roll is 1st and 3rd boss in Cof on mark III
Stridsvagn leader of Cerberus Fraya-server
Volvo leader of Get Rekt Zenobia-server

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 10:02am

Thanks for all the answers. Here's what sets now. I guess I'll stay and will not touch anything. I gave 25k for one rotation of the armor and from 30% chance to regen HP to Damage from normal monsters decreases. xD

I hope soon to become +12 :( I had 10% of the boots only from +10 to +11 0.о

When i collect a lot of money will be thinking to rotate wep and armor.
Wep > Boss dmg
Armor> something for boss

Gloves and boots will not touch them so remain.

speedlolita

Professional

Main Character Name: speedlolita

Class: Lancer

Server: Killian

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 8:49pm

I have:

Boot:
2x Endurance

Glove:
5x Power

Weapon:
2x Attack Speed
Boss Monsters
Aggro
3% MW

Chest:
Healing Wind (should be Spring Attack)
2x Boss
Enrage
Reflect (should be HP Resto or Front)

Your stats are far from bad but just thought I'd give a few ideas for upgrades.

Cruxes are hugely important as are zyrks too for a lancer.

The above are Regent apart from glove and I have no aggro problems from VM DPS. Well, unless they go balls deep such as one party I was in with the slayer that 2 manned MCHM. Holding aggro is a little harder on the two first bosses in MCH after the changes they made. At least, I think so.

Nostrum of Energy, Swift Scroll etc should be used, strong glyph setup. Hopefully you enjoy the class. I love it.

Soeasy

Professional

Main Character Name: Soaria/Rowanberry/whatever

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 4:34pm

a Very Cheap way to get good Gloves with always +3 Power on 10,11,12 stat are the Bloodrave Gloves and it's very easy for a lancer to get to 1200 so you should try to get them since they are only missing 1 stat but are already +12 MW 3%.