You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to TERA - Europe Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Hyunjae

Intermediate

• "Hyunjae" is male
  • "Hyunjae" started this thread

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 5:28pm

Terrible EU/NA Community

Good Day!

This might seem like a straight up QQ post, but please read everything if you're going to reply. If you're too lazy and are just here to leave your daily "QQ moar faggot and bcoem pr00" to boost your tiny e-balls a bit more don't even bother and stop reading here.

People here are so god awful, it's not even funny. This has been the case since p2p though it skyrocketed after the f2p model.
As it has been said, people apparently try to play this game like their typical point and click MMORPG - in order to sort of pull it off they need to compensate with gear (Basically - more gear allows you to be dumber in this game). This leads me to the thing that annoys me the most about this shitty community.
All the LFG posts etc. are recruiting people for ACHM, MCNM or sometimes even BTHM/FOKHM with A HUNDRED AND SIXTY item level and up. That basically equals the latest tier 14 gear all +12, best part is; that stuff actually drops tier 13 fodder. Well, once I let myself get dragged down to this retarded level and join such a group in FoK HM since I was bored. What happened? Those people in full Visionmaker or Queen +12 gear actually WIPED at the first boss, the tank couldn't hold my dps at all (in significantly less gear than the rest!) several times. Same for Nexus and other instances.

The other group I joined on LFG was 160+, too going for MCNM which already is ridiculously overgeared for that instance to begin with. Before we even started, the other "pro" sorcerer in my group with (VM disc +12 btw) wanted to teach me about crystals on sorcs, claiming back crit was so much more dps than 4x mut (but this isn't the point here, if you feel like arguing about that send me a PM or something, or do some testing yourself/read up on stuff not written by retards like that guy). All good, I just kept using my setup and we faced the first boss. Tank lost aggro immediately without me even critting anything major and couldn't take it back the entire fight even when I significantly lowered my dps. Ultimately I "tanked" that boss, more or less while being the highest dps with my oh so shitty gear and crystal setup while every single one of those pros died around me at least twice left and right, completely standing still at times not even trying to dodge shit. After we did kill it somehow I obviously get kicked for carrying them, don't you get the logic? Come on, It's obvious! (No, I didn't say anything offensive so that could have been a reason)

So I wonder, how can people be THIS bad at the game, yet have all the ridiculous gear? Personally I also think the whole "skilled" list along with item level kind of destroys the game and purpose.

As a result of all this gearing/requiring gear shinaningans for instances that drop significantly worse gear than people here apparently believe you need (especially those f2p users) in order to complete these instances, how is one supposed to even get that gear when they're locked out of that box right off the bat? No matter how good they might be, they just can't reach it. These folks don't seem to realize we (the veteran players) actually cleared all those "ohsodifficult" instances in tier 12 +6-+9, tier 13 +6-+9 gears at max (including MCHM) BEFORE they even got NERFED and made it possible for them to actually get the gear FOR THEM of that instance they are now using it as a requirement for.

Side note: Communication is a major issue, too. People can't spell their own class names right they even got VM +12 gear for.

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 5:58pm

I've read your post and I think that claiming that an entire community is terrible because of a very small subset of players is a generalization.

To answer your question about how they can have very high gear and low skill level, some users will buy accounts, items, even quills. Some others may just be good and lucky enough to get what they need in one spare successful run.

And to answer your second question: a viable option is finding a decent guild running Kelsaik's Sanctuary, Crucible of Flame, Sirjuka's Gallery. Even simply Nexus offers decent equipment.

Squat

Intermediate

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 5:58pm

Things would be different if Agnitor/Abyss/Regent weren't bind on equip, and Agnitor required some more effort.
The bads can just buy regent/abyss and be ilvl160 without ever stepping foot in ACHM/MC. What's worse, they assume everyone is just as bad as them, so they have to have these ridiculously high ilvl requirements for other members to hope on finishing the dungeon. Never mind that the first people that cleared MCHM were in t13.

Do what any sensible person does, stop pugging dungeons and run with your guild/static. The only thing I sometimes decide to pug these days is ToT.

Hyunjae

Intermediate

• "Hyunjae" is male

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 6:07pm

Quoted from "Eevee;2677097"

I've read your post and I think that claiming that an entire community is terrible because of a very small subset of players is a generalization.

To answer your question about how they can have very high gear and low skill level, some users will buy accounts, items, even quills. Some others may just be good and lucky enough to get what they need in one spare successful run.

I wouldn't have created this thread if it was a small subset. All that based off one successful run might be a little too much luck imo, though the whole account buying thing sounds possible.

Quoted from "Squat;2677100"

Things would be different if Agnitor/Abyss/Regent weren't bind on equip, and Agnitor required some more effort.
The bads can just buy regent/abyss and be ilvl160 without ever stepping foot in ACHM/MC. What's worse, they assume everyone is just as bad as them, so they have to have these ridiculously high ilvl requirements for other members to hope on finishing the dungeon. Never mind that the first people that cleared MCHM were in t13.

Do what any sensible person does, stop pugging dungeons and run with your guild/static. The only thing I sometimes decide to pug these days is ToT.

That seems to underline my statement that gear basically allows players to do more stupid stuff. In fact, I stopped pugging at all upon these two incidences out of 2 tries within one week. For the entire rest I have been running dailies, nexus errands and bg (BGs are yet another thing that clearly shows how terrible the common player skill is) given I'm unable to find a guild that doesn't do stupid stuff as mentioned in my original post and/or even speaks proper english commonly. I just personally dislike huge guilds the most. Add to that statics tend to be the same people these days with those sick requirements.

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 6:16pm

Can´t say anything regarding your FOKHM or MCNM experience, because i was not in that group. But in general: That´s what you get if you go those instances with random people. And i don´t mean wipe at first boss in MCNM, this can always happen when a new formed grp goes there and nobody knows how the others play, the group has to find itself first. No, i mean that people start insulting others right away if something doens´t go as they want it to be. Most random people have absolutly no manners what so ever in this game, that´s my experience.
Regarding the itlv 160+....yes, that´s ridiculous. But don´t forget this game has an item shop. So if you spend some real money you can gear up very fast, at least to regent +12 stuff without ever doing any instance at all. And you can pay people to get you through MCHM, so you can get your quills for VM stuff. And people with (in their eyes) "low" itlv are just undergeared. The reality is, people with bought stuff are just underskilled and overgeared. Most of the time that is.

Hyunjae

Intermediate

• "Hyunjae" is male

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 6:20pm

Quoted from "suppe;2677115"

Can´t say anything regarding your FOKHM or MCNM experience, because i was not in that group. But in general: That´s what you get if you go those instances with random people. And i don´t mean wipe at first boss in MCNM, this can always happen when a new formed grp goes there and nobody knows how the others play, the group has to find itself first. No, i mean that people start insulting others right away if something doens´t go as they want it to be. Most random people have absolutly no manners what so ever in this game, that´s my experience.
Regarding the itlv 160+....yes, that´s ridiculous. But don´t forget this game has an item shop. So if you spend some real money you can gear up very fast, at least to regent +12 stuff without ever doing any instance at all. And you can pay people to get you through MCHM, so you can get your quills for VM stuff. And people with (in their eyes) "low" itlv are just undergeared. The reality is, people with bought stuff are just underskilled and overgeared. Most of the time that is.

Can't agree more on most of the things you said, though I don't quite think it's that much pay to win given the price of masterwork alkahest, fodder and mw scrolls and the actual queen weapon in relation to the price of... let's say keys if you decided to sell them. If I were to spend 50 euro for in game gold I would basically buy keys, mounts, whatever and sell them in game, that's what youre saying right? If so, those 50 euro would take me to... about 30k gold which is peanuts. I easily spent 200k on my meldita disc +11 with meh stats and 2% MW now go figure how much actual money it would take to get full queen +12 stuff. Unless your second name is "Gates" that might seem a little bit off

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 6:21pm

ilvl is pointless ..and most ppl just suck

Hyunjae

Intermediate

• "Hyunjae" is male

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 6:22pm

Quoted from "Nili;2677127"

ilvl is pointless ..and most ppl just suck

That's my post in a nutshell lmao

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 6:26pm

they should remove ilvl or make it "always hidden to other ppls view"

better look at someones gear / stats and "dungeons completed" (and make the numbers viewable to others) to see if someone is worth going with

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 6:51pm

Quoted from "Nili;2677136"

they should remove ilvl or make it "always hidden to other ppls view"

better look at someones gear / stats and "dungeons completed" (and make the numbers viewable to others) to see if someone is worth going with

even that is buggy, if someone made an alt and is gearing it up and on that alt he's 1st time but earlier on his main he spammed it like mad - it means he does know the pattern of every boss and mob in those instances.

You can be 1 shot in such instances, and yet you may end up the only one who didn't die so far ^^

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 7:08pm

4x mutinous being better than back crit crystals is hilarious and wrong.

But yes people are asking huge item levels for these instances is sort of annoying.

I can't say much regarding "skill" because I only hit 60 in November and was doing stuff in T13 +9 Discord. Felt awesome finally downing NM Queen with it. Now I tend to only pug MCHM with mixed results. Sometimes the party is lacking and sometimes they're really strong. I'm not one to judge on ilvl though, gear is gear.

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 7:15pm

Quoted from "Sussie;2677151"

even that is buggy, if someone made an alt and is gearing it up and on that alt he's 1st time but earlier on his main he spammed it like mad - it means he does know the pattern of every boss and mob in those instances.

You can be 1 shot in such instances, and yet you may end up the only one who didn't die so far ^^

hmmm yep,
then the "Dungeon History" Tab could have buttons/dropdown-menu with all char names,
to switch and see them all

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 7:33pm

x2 i hates this people fail to realize nothing I remember once old people using nexus +9 / dreamkeeper +9/12 in ac / mc hm and did alright yet how people will learn if they are ever to kick them so the deal never changes will always be the same + 10k abyss + 100k regend LOL and still are waiting months to buy someone and no one is buying and spoiling item...

but anyway one can do with friends in real or guild united and friendly

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 7:36pm

Quoted from "Nili;2677172"

hmmm yep,
then the "Dungeon History" Tab could have buttons/dropdown-menu with all char names,
to switch and see them all

rather total number of full runs on that account. Since not everyone want to share their main names on their alts :D

still it's a better solution than -> low ilvl -> kick -> queue

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 7:38pm

Quoted from "Sussie;2677190"

rather total number of full runs on that account. Since not everyone want to share their main names on their alts :D

ohh yea, that would work too

Hyunjae

Intermediate

• "Hyunjae" is male

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 8:14pm

Quoted from "speedlolita;2677163"

4x mutinous being better than back crit crystals is hilarious and wrong.

But yes people are asking huge item levels for these instances is sort of annoying.

I can't say much regarding "skill" because I only hit 60 in November and was doing stuff in T13 +9 Discord. Felt awesome finally downing NM Queen with it. Now I tend to only pug MCHM with mixed results. Sometimes the party is lacking and sometimes they're really strong. I'm not one to judge on ilvl though, gear is gear.

Thanks for your meaningful contribution. I'm not sure if you were able to comprehend that I was only referring to sorcs about that specific thing so I'll mention it here again for you. If you did actually mean it just check this (source: http://m.inven.co.kr/powerbbs/powerbbs.p…&my=con&l=17661 1. 4x mut; 2. 3mut 1 carving; 3. 3 mut 1 focused; 4. 2 mut 1 focused 1 carving; 5. 2 mut 1 focused 1 savage; 6. mut focused savage carving - forget about the thing about circumstances. y = dmg and x = crit rate. the normal lines are without scroll, the other two are carving and savage scrolls respectively. I myself probably did more testing on sorc dps matters and setups than bluehole did and ever will.
in short: Under any circumstances (aka crit rate and time spent dpsing at the back of the boss/mob) that you can achieve in game at this point a 4x mut build (+savage scroll) will always provide more dps than any other build.

Quoted from "Sussie;2677190"

Sounds like a pretty darn good system, though we have no influence to change that. All coming straight from korea without permission for GF/Enmasse to change anything (if they technically even could lmao). But hey, it does work over there.

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 5:35am

Good Day!

First thing to say: Maybe start with yourself? Instead of starting a proper thread you write stuff about tiny e-balls and more.. Awesome. Good way to start this, sir.

I can share this issue too. My zerk had kn20gear+9 and weapon +10 and people told me that my damage is not enough for MCHM. Seriously? .. People killed her first with t13 craft+12..
Btw: I joined FoK HM with my zerk too. Full regent/kn20 +12 group from Killian and we wiped at the first boss due to priest being retarded enough to not kill the pillars and at the 2nd try she says she doesn't even know when to kill them. Yea, you go MCHM but can't even go FoK hm, that's kind of sad right?

But that MCHM run is dubios, sometimes you have random aggro on the 1st/2nd boss and it's very hard to get it back. But I won't argue about your crystals now, it's your choice~ I personally wouldn't invite you with 4x mut but who cares.
Skilled shouldn't just apply to the character but the whole account, like making a 2nd tab .. I dunno.
I was kinda annoyed when I played zerk, I have 170 kills on my mystic but they first cried about my char not being skilled :c (And then the person died to almost every laser, I love it.)

Well, you can go KN10, then get your KN20 gear. I always tried to get some noobs to KN10 to gear them up, maybe because I'm a nice person.. I even took my friends to KN20 - some of them died all the time but who cares.

But I'm not playing anymore. <3

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 6:22am

it could look like this

should not be hard to add..

Quoted from "Asuka;2677439"

But I won't argue about your crystals now, it's your choice~ I personally wouldn't invite you with 4x mut but who cares.

ohh how did i missed that... 4x muti ? hmmm , would not inv too

Hyunjae

Intermediate

• "Hyunjae" is male

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 12:12pm

Quoted from "Asuka;2677439"

Good Day!

First thing to say: Maybe start with yourself? Instead of starting a proper thread you write stuff about tiny e-balls and more.. Awesome. Good way to start this, sir.

I can share this issue too. My zerk had kn20gear+9 and weapon +10 and people told me that my damage is not enough for MCHM. Seriously? .. People killed her first with t13 craft+12..
Btw: I joined FoK HM with my zerk too. Full regent/kn20 +12 group from Killian and we wiped at the first boss due to priest being retarded enough to not kill the pillars and at the 2nd try she says she doesn't even know when to kill them. Yea, you go MCHM but can't even go FoK hm, that's kind of sad right?

But that MCHM run is dubios, sometimes you have random aggro on the 1st/2nd boss and it's very hard to get it back. But I won't argue about your crystals now, it's your choice~ I personally wouldn't invite you with 4x mut but who cares.
Skilled shouldn't just apply to the character but the whole account, like making a 2nd tab .. I dunno.
I was kinda annoyed when I played zerk, I have 170 kills on my mystic but they first cried about my char not being skilled :c (And then the person died to almost every laser, I love it.)

Well, you can go KN10, then get your KN20 gear. I always tried to get some noobs to KN10 to gear them up, maybe because I'm a nice person.. I even took my friends to KN20 - some of them died all the time but who cares.

But I'm not playing anymore. <3

I don't think this is speed dating, the matter supposed to be discussed here is the community. I don't see how any information about myself is going to help you with that. Actually I would assume I don't have to write such an intro but apparently I do have to. For now it kept those pros away just fine.
In fact, Queen has been killed in T13 +9, too before the nerf - not a big deal. I vote for Fok HM: Hardest instance EU!!

It wasn't just that boss, it was just an example. About actually not inviting a sorcerer with 4 muts is straight up retarded. In fact there is no better choice and I (and others) have proven it several times before. I wouldn't invite a sorc using a back crit build, though. That's for sure. People get too much tunnel vision seeing one pretty and red number from a fireblast in a whole boss fight, if even that. Add to that, in all honesty I haven't seen a single sorc in any of my groups with a decent and efficient rotation on these servers. Most sorcs don't even know you can squeeze 2 fireblasts in one buff duration and that's the most basic of things anyone should know after hitting 48.

Anyway, this still isn't about sorc builds and rotations. I might open a topic over there so you can try and fail to bust it. KN gear is pretty bad tbh, it's purely PvE and there is nothing in the current PvE content the way we experience it now that requires more than tier 13 gear. All that it could potentially be good for is using it as the "entry ticket" to instances that are actually lower than your gear, but otherwise you won't even get in due to the shitty community.

Quoted from "Nili;2677448"

it could look like this

should not be hard to add..

ohh how did i missed that... 4x muti ? hmmm , would not inv too

That could be an option, yeah. But then again we don't have the power/influence to change any of that stuff. However we could have influence on the community itself (or possibly other things)

For the mut thing, read above.

Also, what's with people requiring these crazy item levels for BG? not like that's going to make them better players.

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 3:51pm

Quoted from "Hyunjae;2677073"

So I wonder, how can people be THIS bad at the game, yet have all the ridiculous gear? Personally I also think the whole "skilled" list along with item level kind of destroys the game and purpose.

people probably play with one hand down their pants all the time.