You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to TERA - Europe Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Epic Rage

Intermediate

• "Epic Rage" started this thread

Monday, May 6th 2013, 4:58pm

So wait , what did i miss ?

I used to play back when TERA was P2P, and im kinda hardcore fan of Slayers...

As i recall, back then Slayer was considered a very good pvp class.
Has something changed ?
i read some disturbing things about slayers being one of the worst pvp classes along with berserkers currently.

Are Slayers considered bad pvp class now? and if so please elaborate.

Thanks guys.

Monday, May 6th 2013, 5:15pm

Yes in 15vs15 at least.

Note: I dont play slayer above level 26.

But from fighting them I found:
They have next to no stuns useable in pvp.
Their main damage abilities are easy to dodge and doesnt hit as hard as for example zerker (who arent that great in 15vs15 either)
Their dodge ability has a cd and as such they are easy to pin down and kill unlike wars with jumps all over the place lancers and zerkers with what seems to be infinit block,

In 15vs15 the top classes would be:
Lancer
sorc
Priest
mystic
warrior
archer
zerker
slayer

Unless the warrior has much better gear than his counterparts in which case he will simply just kill people in stuns and become completely overpowered, lancers of course do not need this, all they need to do is mass leesh the enemy team in the middle of the map and sorcs/themselves will instantly kill 4-7 people in which case the fight for mid is OVER.

3vs3 I have no clue I never bothered with it at all.

Epic Rage

Intermediate

• "Epic Rage" started this thread

Monday, May 6th 2013, 5:31pm

Hmm i see...

~Well we Slayers do have 2 stuns that if aimed correctly can be pretty usuable in pvp.
~I agree most of our abilities are easily dodgeable by enemies. Unless they are imobilized / stunned.
~Our dodge has indeed a 4 sec CD , which makes it unspammable, but i think its enough to evade certain(the most dangerous),not all,attacks.

Also i was wondering why a Warrior's backstab Stuns the enemy , while a Slayer's Backstab only roots enemy in place for the same duration.. ? its really unfair , Warrior can use the stun to dish out a considerable amount of dmg , while a Slayer's dmg after backstab can easily be avoided if the enemy use a skill that moves his character ( like mystics / sorc's blink skill thingie )....

SirSaber

Professional

• "SirSaber" has been banned

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 8:47am

Slayers are still good in 15s15 the only difference is :

-Skill is more visible now on slayers, those with more skill will be more noticable.
-If the gear is not T14 PvP +12 (at least weapon) they might have a hard time with some classes.
-Target priorisation is important
-Strategical positioning also (backstab them from a place where they can't see you)

Slayers are still very good in PvP, you'll only need to craft your T14 pvp and you're good to go.
Ah and ofc train agains classes if you're rusty.

Victor - Elin - Lancer LvL60 - Kallida

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 9:39am

Combos have changed...

You can't do Startling Kick (stun) when your target stand up after a knock down... Cause now "RETALIATE" gives you a 2 second buff that immunity you against every crowd control...

So now we can't control somoene as before. And we don't have enough power damage to afraid sombody...

Slayers are not the same as before... Look 3v3 ranked. There's no slayers in the top 20.

shwamiite

Professional

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 9:50am

whats new about zerkers hadnt been on for a while?
:growup:

:lol:

SeraphEU

Beginner

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 9:51am

Slayers are Skill Based .. Fearsome i know it actually requires that u know what your doing to play em good.
If u master your slayer u can play vs any class. even 3-4 hit ppl with full t14 +12. Only class u should ignore as slayer is lancers with full gear since its a waste of time to fight em if they know how to block. Just run away do your objective or backstab and kill some one else. basic combo u should be using to 1 combo ppl. Backstab - Startling - Heart Trust - Overhand - Measured slice (incase they have loser buff or Blue buff. ) ( note : Use blazing backstab )

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 3:54pm

Quoted from "shwamiite;2615999"

whats new about zerkers hadnt been on for a while?
I dont know, they dont really do anything in pvp to me I keep hearing them complaint about staggering though which interupts their charge up abilities.

Quoted from "SeraphEU;2616002"

Slayers are Skill Based .. Fearsome i know it actually requires that u know what your doing to play em good.
If u master your slayer u can play vs any class. even 3-4 hit ppl with full t14 +12. Only class u should ignore as slayer is lancers with full gear since its a waste of time to fight em if they know how to block. Just run away do your objective or backstab and kill some one else. basic combo u should be using to 1 combo ppl. Backstab - Startling - Heart Trust - Overhand - Measured slice (incase they have loser buff or Blue buff. ) ( note : Use blazing backstab )

Firstly that's assuming they dont move or you dont get a knockdown on then in which case they will retaliate and move.
Secondly you wont kill people in pvp gear like that.
Thirdly sorcs onehit people you can do this combo on, warriors keep them stunned til they die same with lancers.

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 6:13pm

slayers reroll to lancers after p2p

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 8:49pm

Slayer is still good in pve, but in pvp it's been heavily toned down, especially for 3v3...Sorry :s
Ninjii - Mystic - Codex

Adio - lv 60 Mystic - Ex-OnibawaN