You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to TERA - Europe Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunflare

Beginner

• "Sunflare" is male
  • "Sunflare" started this thread

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 12:12pm

What's in Ancient Treasure Chest drops

Hey all,

Been looking aaaaaaall over the place (the www, I mean, which includes this very forum) and yet nothing.
What's the deal with these? I've got like 5 already and am reluctant to open them, since I can sell them for 200+ each. However, I'd gladly satisfy my curiosity unless what I'm being told is true - the supposedly 'wrapped in gold' contents are some petty blue ('rare') gear items for L58. Which to me personally is total and utter rubbish. Why? Because the Ancient Treasure Chest boxes (writing the whole name for the sake of search engines if others also google this) are droppable even from L59 BAMs which makes blue L58 gear utterly obsolete and useless, as story quests give better one, as well as dungeons.

So, do I sell these or do I open them? What EXACTLY could be inside that can justify their fancy description? If you've only opened one, can you try and remember what item(s) you got and post a reply here, so that a list can be compiled? IMO, blue item boxes such as these must contain alkhest, enigmatic scrolls, valuable consumables (such as battle panacea and full res scrolls) etc, not some arguably 'rare' gear items.

Thanks for reading and for your intel! :)
'The best way to predict the future is to invent it!'

'Georg Fabricius said, "Death comes to us all! But great achievements? They build a monument which shall endure until the sun grows cold."'

Squat

Intermediate

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 2:01pm

They don't sell at all. They just rot on the broker. They mostly contain garbage.

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 5:17pm

Well I opened a few, but that was a looong time ago, when the t14 update wasnt even here yet. It contained white/green/blue weapons of T12.

Sunflare

Beginner

• "Sunflare" is male

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 6:32pm

So, what's the verdict guys? Useless 'rare' boxes with no valuable consumables or anything else of value? :-/

'Georg Fabricius said, "Death comes to us all! But great achievements? They build a monument which shall endure until the sun grows cold."'

IceD

Master

• "IceD" is male

Main Character Name: Narcosis

Class: Sorcerer

Server: Killian

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 6:39pm

They also seem to contain T13-T14 fodder. Haven't seen any superior stuff, though. Not worth selling, just open them up. Honestly speaking, they should upgrade those to contain more useful items and/or new stuff; a simple drop table edit would do.

Quoted from "Roponmatsu"

Victim Girls... oh god.
Narcosis, the kinky elin sorceress.

Sunflare

Beginner

• "Sunflare" is male

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 8:00pm

Quoted from "IceD;2613596"

[...] Honestly speaking, they should upgrade those to contain more useful items and/or new stuff; a simple drop table edit would do.

Agreed! These are supposed to be bloody rare drops with something of value. Currently, judging by the 4 boxes I've opened, these contain exclusively rubbish (only t12 (?!?!) white and green fodder), which has NO VALUE at all - 5 g tops for something 'wrapped in gold'. These must be upgraded, definitely. There is no mention in the description that you're about to get some stinky low-tier fodder crap. How about some rep. boosts, some spellbind, ext. alkahest, full res scrolls etc. Just ANYTHING *of value* guys!

Amirah

Intermediate

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 6:35am

Absolutely useless those things. I used to get heaps of them off Icegiants pre-f2p and the drops were always T11/T12 white/green items. The chests need major beefing up because they instantly get new players hopes up, and suddenly send them crashing down when they open them.

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 8:29am

but they are relatively easy to farm, doesn't worth a upgrade. Maybe dropping good boxes on harder bams instead? ^^

Squat

Intermediate

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 11:17am

Add them as a drop from lv60 bams and change the loot table to contain spellbinds, master enigmatic scrolls, semi-enigmatic scrolls, campfires and T14. Zing, now they're worth something.

But alas, we're dealing with Gameforge here, not gonna happen.