You are not logged in.

Terra

Intermediate

• "Terra" started this thread

Monday, February 25th 2013, 3:34pm

Manual patch download?

Is there any manual download/torrent for the latest patch?

My girlfriend is having issues with the launcher and she has had this issue since before the latest patch (it doesn't open but it appears in the task manager) and we've tried just about every solution possible but she's still having this problem.

So she's unable to patch to the current version of Tera through the launcher, and even then we're still not sure whether that would fix it anyway.

She has tried to reinstall but still gets the same issue when attempting to open the launcher with no patches installed at all.

With a Google search, there are few other people with this same issue and none of them have solutions.
★Primula☆StreamPrimula☆Youtube★
Primula - Lv60 Lancer - Velik EU
Melancholy- Lv48 Slayer - Velik EU
Adelia - Lv60 Lancer - Elyon KR
Primula - Lv60 Slayer - Elyon KR

Fate

Professional

Monday, February 25th 2013, 3:43pm

I have not seen any manual patch downloads, but I'll offer some tips anyway just in case you've missed something.

Have you tried running the launcher is admin? Right click, Properties, Compatibility and then Run as Admin. That has actually solved launcher problems for me in the past when the Launcher just would not start and I had to end it from the task manager.

Also issues with the patching I had to delete the gl_v2.version file from the main directory so that the game would be able to finalize the patch and install it after downloading. This was mentioned in a different support thread so you might want to go take a look.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Monday, February 25th 2013, 4:10pm

Hey,

we're currently looking into options to offer patch downloads besides of updating the game through the launcher. Though I cannot give you any ETA about this option as of yet.

Regards

Terra

Intermediate

Monday, February 25th 2013, 4:38pm

We've tried both of those already Fate, but thank you.
And that's good news Raven, thank you.

What I've determined is that the only files you require in order to successfully run the Launcher are the following:
TERA\locales\en-US.pak
TERA\CopyCub.dll
TERA\icudt.dll
TERA\libcef.dll
TERA\TERA-Launcher.exe

I separated those files on my own client and the launcher executes with no issue, but it detects that files are missing and proceeds to re-download those missing files. (Though obviously putting all the missing files back reverts it to successfully checking all files)

The only way I've been able to reproduce the problem she is having is by renaming the TERA folder to something else.
I'm assuming this is a hard-coded directory structure and not registry related because I moved the directory to a different drive and it still successfully launches.. so as long as her directory is named correctly it should work - which means this isn't the issue she's having.

I'm going to have her try that launcher tomorrow to see if she has the same issue with it.
Edit: I have tested those launcher files on a virtual machine and it works without issue, so there's no registry entry requirement from the launcher so her issue may not be file related at all.

It could potentially be hardware related because her computer isn't the best to say the least, but she has previously been able to play without issue before so that wouldn't make much sense.
I guess we'll just have to see whether she can run the launcher on its own - if that's the case then it could be an issue caused by other Tera files.

It could also be an issue with her internet connection because earlier this year she had switched to a different connection.. however, this issue did start before that switch.. bah.

Edit:
Virtual machine can run Tera correctly with just the files relevant to the client (Everything except the Art_Data and Sound_Data folders in the CookedPC folder - comes to a total of 264MB).
My virtual machine is running the same OS as both myself and my girlfriend with minimal hardware (ie. 1gb ram), though oddly it does not reproduce the issue with a renamed TERA folder. After launching, it prompts login without any error then I can run repair from the launcher settings to download the additional art/sound data. Can't test whether it'll actually play because we can't play from virtual machines (error). >-<

I guess I'll give her these files and see whether that works.

Monday, February 25th 2013, 6:24pm

I didn.t understood ur issue corectly.. but i have 2 solutions fo u :
If thenlaucher doesn.t start but in task manager it.s open.. disconnect your internet, and then try to open the launcher. When thenlauncher opens connect the internet and u should be fine.

If the launcher starts but doesn.t download the patches.. get a mobile hard drive or even a uber memory stick, copy tera form someone who has it updated.. paste on ur girlfriend.s computer and u should be fine .. after doing this maybe u should download and install the launcher in the main tera folder.

I hope this will help you. If not, good luck finding a solution

Terra

Intermediate

Monday, February 25th 2013, 6:43pm

Edit:
She fixed the problem with the launcher not loading by either of these that I found in a post by Raven:
Latest Tera Launcher: http://download.frogster-online.com/FOG/tera/TERASetup.exe
Fix for launcher download issues: http://download.frogster.de/Tera/Fixes/T…adError_Fix.exe

Not sure which because she used both before testing.

No longer need a manual patch because she can now patch from the launcher.
Thanks again~!