You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to TERA - Europe Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

archiadus

Trainee

• "archiadus" started this thread

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 1:27pm

Infamy

Hi there :)

I've been playing this wonderfull game on the PvP server Killian for 5 days now and I really enjoy doing quests and some pvp
every once in a while but there's one thing that's been bothering me for some time now.

Whenever I get attacked by players that are obviously no match for me ( not because I think that i'm ''awesome or badass'' or anything like that but they're just not high enough a level to do enough damage to kill me ) and I kill them I gain high amounts of infamy per kill even though they're the ones to attack me first.
Now I won't lie and I admit that I've done my share of killing on the first day which has given me a high amount of infamy making me unable to disable the outlaw mode which in turn gives anyone the ability to attack me at any given moment ( I'm oke with that as that's a 100% my own fault ) but I don't think it's ''fair'' for me to keep gaining infamy for kills that I don't even want to make in the first place.

Now you might say things such as ''well then what are you doing in a low level area anyway?'' the answer to that is mainly finishing up achievements for which I have to be there or me helping out friends with BAM quests and such.

What i'm trying to say / ask here is if it's possible to make some sort of system that understands that if someone attacks me first and I kill them after that I then not gain infamy for those kills.

Tl;dr : When low levels attack you first and you kill them you shouldn't gain infamy

Fazer

Intermediate

• "Fazer" has been banned

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 2:08pm

I'm sorry dude, but I mean really? There is a reason why you get punished when you kill other players on a PvP server with an outlaw system... Besides if they can't kill you, then why should you bother with killing them? Try to imagine a lvl 60 going to a low lvl area with a lot of new players... nvm I don't want to explain. You started to kill other players, you got punished for that. End of story...
Stop the GvG abuse
https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=154574

[img][/img]

The Official Queen of Velik

Still not convinced? Official winner thread+picture (with [GM]Sealath as witness): https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=92773

In-game name: Okime!! on Fraya server

Warlord of Laughing Coffin

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 2:20pm

Isn't that sort of like saying if somebody starts a fight with you and then you murder them for it then you should not be classed as a murderer XD.

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 2:52pm

While I agree that killing lowbies should be punished, I think it would be useful to have some obvious identification when you are in outlaw state, such as changing nickname colour of the lowbies that will grant you infamy if killed. Of course you can look at their level, subtract their level from yours, do a comparison with max level difference in order to get no infamy, but that's not obvious.

A scenario could be like this: you (level 60) vs another (level 60) + some lowbie from nowhere. And while killing the lvl 60 opponent you nuke that lowbie. Oops. That would be not fair in my opinion. Because the game didn't make you aware of the potential danger in an obvious way.

This should go to suggestions topic for game improvements.

Phosphia

Professional

• "Phosphia" has been banned

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 2:59pm

I'm positive you don't get infamy for killing outlawed targets.
[img][/img]
Phosphia | Elin Lancer

House of Maids is recruiting

ochir

Trainee

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 2:59pm

go kill mobs and remove infamy, profit?