You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to TERA - Europe Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 2nd 2013, 10:25pm

warrior's skill rotation,

hey guys, im really confused about the skill rotation, cuz ive seen people saying skill rotation but its impossible cuz some of the skills doesnt appeare on the chained skills list,
and there are just too many skills for it to be comfortable to click x.x
can anyone good please write me his chained skill combo,
thanks!

Kompaniet

Intermediate

Thursday, May 2nd 2013, 11:24pm

Start with combative strike, traverse cut, blade draw to apply debuffs to the target. Then you can freely use random skills until you have 10 edge and use scythe for some nice damage. Keep applying combative and traverse cut as needed. Pounce if the target needs to be slowed.

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 12:27am

Quoted from "Kompaniet;2609558"

Start with combative strike, traverse cut, blade draw to apply debuffs to the target. Then you can freely use random skills until you have 10 edge and use scythe for some nice damage. Keep applying combative and traverse cut as needed. Pounce if the target needs to be slowed.

thanks where can i see how much edge i got?
and if its possible can u show a pic of how u set up the chained skills list?

Wormwood

Beginner

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 4:25am

I personally like to Spam Combative almost all the time when it's up, because even with Greater Infused and Mystic mana regen aura I go oom quite quickly (nostrum for lower CD tears through your mana pool), and it also does decent damage.
Aside from that, try to work in Rain of Blows after Pounce, as the animation will be way quicker if you do that.
If the tank is competent and you're lucky with Blade Draw CD procs, after Traverse Cut + Blade Draw -> Rising Fury - Blade Draw, you can do a Charging Slash -> Blade Draw.

If you're having trouble due to too many skills, you're doing it wrong. The only part of the combo that you can't mash chain on is Pounce -> Rain of Blows. When I'm DPSing I press 7 different buttons for my DPS rotation (+ any survivability/mobility/utility buttons, such as DFA, Evasive Roll, Leaping Strike and Deadly Gamble). Pounce, Rain of Blows, Combative Strike, Rising Fury, Charging Slash, Scythe and Chain Skill button. Traverse Cut and Blade Draw always follows another skill as a chain.
Shendelzare - Warrior - Fraya-EU

-

Someone has been sneaking into the allotment and putting top-soil on the ground... The plot thickens!

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 6:54am

As mentioned above, RoB is faster after Combative Strike/Pounce and Reaping Slash is faster after Rain of Blows. Reaping Slash is a good knockdown skill for PvP. Extend the list for an DPS warrior of Wormwood by Cascade (mainly for CoF) and Backstab (to keep behind an enemy). The rest is pretty much up to you.

You can see the edges below the hp bar of your target. It goes from 1 up to 10 edges max.

So lets say you can chain:

Combative Strike > Traverse Cut > Blade Draw (good starter combo for debuffs)
Pounce > Rain of Blows > Reaping Slash (PvP)
Charging Slash > BD (fastest edge builder combo ever:D)
Rising Fury > BD

There are some more small rotas but you can chain the rest through the chain skill button. You can also switch CS/Pounce. Both trigger TC after and both make RoB faster.

Don't chain Cascade with anything. Use it wisely in CoF. Try to extend stuns with it when a boss is already stunned and only 1sec is left on it (no matter from which class the stun came).

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 7:47am

thanks guys, one more thing, i only do PVP, whats the best combo after backstab?

Wormwood

Beginner

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 4:36pm

Quoted from "warriorsoul;2609855"

thanks guys, one more thing, i only do PVP, whats the best combo after backstab?

I like to jump on the healer + ranged DPS cluster with Backstab -> Cascade -> RoB (got it powerlinked for more damage) -> Battle Cry -> Pounce - Traverse -> BD.
I'll either achieve 1 of 2 things from this.

1) Lock down their healers/ranged long enough that my ranged people will call down the thunder and leave them all in a smoking crater, or
2) Keep them locked down long enough that the rest of my team wipes out their melee meatshields

Basically, what I do in BGs as Warrior is to lock people down and create chaos. You won't be stomping on people with your own damage until you have conjunct, or if you meet people with way worse gear than you.
Shendelzare - Warrior - Fraya-EU

-

Someone has been sneaking into the allotment and putting top-soil on the ground... The plot thickens!

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 12:22am

oh noo, skills doesn't epear in skill chains! U just keep hiting spacebar but still suck? Cant find "kill everyone" button?

Reroll to archer!
Evangelion guild
[img][/img]

Monday, May 6th 2013, 4:26pm

Quoted from "Sinigami;2612777"

oh noo, skills doesn't epear in skill chains! U just keep hiting spacebar but still suck? Cant find "kill everyone" button?

Reroll to archer!

this guy needs to get laid fast yo

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 2:29am

Quoted from "Wormwood;2610749"

I like to jump on the healer + ranged DPS cluster with Backstab -> Cascade -> RoB (got it powerlinked for more damage) -> Battle Cry -> Pounce - Traverse -> BD.

There are better combinations out there, much better. Test around what skills you can fit into your rotation before each stun runs out.

1 tip: dont waste your stuns by overlapping them

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 6:24am

Quoted from "sako12;2617661"

There are better combinations out there, much better. Test around what skills you can fit into your rotation before each stun runs out.

1 tip: dont waste your stuns by overlapping them

If you say so because of the BS + Cascade... you gotta know that Cascade only applies a stun if the target is previously stunned.
If not, it will just deal damage.

S1l3nc3

Professional

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 12:54pm

Thats right, but try to use combative strike inbetween bs and cascade, cascade will still aply and you can follow up with either punce+rob or vortext slash+blade draw(if you dodged before the bs).
[img][/img]

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 1:01pm

Quoted from "Shinigami Shin;2609831"

So lets say you can chain:

Combative Strike > Traverse Cut > Blade Draw (good starter combo for debuffs)
Pounce > Rain of Blows > Reaping Slash (PvP)
Charging Slash > BD (fastest edge builder combo ever:D)
Rising Fury > BD

I keep reading from forum posts about chaining skills with Combative Strike and Pounce, but at least for my level 27 Warrior they are not appearing in the chained skills list as chain starters. Is that a bug, changed feature or just the two concepts (chained skills and combo's) getting messed up?

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 1:22pm

Quoted from "Henshaw;2647865"

I keep reading from forum posts about chaining skills with Combative Strike and Pounce, but at least for my level 27 Warrior they are not appearing in the chained skills list as chain starters. Is that a bug, changed feature or just the two concepts (chained skills and combo's) getting messed up?

Combative Strike and Pounce are hardcoded to trigger a chain skill of a sped-up Traverse Cut when you use them. You don't get Traverse Cut until 28. Once you -get- Traverse Cut, every time you use CS/Pounce the Traverse will pop up for you to use on Space Bar (or whatever you've bound chain skills to - generally good to have it on a different key to jump).

People should realise though that the Chain Skills menu is a very very optional thing to set up. I see so many posts asking how to setup good chain skills in the menu and the answer is actually universally the same : Don't. Do not use the chain skills setup. There are a -few- chain combos for some classes that are worth setting up (mostly for healers as they have so many skills to bind) but there's virtually no reason to use them. Hotkey ALL your abilities. Change the keybindings of the default hotkeys so you utilise Q, E, R, and Shift/Alt versions of all the defaults, or use a Naga-style mouse. Then learn which ability is on which binding and press them all manually.

The only thing that putting a skill in the Chain Skills list does is possibly save you a hotkey space... at the expense of not being able to use that skill separately unless it has its own keybinding. And if it has its own keybinding, you don't need it set as a Chain skill, just press the button!

There's a few skills of course that are always hardcoded, usually ones where the game actually -speeds them up- when you use them. An example of the warrior is Blade Draw. You can presss blade draw anytime and it will be slow and terrible, but it automatically pops up as a chain skill after certain other skills, and if you use it then it will be superfast. For this reason you can leave Blade Draw off your bars and only use it from the chain skill activation. Same is true for Traverse Cut, and other skills for other classes like Overhand Strike/Measured Slice for a slayer or Final Reprisal for a Priest.

The key things with these hardcoded chain skills are a.) a skill with a hardcoded follow-up wont appear as a starter option in the chain skills menu, b.) the skill that follows will usually be twice as fast as just pressing it normally and c.) because of that you can usually leave the followup skill off your bars.

The best way to learn your class and get good in Tera is to open the Chain Skill window and take out ALL of them. Disable EVERY chain skill, even the silly default ones that the game puts in itself. Then the only chainskills that pop up in combat are the hardcoded ones that give the skill a speed up. Bind every other skill, and setup a selection of keys that feel comfortable, using shift combos if needed.

Setting up a chain skill basically does nothing. It gives no advantage, sometimes lagging can make it a disadvantage. Press every skill manually in sequence.
Read the tribulations of <Meow>'s young priestess - Ellorah's Diary.

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 2:48pm

Thank you very much for a fast and thorough answer. No confusion whatsoever anymore about how chains work. I have also noticed already that chaining skills actually does slow me down at times. Tried adding some chains I saw people mentioning, and ended up almost dying because of that against easy mobs. :-)

Again, thank you very much.