You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to TERA - Europe Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 22nd 2013, 10:08am

Best Race for Warrior [PvP Perspective]

Greetings everyone,
I'd like to say hello to everyone since this is my first thread.
Anyway I want to play a warrior and I'll be using it strictly for PvP. I don't care much about the appearance, lore etc. however a human or an aman male would be great (both for the appearances and I know if it makes much difference but the race passives are good as well).
However I will choose a race strictly for it's mechanics and hitboxes, so here it comes:

1. Which race (of class warrior) has the biggest range with dual swords to hit hitboxes?

2. Which race (of class warrior) has the smallest hitbox to get hit by any other class?

My priority would be a smaller hit box. Please feel free to add other stuff that you think people should know of.
Thanks in advance,
Kazathol

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 10:28am

no one?? i want to know it too :p

Sizuke

Intermediate

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 11:28am

I would go Castanic Female for Warrior personally.

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 2:22pm

I prefer high elf. Don't worry about race and i don't think the size of a character affects it's range/hitboxes. I played with Castanic Male and Popori Male warrior and didn't notice any difference in PvP.

IceD

Master

Main Character Name: Narcosis

Class: Sorcerer

Server: Killian

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 2:27pm

Doesn't matter. Warrior class is currently overbuffed, easy modo on every single race.

Quoted from "Roponmatsu"

Victim Girls... oh god.
Narcosis, the kinky elin sorceress.

incisorr

Professional

Server: Killian

Friday, April 12th 2013, 4:22am

dont go castanic female because its so overused and ugly. whenever i see one i feel like carving my soul out and watchin my body decay

Rafus

Trainee

• "Rafus" has been banned

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 2:35pm

Quoted from "incisorr;2570855"

dont go castanic female because its so overused and ugly. whenever i see one i feel like carving my soul out and watchin my body decay

hahahahahaha MAde my day
"Your Face is strange, Is it always like that? ":confused:

Stake

Trainee

• "Stake" has been banned

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 2:39pm

Choose castanic female if you wanna see a good butt and boobs. :o
Stake / Lv 59 Castanic Male Archer / Arcadia
Withoutend / Lv 35 Castanic Female Warrior / Fraya
[img][/img]

Thursday, August 15th 2013, 8:06am

I would say Aman male/female warrior

They are the most bugged race. When they do ''Dead from abow'' they go underground instead of goin up to the air like other races or when aman female do ''Evasive roll'' they go underground aswell. Some time you feel like you dont hit them at all...
Archer 60 - Slayer 60 - Lancer 60 - Warrior 60 - Berserker 60 - Priest 60 - Mystic 60 -Sorc 38

Thursday, August 15th 2013, 9:38am

PvP(arena) wise I saw baraka - there are some bastards who are using stagger bug and somehow with baraka it has freaking huge area of effect. Its sooo annoying for victims so be ready to be hated straight away.

Thursday, August 15th 2013, 11:41am

Simple. Elin = smallest hitbox + biggest range = best warrior race

Note: All players that use a Elin which is not their favorite race are stupid cowards.

Friday, August 16th 2013, 9:19pm

Go choose the Elin Class. It's pretty rare to see a female dwarf class on MMOs nowadays.
Plus, the Elin's hit box is really small, although I heard that larger race will get a larger attack hit box but I'm not sure if it's true or not.

But to be honest, just choose whatever race you want the most. Doesn't really matter. Really.

Saturday, August 17th 2013, 7:32am

Says the one playing Elin, ugliest disproportionate race looking like a kid but with legs bigger than their torso :crazy:

Anyway, appearances aside, castanics are pretty OP for warrior, not only you have 2nd smallest hitbox after elin, but also 1% crit chance from behind (and you'll want to hit from behind as warrior...). And half damage taken when you fall, nice in CS and to a lesser extent Fraywind.

Saturday, August 17th 2013, 1:23pm

Po..po..ri. :D

Saturday, August 17th 2013, 6:19pm

Actually Popori aren't worse than Castanic Females hitbox-wise. And animation-wise you have the stupid advantage of most people not being used to Popo characters running around doing stuff. Their racials are quite useless tho.

Artiste

Professional

• "Artiste" has been banned

Monday, August 19th 2013, 10:13am

Doesn't matter. Warrior class is currently overbuffed, easy modo on every single race.

+1
This F2P system make more random... Boxe with a chance to drop spellbind.

Monday, August 19th 2013, 2:55pm

Says the one playing Elin, ugliest disproportionate race looking like a kid but with legs bigger than their torso :crazy:
Says the castanic female, with hands so big that make her look like a monkey.

After changing from castanic female to elin I noticed that the rain of blow animation is slower (might just be my impression tho), therefore, I'd say castanic female.

Anyway, to answer the OP questions, elins have the smallest hitbox in the game (however, you should also keep in mind that it will make healing you harder), about the range, I wouldn't be so sure.

Also, only people that never played warrior say that warrior is OP/easymode.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Wolfen" (Aug 19th 2013, 3:04pm)

Monday, August 19th 2013, 5:19pm

Also, only people that never played warrior say that warrior is OP/easymode.
QTF :cookie:

Monday, August 19th 2013, 9:14pm

Warrior can be easymode, they may not be OP though. Personally I found elin's warrior animation odd.

Tuesday, August 20th 2013, 2:59am

The warrior may look easy mode because of its starting combo, but even that can be done in many different ways. As in, after the starting combo you have lot of different rotation (enough to confuse any average/new player) which require you to chain different skills in a certain order, not to mention you need to time your staggers properly if you want to down certain classes.