You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to TERA - Europe Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Blaque

Beginner

• "Blaque" is male
  • "Blaque" started this thread

Main Character Name: Yurumi

Class: Reaper

Server: Killian

Sunday, March 2nd 2014, 7:39pm

What class is better for 3v3 Mystic or Priest?

The title says it all. I don't know enough about the classes to state my opinion about it so I wanted to know the communities opinion.
Blaqué | Yurumi (Killian)
"We can be friends if you provide chicken"

maximal

Intermediate

• "maximal" is male

Main Character Name: Shioli

Class: Warrior

Sunday, March 2nd 2014, 11:19pm

Mystics have lots and lots of cc´s. However they can´t spam them, since they don´t have infinite mp. They also have crit aura and crit resistence aura. So you crit more and the enimy less often. They do have a short 25 power buff and a 10min endurance buff from a glyph. Auras are not dispellable. They also have pets. One heals and dispells you. One is the one that gives endurance buffs, but does not do much other than that. One is like mostly useless. One has a high cooldown and hits EXTREMELY hard however it needs good timing to be effective.

Priests have only 1 single cc being a single target sleep. However they heal for a lot more, they do have an aoe cleance, unlike mystics, who have a lock on. They do have a 5 sek cc-immunity, kaias and 120% stamina rezz. And buffs 25power 12endurance hp-regen movement-speed 5resistence witch do last a long long time, however they are dispellable, but can be rebuffed at all time. They also have energystars, witch do give i believe it was 36power and 9 atk speed for a short time. They also have a shield, witch blocks 14k and makes them immun vs kds and staggers in that time.

Personally in my group i actually prefere priest a bit. But that´s ONLY because of energystars actually .. xD. Really with es giving power and atk speed and even more power from the power buff, warriors are skyrocket on their own. But actually other than that i prefere playing with a good healer. That´s priority. Playing with someone, who can play. I prefere good/competent mystics over bad priest BY FAR!

So play what you want to play. If you get good with one, then it does not really matter. If you can´t decide, then play both to 60. Watch streams or whatever.

Well priest also have a much better rezz, wich the shield giving them kd and stagger immunity and the stun immunity. However that does not really matter if you want to do serious 3v3 in teams. You´ll most likely not get a rezz off even as a priest in premade 3v3. The opponent dds will just crush kaias and then it´s over. Or dispel it. You just won´t rezz a lot if you play with and agains good players.
~Gotta catch 'em all~

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 12:58am

i've always wondered what this guy maximal manages to put in his ridiculously long posts and this time i decided to read a bit.. this one time .. nevermind

theres only 1 person thats good enough at mystic and he doesn't play anymore so go priest cus its easier

mystics require more skill and better team coordination

Saruu

Intermediate

• "Saruu" is male

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 4:40am

Ikr ? Its like he has no one to talk to and therefore has to write books on the forum :lol:

Priest easier to master but mystic if mastered more profit imo. But as flan already said there arent any good pvp mystics anymore so no one who actually xan teach you stuff. Go for priest

maximal

Intermediate

• "maximal" is male

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 7:39am

I have ppl to talk with, but que for skyring no matter if solo or team sometimes it just does not open for a long long time, or i am just at school and have an hour break or something. So in times i have really nothing to do i write those or watch streams. I can talk while watching or writing as well you know?...
~Gotta catch 'em all~

maximal

Intermediate

• "maximal" is male

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 8:21am

However if you want to make a mystic, because you like the class more than priest (as i said try it YOURSELF, because noone can tell you what you like) and you are willing to learn the class, then go for it. Even if there are no good mystics on Killian, it´s doable. If you need something, you can watch na streams. There is one good called Star and maybe more. Idk if Star streams or not. If not you can still make a twink on na-mt and talk to him/her. It will be very rewarding i guess when you are like the one and only good mystic on whole EU. We have like semi-good/good mystics on our pool. Meaning they are at least able to heal and cc, while still not running out of mp and survive vs most players. However even the best healer will need help from his team, you cannot forever survive 1-2 good DDs.
~Gotta catch 'em all~

IceD

Master

• "IceD" is male

Main Character Name: Narcosis

Class: Sorcerer

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 12:18pm

You want to know my answer? None, lol.

If you really want to enjoy pvp, play an archer, sorcerer, slayer, lancer or a warrior.

Quoted from "Roponmatsu"

Victim Girls... oh god.
Narcosis, the kinky elin sorceress.

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 12:28pm

The title says it all. I don't know enough about the classes to state my opinion about it so I wanted to know the communities opinion.
"Chicken slayer has joined your channel".... go for priest mate, unless you wanna go hardcore... in that case go for mystic. If I would choose I would go for mystic as it has more skills compared to priest and it is more challenging.

Quoted

"all is kill"

GRat

Professional

• "GRat" is male

Main Character Name: èlmek

Class: Priest

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 1:52pm

Mystics with new gears are uncatchable. Free teleport away on kd, really even if the enemy doesn't kd you on purpose you can jump and get a free escape.
Add to this all the CC in a mystic's arsenal and you get a really stong class for small scale pvp like arenas.

Priest just has his heals and energy stars that enable his team to do massive damage. More tanky but less mobile and only one CC.

So the dilemma between the two choices can be resolved by answering this one question.

Do you prefer mass pvp or small scale pvp?

Priest shines in zergs whilst mystic shines in small scale conflicts.

Sugar.Spice & everything nice.

Blaque

Beginner

• "Blaque" is male

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 5:32pm

Do you prefer mass pvp or small scale pvp?
Says in the title "for 3v3" but w/e xD Thanks for the input

"Chicken slayer has joined your channel".... go for priest mate, unless you wanna go hardcore... in that case go for mystic. If I would choose I would go for mystic as it has more skills compared to priest and it is more challenging.
Lool xD I want to make a healer for the eq arena (if it comes) because I don't want to keep going with my lancer. I want to be aggressive so I guess from what you're saying I should go mystic.

To everyone else, I don't mind how hard it is to play or how long it takes to master I'll try to eventually learn it as well as I can. I want to be really aggressive and be able to provide good heals for myself and the team so for now I'm saying mystic but still taking others opinions.

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 9:32pm

Mystic is the most strategic class in TERA so if you like strategy and thinking instead of just APM spamming go for it. Well not like priests need high APM it's one of the easiest classes to play in my opinion :lol:

Sorcs and mystics both are very similar in their CCs but mystic are abit more diverse because they have heals and buffs too, on the other hand sorc has self buffs only. Don't get me wrong, their CCs aren't the best at all, it's just that most CCs are very weak and have big shortcomings in "general" so they have to be used with caution (i.e sleep is very weak compared to a stun, you have to be careful casting it, even a DoT on the target would break it... on the other hand any monkey can apply a stun and do "something", no need for brain -- same with most other mystic CC like Mire, Fear, etc).

Blaque

Beginner

• "Blaque" is male

Tuesday, March 4th 2014, 7:59pm

Decided to make a priest because I'll be using for solo q most of the time, I give my thanks to everyone that gave advice. The thread can be closed now.

Thursday, March 6th 2014, 10:52am

If you need something, you can watch na streams

Implying that the NA scene has anything to offer in comparison to the EU
scene. Sure, there might be more PvP mystics there in terms of numbers,
but the rest of the players are just so much worse than the EU ones
that it doesn't matter.

Thursday, March 6th 2014, 12:13pm

^im glad atleast some people have an idea whats going on

if you need something you should pm erionyan/tomokonyan ingame on killian because hes the best priest/mystic in this solar system possibly even galaxy, also dont forget to say "petturi perkele" to him.

maximal

Intermediate

• "maximal" is male

Thursday, March 6th 2014, 12:17pm

If you think so, you can.

Flan said there are 0 good mystics on Killian. Idk if that is right as i don´t play on Killian.

But are you even playing on na??? I have a 30 twink warrior on na at least. Made that one lvl 30 2 days ago and now i´ll just do my daylie cs, even tho it kind of sucks as a 30 warrior w.o. skills, glyphs and crystals.. xD

For now it´s only going to be a twink to try out things like new yolo que and combos w.o. broken stuns, because na seems to get EVERY SINGLE patch sooner and we get 0 information, when we will get it. However it will take a while to get that one 60, because as i said twink not main at least for now. I wish back the insta 58 event! -.-
~Gotta catch 'em all~

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 6:46pm

Priests are gods, they cant die

Mystics are jesus, they die (?)

Or simpler:

Priests are op while mystics are halfway balanced. 30% to 15% was a good change, but in the other hand priests need these heal/cc nerfs too to get a more healthy pvp.
But he never gets those

maximal

Intermediate

• "maximal" is male

Monday, March 10th 2014, 11:41am

Good mystics are harder to kill than priests.

Priests w.o. kaias and gs do have 0 protection and vs good players the 2 backjump escapes are a joke. Gs alone does ot really help, they can still get staggered / kded.

In the moment a mystic gets out of a cc, he will jaunt in a random direction heal himselve, while almost not effected by healing debuffs and cc you.

Just my oppinion.
~Gotta catch 'em all~

Monday, March 10th 2014, 2:26pm

--
In the moment a mystic gets out of a cc, he will jaunt in a random direction heal himselve, while almost not effected by healing debuffs and cc you.--
And then, if you were a competent Warrior, you'd Backstab him and kill him. Easy. Even if he doesn't die, it's going to take... what. 30 seconds at least until he'll be back to full health? Just finish him off.
It's over! I'm out.

maximal

Intermediate

• "maximal" is male

Monday, March 10th 2014, 4:05pm

Well i did never say i never kill mystics, only that i think it's more annoying killing a mystic than a priest.. :) He may even jump you backstap and reset teleport...
~Gotta catch 'em all~