You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to TERA - Europe Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Heyyou2

Professional

• "Heyyou2" is male

Main Character Name: Heyyou

Class: Sorcerer

Server: Arcadia

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 12:44pm

Before this continue any further, maybe some people here should read what Marlissa is actually saying. He never justified cheating, he never said he supports it in any way. The whole point of his post is to find the cause of why people cheats, and I think he did mention one of them.
When people start to cheat it can be due to many reasons, the most common one is laziness, but also when they feel it's safe to cheat.

What needs to be done is
  1. Fix the core issue on why people cheat
  2. Punish those who cheat

Marlissa tried to figure out the core reason behind why people cheat and discuss about a solution (at least that's what i think after reading his posts), maybe you should discuss that with him instead of attacking him?

The core reason is that people are lazy and don't want a challenge, not because that is the only way to get that gear. Then please explain why did he compare cheating to stealing bread to survive? If that isn't trying to justify cheating then i don't know what is.
Arcadia - En

Infamous

Heyyou - sorcerer

Blessyou - priest

Lashyou - reaper

Dharc

Board Administrator

• "Dharc" is male

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 1:04pm

Before this continue any further, maybe some people here should read what Marlissa is actually saying. He never justified cheating, he never said he supports it in any way. The whole point of his post is to find the cause of why people cheats, and I think he did mention one of them.
When people start to cheat it can be due to many reasons, the most common one is laziness, but also when they feel it's safe to cheat.

What needs to be done is
  1. Fix the core issue on why people cheat
  2. Punish those who cheat

Marlissa tried to figure out the core reason behind why people cheat and discuss about a solution (at least that's what i think after reading his posts), maybe you should discuss that with him instead of attacking him?

The core reason is that people are lazy and don't want a challenge, not because that is the only way to get that gear. Then please explain why did he compare cheating to stealing bread to survive? If that isn't trying to justify cheating then i don't know what is.

I believe it's a part of laziness as well. If people think it takes too long/it's impossible then they will start to cheat as a way to "survive". Now, yes it may sound stupid or extreme, but it's just an illustration.
If i'm correct, Marlissa meant that the lack of activity is one of the reasons that people cheat in order to get what they want, and i believe that's one of the reasons. If it had higher activity, wintrading should be harder to do, you wouldn't be forced to do it either, unless you are really bad, since you could play it more actively.

Anyways, keep this topic up on finding the issue behind why people cheat and how to solve it, wintrading is an issue that needs to be fixed, cheating overall is.

Marlissa

Professional

• "Marlissa" is male
  • "Marlissa" has been banned

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 1:08pm

Better if I answer that...

Because there is no alternative to get BR in some servers...plain and simple...Same as Jean Valjean had no alternative to get a bread but to steal...
No in fact Jean Valjean had the alternative to ask but he fell into the temptation to steal...

In our case...there is literally no alternative in Arcadia at least...

And anyway that was just to answer Ayrshi s comparison to "I wanna be a millionaire....thingy"

And it s not just laziness....in fact laziness has nothing to do here...

Skyring=No laziness there is just no alternative that instance is dead...and u can only get BR with skyring rating
Alliances=No laziness...It s greed that started it and now people do it only to beat the cheaters to no end...

You cannot combat something you do not understand

Quoted from "dharc"

If it had higher activity, wintrading should be harder to do, you wouldn't be forced to do it either, unless you are really bad, since you could play it more actively.

Accuracy 100%
wintraders in an active queue will soon quit cheating because the real teams out there would make short work of them...
I ll resist answering to ill comments...
I can t drag people out of the bog, they may drag me into it instead if i try to pull them out...

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Marlissa" (Jan 25th 2014, 1:16pm)

Heyyou2

Professional

• "Heyyou2" is male

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 1:18pm

Because there is no alternative to get BR in some servers...plain and simple...Same as Jean Valjean had no alternative to get a bread but to steal...
No in fact Jean Valjean had the alternative to ask but he fell into the temptation to steal...

In our case...there is literally no alternative in Arcadia at least...

And anyway that was just to answer Ayrshi s comparison to "I wanna be a millionaire....thingy"

And it s not just laziness....in fact laziness has nothing to do here...

Skyring=No laziness there is just no alternative that instance is dead...and u can only get BR with KS rating
Alliances=No laziness...It s greed that started it and now people do it only to beat the cheaters to no end...

You cannot combat something you do not understand

Skyring= i have guildmate who did matches this week legit so you are wrong about it being dead. Even i did legit matches last season(?) to get murderous intent skill, i did the 10 required matches in under 2 hours.
Alliances= Laziness and lack of skill,also, greed of course, but you can become exarch by getting kills in pvp too and without cheating.
Also, as i said, i still haven't seen someone die because they don't have BR. Ayrshi's example was good because all of that stuff is optional, but stealing so one could survive ....
Arcadia - En

Infamous

Heyyou - sorcerer

Blessyou - priest

Lashyou - reaper

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 1:21pm

Because there is no alternative to get BR in some servers...plain and simple.........

why BR? VM works too and quills are easy nowdays :thumbup:

Heyyou2

Professional

• "Heyyou2" is male

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 1:24pm

Because there is no alternative to get BR in some servers...plain and simple.........

why BR? VM works too and quills are easy nowdays :thumbup:

Maybe he can't get quills?
Arcadia - En

Infamous

Heyyou - sorcerer

Blessyou - priest

Lashyou - reaper

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 1:26pm

most ppl can learn it. even at low pop servers mc is farmed. they even sell low. and new gear makes it even more easyer now.

cheat cuz you cant do anything ? and still want "bestest gears" ? meh

Marlissa

Professional

• "Marlissa" is male

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 1:42pm

i know how to do HM give me 4 ppl that can and i ll do it

The problem is that people are selling their quills now
some are just buying them so they don t wanna come with me
some are selling them so again they don t wanna come with me cause I m not paying

I just want an equal share
+ why should i be deprived of the option to do it with pvp?
I can t drag people out of the bog, they may drag me into it instead if i try to pull them out...

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 1:45pm

Anyways, keep this topic up on finding the issue behind why people cheat and how to solve it, wintrading is an issue that needs to be fixed, cheating overall is.

Sharc, you don't need a discussion to find out why people cheat. Just a basic understanding of human nature. But since you and Marlissa seem to lack that skill, here's why people cheat:
- because they are lazy and it's the easy way out
- because it's faster
- because they can't do it in any other way
- to gain an advantage over others
It can be any combination of those reasons or just one of them. But saying people are "forced" to cheat is justifying it. You are never forced to cheat in an online game. You might feel like you are in real life, but never in a game.
Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you
If I ever meet you I'll control-alt-delete you

Marlissa

Professional

• "Marlissa" is male

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 1:47pm

try become exarch without cheating and u ll see it yourself

Heyyou2

Professional

• "Heyyou2" is male

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 1:52pm

You were an exarch, applying logic, marlissa is a cheater according to his logic. Well, that explains why you are trying to justify it.
Arcadia - En

Infamous

Heyyou - sorcerer

Blessyou - priest

Lashyou - reaper

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 1:56pm

i know some ppl who did that without cheating.

but go on ... bring more reasons excuses why you/ppl need to cheat :lol:

Dharc

Board Administrator

• "Dharc" is male

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 1:57pm

But since you and Marlissa seem to lack that skill, here's why people cheat:
- because they are lazy and it's the easy way out
- because it's faster
- because they can't do it in any other way
- to gain an advantage over others
It can be any combination of those reasons or just one of them. But saying people are "forced" to cheat is justifying it. You are never forced to cheat in an online game. You might feel like you are in real life, but never in a game.

Didn't I just write that? Could be I didn't express myself in a good way.

Regardless what, end the fighting in all ways now. This is a note to everyone, if you don't have anything to contribute to this thread that isn't about attacking and insulting another user, don't bother posting at all. We do not want this thread to turn into a flame thread. Keep it as a normal discussion.

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 2:23pm

-Merging the servers' queues will render wintrading ineffective because the traders will run to really strong teams and lose ranking.
Your PvE servers aren't the center of the world, we could care less about merging pools with them since it's already inactive there, and I can tell you we still suffer from massive win trading so you are wrong.

Heyyou2

Professional

• "Heyyou2" is male

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 2:45pm

Dharc. If you want this thread to be constructive, maybe one person here should stop posting false information about the situation on certain server.
Arcadia - En

Infamous

Heyyou - sorcerer

Blessyou - priest

Lashyou - reaper

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 2:52pm

I agree with Heyyou, 3v3 is nowhere near as dead as people claim it to be. I only did 10 matches to get murderous intent, only encountered traders once. All in one day as well :dash:

It's getting better as well, since strikeforce is so easy to make ;)

Marlissa

Professional

• "Marlissa" is male

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 3:14pm

I ll try it...haven t tried it for a while...things may have become better

modie

Professional

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 4:21pm

Don't know the situation now,but 2 months ago it was so hard to find a match ...
Once i proposed to guildmates to q with 2 teams for 3v3 . (NOT for wintrading,just to face each other,just for fun,there was not anything else to do anyway,just cs that putted all the premades in defending team so no fun from it either .....)
The reason why they didn't want to do this was that at ranking,they would be 6 from the same guild and we might be considered win traders . So within guild walls i could find only 1 team .Truth be told,i got discouraged and didn't spam global.
Don't know about the situation now,some say that you do fw and 33 for some hours and it's working.
But back then,or you would go into with your friends and you would have been considered win trader sooner or later,or you waited 1:30 and someone dced after 1st round .

So i can get what marlissa is saying. From my point of view,q with 2 premades was the only solution,not for wintrading,but how can someone be sure that 6 from the same guild didn't manipulate the stats ? And that was the reason i only played 1-2 33 on arcadia and then switched :)
if no take bak i wil hate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "modie" (Jan 25th 2014, 4:27pm)

Marlissa

Professional

• "Marlissa" is male

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 4:36pm

I had the EXACT same story modie...

Sunday, January 26th 2014, 3:11pm

Then please explain how some ppl manage to get legit scores while others have to cheat to get points ?

It's obvious to see who cheats and nothing is done about it,

http://puu.sh/6yMnL.jpg

Little extra, i gave a specific color to each guild in the image, see any pattern maybe ?