You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to TERA - Europe Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 5:53pm

Servers: PvP or PvE?

Hey!

I've tried to google it, but I cant find the answer. What are the differences from PvP server to PvE? Is it something similar to flyff? That you can attack every1 outside the cities, but that will give u a negative status, and when u have this negative status, you will lose items if some1 kill you. And u have to gain xp (lower than usual) to get the negative status away. Or is it something totally different? :)

Thanks in advance!
d8-)

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 6:50pm

The only difference between the two server types is that PvP servers have open world PvP. As far as I'm aware whilst there is an "infamy" debuff gained by killing any players it doesn't actually have any real negative effects. It's just sorta there.

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 7:47pm

The only difference between the two server types is that PvP servers have open world PvP. As far as I'm aware whilst there is an "infamy" debuff gained by killing any players it doesn't actually have any real negative effects. It's just sorta there.
So you can simply kill any1 at any time without any risks? Whats the pros for killing some1 then? Do u get anything, like there items or xp?

IceD

Master

• "IceD" is male

Main Character Name: Narcosis

Class: Sorcerer

Server: Killian

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 7:55pm

No. Infamy is just a lousy mechanism to introduce some sort of "penalty" for killing players, which are much weaker than you (in terms of level progression). The rest is just BS. There are no gains from being an outlaw; on the other hand you can lose your crystals as an outlaw, when you die (or use crystalbinds).

Outlaw declaration exists purely for fun (and annoyance, to some players). If you can't comprehend it like that, you won't be happy with it.

Quoted from "Roponmatsu"

Victim Girls... oh god.
Narcosis, the kinky elin sorceress.

GummiBear

Intermediate

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 11:10am

To make it a bit more clear, on a PvP server you ahve to declare yourself an outlaw (gaining a circle beneath your feet), to be able to attack everyone, and in turn everyone can also attack you. If you kill somoene that is 6lvl or more below you you gain 10 infame for each lvl below you he is, and as long as you got any infamy you will not be able to turn off outlaw (that is the ONLY penalty). in turn if you dont ahve any infamy you can turn outlaw on and off anytime you want. however you can never attack someone in any city or town, nor most camps, outlaw or not. Your infamy also steadily decrease 1 outlaw every 5 min's or by killing mobs of your own lvl or higher

Saturday, July 13th 2013, 9:56pm

But you only get infamy for killing ppl 6 lvls below you? And every lvl below that will increase the infamy points with 1, which starts on 10? And you can lose your crystals if you die with infamy status? Will the killer then be rewarded the crystals? Their must be some sort of reward for killing players, what fun would there be if not? I mean, seriously? What game doesnt give some reward for good pkers?

Example:
1. Runescape: you lose all your equipment and inventory, and the killer can pick it up. But there is only pvp in a limited area, and the deeper you go in there, the higher lvl differences there can be between the pkers.
2. FlyFF: you get a negative status for killing others and it will disapear when u train on mobs at your lvl. Very much like Tera, except you risk losing equipment when u have this negative status.

So there is actually no rewards for being a good pker? I guess I should post this in the general forum and get support for some changes if not. :)