You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to TERA - Europe Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 5:39pm

difference between pvp servers and pve servers?

Can anyone explain the difference between pve and pvp servers ? THx

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 6:41pm

PvE and PvP servers are much the same aside from one key difference. PvP servers have world PvP whilst PvE servers don't. You can still do most other PvP stuff on PvE servers though (Battlegrounds, Duels, Deathmatches and GvG).

dayMdel

Intermediate

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 6:56pm

In one you get surprise buttsecks PKed while doing your quests and minding your own business, in the other, you don't.
. Blog / deviantArt / LiveJournal / Tumblr / Twitter / Steam / Pinterest / Last.FM / Xfire .

Free agent, no masters no gods, couldn't care less if I don't please you.
¤ Daymdel : Castanic Sorcerer - Level 44 - Killian ¤

[img][/img]

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 7:01pm

In PvP servers there is "open world PvP", meaning after level 11 players can attack and kill each other. Or rather, by joining a PvP server you are willingly entering a world where lowbies getting stomped by OP lvl 60s, sometimes 24/7, great stuff. In PvE servers there is none of that, just fighting against mobs (and only limited PvP, in the form of duels, GvG etc). Have fun!

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 8:01pm

want to pk or don't care about being pk'd by a cheap lame L60 because he thinks he's god over you go to pvp

want peace while you level? and you choose who you fight with IF you want too pve
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650

Monday, June 17th 2013, 8:29am

I dont know about other pvp servers, but i play on balder and while lvling 1 char to 60 and like 4 chars to 40+, i got maybe 1 time pked by lvl 60 for no reason. So your argument is kinda invalid. And its bullshit that you cant lvl in peace on the pvp servers. Wanna lvl there with no person around? go different higher channel! use your brain to outsmart your enemy. and the best thing about pvp server is, if your borred from slaying 100000000 mobs than you can go and start killing people on your lvl! btw i didnt have any infamy till jet, cause i never pk lowies and you guys should stop saying "OMG on pvp server all are assholes".

Best Regards, Terrana, Elite Member of Art of War.

Squat

Intermediate

Monday, June 17th 2013, 2:11pm

OMG on pvp server all are assholes.

Monday, June 17th 2013, 3:16pm

PVE server is a boring but peaceful place.

In PVP server, when you see red people in town, be very well prepared. Ganking happens usually in low level areas though. People in PVP server tend to be younger, more open-minded and relatively more skillful.

Sunflare

Beginner

• "Sunflare" is male

Thursday, June 20th 2013, 10:55am

Quoted from "exxblubb;2672519"

I dont know about other pvp servers, but i play on balder and while lvling 1 char to 60 and like 4 chars to 40+, i got maybe 1 time pked by lvl 60 for no reason. So your argument is kinda invalid. And its bullshit that you cant lvl in peace on the pvp servers. Wanna lvl there with no person around? go different higher channel! use your brain to outsmart your enemy. and the best thing about pvp server is, if your borred from slaying 100000000 mobs than you can go and start killing people on your lvl! btw i didnt have any infamy till jet, cause i never pk lowies and you guys should stop saying "OMG on pvp server all are assholes".

Best Regards, Terrana, Elite Member of Art of War.

I'm sorry but how does avoiding the problem others are talking about make their argument invalid? Since the open world PvP is the main difference, why would I want to create a char there, if I wanted to level or play in peace? If you want peace and quiet, you go onto a PvE server, if you want 'action all the time', you go onto a PvP server. What's the point playing on a PvP server if you change channels all the time to avoid people? You've got me confused. Plus, do you happen to also inspect everyone you come across before starting a fight? How is their level any indication of their capabilities in terms of gear etc? And just because you have had a different experience (making a PvP environment feel like PvE?!) doesn't mean that everyone has, even though you have 2349945 chars.
OP asks about differences. Anything to say that's not off-topic?

I can confirm that a PvE server is usually a quiet place to play on. However, GvG can make your life a little miserable at times. For example, you're a lowbie and your guild is at war with another guild. It is known that some higher level people do go to lower level areas and pick on random players. Of course, you don't have to be in a guild, so this is avoidable. However, sometimes even L60s feel disturbed by GvG when there's Nexus. Some even don't go to Nexus while their guild is in GvG. Most of the time though, you decide IF and WHEN to combat other players - be it in the form of a duel, Battleground, Skyring.
'The best way to predict the future is to invent it!'

'Georg Fabricius said, "Death comes to us all! But great achievements? They build a monument which shall endure until the sun grows cold."'

Thursday, June 20th 2013, 3:26pm

I dont think about pk as a problem... its more fun with it in the game. only if you want to grind your brain out it maybe disturb you. and i dont think you have to critize my oppinion since its my oppinion and not yours.

Regards.

IceD

Master

• "IceD" is male

Main Character Name: Narcosis

Class: Sorcerer

Server: Killian

Friday, June 21st 2013, 9:20am

The difference? PvP servers have open world pvp happening all the time, while PvE servers have consensual PvP combat. If you cringe on the sole prospect of getting killed by high level players in low level areas, avoid people in general and want to grind your PvE content in complete peace, you shouldn't roll onto TERA's PvP servers.

Quoted from "Roponmatsu"

Victim Girls... oh god.
Narcosis, the kinky elin sorceress.

Friday, June 21st 2013, 3:36pm

Quoted from "tabatan;2672774"

People in PVP server tend to be younger

I think that is completly opposite. Still most ppl from PvP servers come from old generations of MMOs. And oldshool MMORPGs are not that peaceful games as Tera or WoW, even on PvP server.

Friday, June 21st 2013, 5:16pm

Quoted from "Sunflare;2675294"

What's the point playing on a PvP server if you change channels all the time to avoid people?
Because maybe some people want to PvP at lv60??? Say, go kill people farming BAMs? Kill your KOS guild without being in GvG? Unfortunately, you have to go through all that lowbie bullshit for it though.

No one cares about lowbie PvP.

Sunflare

Beginner

• "Sunflare" is male

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 1:16am

Quoted from "exxblubb;2675546"

I dont think about pk as a problem... its more fun with it in the game. only if you want to grind your brain out it maybe disturb you. and i dont think you have to critize my oppinion since its my oppinion and not yours.

Regards.

I'm not criticising you. On the contrary - I respect your opinion and am glad you decided to share it. However, I don't like you trying to impose your point of view by dismissing other posters' opinions as 'invalid' and 'bullshit'.

In my previous guild, someone who initially registered on a PvP server said they grew tired of this constant 'street fighting', so he switched servers. If you like it, that's fine. Not everyone does though, for one reason or another.

Peace! :)
'The best way to predict the future is to invent it!'

'Georg Fabricius said, "Death comes to us all! But great achievements? They build a monument which shall endure until the sun grows cold."'